No announcement yet.

Would you play for Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would play for Iran at this point. Canada sucks though. If they were good it would be a tougher decision.

Comment

Of course. If I didn't care I wouldn't be on this forum.

Comment

Would you play for Iran?

I would play for Iran, but there is so much that I dislike about the IR.

Like it or not, playing for Iran means supporting the regime.

Even if you are playing for the IRANIAN people, they support the regime as well.

On one hand it feels nice to score the half-way goal to get IRAN in the semi-finals of the World Cup , on the other hand it feels wrong to play for a country that cowardly hangs people in front of large masses of people.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post

Even if you are playing for the IRANIAN people, they support the regime as well.

On one hand it feels nice to score the half-way goal to get IRAN in the semi-finals of the World Cup , on the other hand it feels wrong to play for a country that cowardly hangs people in front of large masses of people.
          And what about places like the US who have overthrown the leaders of, extorted and destroyed more than 30 soveirgn nations ? I think you are making the logical fallacy of not being able to separate country from government. Go to Iran, most people are completely against the regime, everyone knows they suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

So why do you support players that "support the regime" ?

Comment

What a ridiculous notion. Governments have come and gone and it's only Iran that has continued to exist.

You are playing for Iran not IR, end of story.

Comment

Also, Faghat Iran.

And to some of the people here who "Taghche Bala" mizaran, don't worry we have enough talented people in Iran that your services won't be needed. It's sad to not have your amazing footballing talents but well, life moves on.

IPL has kept us the #1 in Asia and I'm sure it will continute to do so.

Comment

Look at how much the players support the regime.

Yup. Those green bands are for the regime and totally not worn in the support of the green movement and iranian people. Yeah, they love the regime.

Khejalat bekeshin. Don't ever call the players regime supporters. Vouria, Kaveh and Bakhtiar are Kurd, go call them regime supporters in their face. Good luck.

Comment

If I want the fame, kos and esgho hal I would
                    Go with Iran. If I want professionalism and to
                    Further my professional career I would 100% go with the USMNT.

Comment

Would you play for Iran?

Originally posted by Doroudi View Post
                      Omg brooo, jaileddd? You're so uniqueeee we totally don't understand your circumstanceee!

Just kidding. Probably at least half of members here have had close relatives imprisoned for political reasons. My grandfather was imprisoned by IR and died of a heart attack while incarcerated. My father had been (mistakenly) arrested by SAVAK and also put in prison by IR, as well as three of my uncles.
                      Iran is still number 1
                      Do you know why you choose Iran ? You have gheyrate irani
                      TEAM MELLI IRAN - PERSPOLIS

Comment

If you were in a position as a young player who was performing well enough for their club that both their country of residence and Iran national team were requesting your services, who would you choose.

Now before you say "Faghat Iran", think of some of the problems that could occur.

You have the IFF which provide inadequate kits, camps, accomodation, travel etc. You have Iranian media which might scrutinise you wearing shorts in a pic you posted on media. You have mullahs who advise you to close your eyes when half naked women are around. You have the disciplinary committee not happy with your tattoo that says "you are above tehm" etc.

Can you honestly tell me would you stand this shit?

Which national team would you represent?
                        Playing for Australia you get more exposure and all that.

Playing for Iran its a different feeling, fame, and its just a whole different thing.

I was born and raised in Australia yet I cant get my head around it. I can't be emotionally attached to it idk why.

Comment

I wouldn't even play for Holland even if I knew for sure that Iran wasn't going to call me up anyway for some reason. It's either Iran or nothing!

And you are playing for the country and its people, not for Khomeini or Khamenei. Do you think all players that are playing or have played for Iran in the past all supported this regime?! Hell no! Still they represented Iran, because they are "Iranians", not because they are "Khomeinians" or "Islamic Repuclicans"!

IRANIANS!
                          Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

If I was in a situation like Boateng or Özil, and could be a regular starter for Germany, I would choose Germany, never Denmark. Else, I would definitely go with Iran.

Comment

As CQ said, to play for the national team, you need to have the right attitude and the passion to wear the shirt of Team Melli.

Even if I would have been good enough to play for Austria, I would reject it, because I feel 0% Austrian. Even if I would have been better than Alaba. I would give everything to represent the beautiful land of IRAN and the IRANIAN people.
                              This doesn't mean, that I represent Khamenei, he doesn't even watch football. Do you represent Obama, when you play for the USA? Or Netanyahu, when you are an Israeli national player? Of course not.

The only issue I might face with is that I'm Bahai and my family might get trouble.
                              Last edited by 04041374; 11-19-2015, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                                Look at how much the players support the regime.

Yup. Those green bands are for the regime and totally not worn in the support of the green movement and iranian people. Yeah, they love the regime.

Khejalat bekeshin. Don't ever call the players regime supporters. Vouria, Kaveh and Bakhtiar are Kurd, go call them regime supporters in their face. Good luck.
                                What was the green movement?

Sorry this is not ignorance but just a genuine question.

I remember the stories on the news, but I was too young to understand any of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X