No announcement yet.

Would you play for Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TM. I grew up watching TM play, and as a kid if you liked playing football, you wanted to grow up and play for TM.

Comment

I'm 16 and american and if god willing that day comes I'd say Iran. Even though the US has a better everything it doesn't have a better soccer pride and culture. Thats what matters the most to me.

Comment

Between Iran and Sweden... Faaaghat Iran!!!
        maa bachehaaye iroonim
        hamishe irooni mimoonim
        baa ham yeksedaa mikhoonim
        baa ham yek seda Iran Iran Iran

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
          If i really had to choose between country of residence or Iran, I would choose country of residence. Look at what happened to Beitashour and Davari and omid Nazari
          What exactly happened to Nazari, Beitashour and Davari exactly mate? I am unaware of it

Comment

No doubt only Iran, would not give a shit or have any attachment to any other national team.
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
              If i really had to choose between country of residence or Iran, I would choose country of residence. Look at what happened to Beitashour and Davari and omid Nazari.I guess for Davari and omid they didnt have chance to play for residence country, but Beitashour did.

I do not think Iran will expose your talent to the world like other countries would. Do you think Zidane would have become this well known if he played for Algeria? Also Ozil if playing for Turkey? The reality is when representing certain countries you will be exposed more because media finds them more interesting.

I believe that if a top footballer plays in a country of residences it is also good for ancestral country. Having an Iranian who plays for Spain team which wins a worldcup or goes to finals would act as encouragement to many Iranian players.
              Also,because of the positive exposure received from media that places a better image on ancestral country (look at steve jobs and better image he has created for Syrian people).
              Beitashour and Davari got to go to the world cup in brazil by choosing to play for iran. Neither of those three players could have ever played for their country of residence, let alone go to the world cup for them. Instead they got an life experience that we all dream of.
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I'd pick the country of my second nationality but not because of all the ideological/political or infrastructure issues mentioned previously. I'd do so because I'd want to give back to the country that invested in me and gave me the opportunity to grow as a footballer. That's just me though.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                  Sweden without a doubt. Nothing to do with IFF and it being incompetent. It has to do with the fact that my sharaf won't let me play for the Islamic Republic of Iran. If it was a secular democratic Iran sure but this Iran with Khomeinis face looking down at me in Azadi and Rouhani showing up to watch me play. No thank you! Most people here won't understand cause their parents weren't Jailed by IR and their grandparents weren't jailed by the Shah.

Now before you judge me and start saying IRAN IS IRAN NOT IR. Just respect my decision as i respect yours to represent Iran.
                  Omg brooo, jaileddd? You're so uniqueeee we totally don't understand your circumstanceee!

Just kidding. Probably at least half of members here have had close relatives imprisoned for political reasons. My grandfather was imprisoned by IR and died of a heart attack while incarcerated. My father had been (mistakenly) arrested by SAVAK and also put in prison by IR, as well as three of my uncles.
                  Iran is still number 1

Comment

Originally posted by Doroudi View Post
                    Omg brooo, jaileddd? You're so uniqueeee we totally don't understand your circumstanceee!

Just kidding. Probably at least half of members here have had close relatives imprisoned for political reasons. My grandfather was imprisoned by IR and died of a heart attack while incarcerated. My father had been (mistakenly) arrested by SAVAK and also put in prison by IR, as well as three of my uncles.
                    Iran is still number 1
                    Happened to my family members as well.
                    AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

I've been coming to this forum since around 2005 and I check it multiple times EVERY single day. My heart is with Iran and teammelli. My only football jersey is a official Iran jersey from the last world cup. I've cried tears of joy when we've had big victories and nearly broken down with our bitter defeats. However, I think I'd pick the USA over Iran. Its a tough call but the USA is my home. A secular atheist like me would have a hard time keeping my big mouth shut in a country like Iran. I'm illiterate in Farsi and my verbal skills are about as good as Dejagah's... probably worse because I don't use it often. It is stressful not being able to fit in and joke/flirt/express myself like the way I do in English. Also TM legionaries usually go on a downward spiral after joining. Iran is also filled with corrupt politicians and half of everyone is unprofessional/unorganized.
                      But it would also depend on the generation. If I saw that TM had more potential then might go with them and take upon all the inconveniences and hope to make the Iranian people proud. If I were German born and I were to make the starting line up, then I'd have to pick Germany, and then still hopefully make Iranians all over the world proud.

Comment

Canada is a great country, one of the best places in the world. But, no matter how long I live in Canada and no matter how much I become a Canadian, my heart will be with Iran. And I shall only wear the one jersey which represents my green white and red flag.

Comment

I glanced at the replies posted. It is heartwarming to read so many who want to play for Iran.

In my view, present regime will be replaced, we need to work on getting a better regime to care for Iran and place Iran first.

For me, even living in so many places, Iran comes first. I do not look like a typical Iranian, BUT I speak the language, I have an accent, I prefer Iranian meals, etc., therefore, I consider myself an Iranian. By the way, I do not think I will be asked to play for Team-e Meli. LOL.
                          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

I'd love to play for Iran and the Iranian people but I refuse to represent the islamic dictatorship. If it were secular & democratic, then yeah.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                              lol i know your joking but i know some people will get offended call me a vatan forsooh and so on . Wait they already did this and called me a separatist as well
                              You won't make it to the team because of your Ghelyon habit anyway!

Comment

This is when all the notions of how much you love Canada, US, or whatever else goes down the drain. Once you see the colors of TM you loose the doubts that you cared for anyone else. There will be no hesitation, not doubt. Your heart speaks the truth.

I would sell my soul to be young again and play for Iran.
                                Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                                .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Working...
                                X