Would you play for Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post
    I would just make a wise footballing decisions. Any footballer would love to follow a path of champions and leave a legacy behind. If I had to choose between two countries such as Canada and Iran, well without the shadow of doubt I would choose Iran. But If it was between a footballing powerhouse country such as Germany, Netherlands, Spain, France.... I would choose one of those country obviously because my chances of winning something or playing with world class footballers are much higher. People tend to forget Dejagah choose to play for Germany at first but once he realized his chances are low to get into the senior squad and he didn't getting called up, he decided to play for Iran instead. I remember to this day everybody on his forum hated his ass just because of his decision. There are so many other examples such as Podolski, Ozil, El Sharawy... So its not about being a traitor and turning your back against your country, its about leaving a legacy behind. I am not saying with Iran you will not leave a legacy behind but your footballing careers passes by very fast. Imagine missing out playing on the world biggest stage.
    You basically saying that you won't choose a country out of love, but rather out of what benefits you the most.

Comment

If I had to choose between Netherlands or Iran, I would take Iran in a heartbeat.

I am willing to serve my people despite all the problems that IFF would give me, I don't care.

The feeling of representing Iran in a Team Melli jersey and bring joy to other Iranians is probably the best feeling I would have as a professional footballer.

And don't tell me Netherlands provides better career perspective, serving TM is a privilege and by no means a "business"

Comment

1000000% Iran. I play for my pepole and my beatiful country
        TEAM MELLI IRAN - PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
          Sweden without a doubt. Nothing to do with IFF and it being incompetent. It has to do with the fact that my sharaf won't let me play for the Islamic Republic of Iran. If it was a secular democratic Iran sure but this Iran with Khomeinis face looking down at me in Azadi and Rouhani showing up to watch me play. No thank you! Most people here won't understand cause their parents weren't Jailed by IR and their grandparents weren't jailed by the Shah.
          Now before you judge me and start saying IRAN IS IRAN NOT IR. Just respect my decision as i respect yours to represent Iran.
          If IR is the problem for you then you could simply choose neither and just play club soccer. Also my father was jailed numerous times by IR yet I wouldn't even think twice about representing TM.
          So are Dejagah and Gucci bi sharaf?
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
            Do you think Zidane would have become this well known if he played for Algeria? Also Ozil if playing for Turkey?
            Do you know Rabah Madjer and Hakan Sukur?
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post
              I would just make a wise footballing decisions. Any footballer would love to follow a path of champions and leave a legacy behind. If I had to choose between two countries such as Canada and Iran, well without the shadow of doubt I would choose Iran. But If it was between a footballing powerhouse country such as Germany, Netherlands, Spain, France.... I would choose one of those country obviously because my chances of winning something or playing with world class footballers are much higher. People tend to forget Dejagah choose to play for Germany at first but once he realized his chances are low to get into the senior squad and he didn't getting called up, he decided to play for Iran instead. I remember to this day everybody on his forum hated his ass just because of his decision. There are so many other examples such as Podolski, Ozil, El Sharawy... So its not about being a traitor and turning your back against your country, its about leaving a legacy behind. I am not saying with Iran you will not leave a legacy behind but your footballing careers passes by very fast. Imagine missing out playing on the world biggest stage.
              You are wrong. It's exactly about being a traitor. Just look at the general opinion regarding Agassi or Eskandarian who have done exactly what you describe.

Comment

IF i wanted to be famous in the world Football a would choose Sweden but i dont give a Fak about that. i would help my team and make my pepole be happy. And i would choose iranian fans before Swedish shit fans. All they can shout is ni på andra sidan är ni klara. Haha.
                TEAM MELLI IRAN - PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                  If you were in a position as a young player who was performing well enough for their club that both their country of residence and Iran national team were requesting your services, who would you choose.

Now before you say "Faghat Iran", think of some of the problems that could occur.

You have the IFF which provide inadequate kits, camps, accomodation, travel etc. You have Iranian media which might scrutinise you wearing shorts in a pic you posted on media. You have mullahs who advise you to close your eyes when half naked women are around. You have the disciplinary committee not happy with your tattoo that says "you are above tehm" etc.

Can you honestly tell me would you stand this shit?

Which national team would you represent?
                  It depends on the country that I am living in. If I live in UAE, Turkey, India, Malaysia or even S.Korea then I may consider playing for Iran only if Iran is run by a secular democracy if not then never. If I live in Germany, Argentine, France, UK, or Brazil then I would play for my country of residence. Only if my father asks me to play for NT I will accept no matter what.

Comment

i will only play for iran, would be a honour and privilege which many younger player take lightly

Comment

Even if I only featured for one match, played 45 mins then subbed off I would still choose Team Melli.

Comment

I want to play for Iran because I feel the excitement for the team whenever I watch their games. I want to put smiles on the faces of Iranian kids. Regardless of government, I want to be able to take my jersey off after a goal and have a shirt that says " For Iranians everywhere" after a WC goal.

I don't feel that same excitement wearing the stars and stripes even if I do wish the team well and root for them.

Comment

Iran of course, I wouldn't even need to think.

Just the idea of playing under someone like CQ, playing for such beautiful people and such a beautiful nation is the best dream I could have. In front of 10k, 20k, 30k, 40k, 80k... it doesn't matter. Wearing that shirt is a privilege and one of the best things CQ instilled in the team is not taking it for granted. No chesh sefid poroos allowed

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                            I want to be able to take my jersey off after a goal and have a shirt that says " For Iranians everywhere" after a WC goal.
                            Same for me, except that my shirt would say 'Ya Zahra'.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                              You basically saying that you won't choose a country out of love, but rather out of what benefits you the most.
                              Its exactly what I am saying. I will be damn selfish as well because at the end of the day I was the one who made the effort to become a footballer and not you. Despite the love I have for Iran and proud to be Persian, our people are always too negative towards each other and constantly criticizing other people's success. If Dejagah would've made the senior team for Germany, I would've been just as happy for him because at the end of the day I would've proudly say he is a Persian playing for Germany.
                              Being a footballer is every kid's dream so representing my country Iran would be the ultimate dream. But then again I would've been just as happy representing the country took me and my family as a citizen and gave us a second home.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
                                Do you think Zidane would have become this well known if he played for Algeria? Also Ozil if playing for Turkey? The reality is when representing certain countries you will be exposed more because media finds them more interesting.
                                To be fair, that statement is irrelevant because Zidane did choose Algeria but then the coach denied because he felt he was too young and was not fast enough.
                                But it seems to me it turned out even better for him.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X