No announcement yet.

Would you play for Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a complicated question, there are people who look football wise and there are people who look political wise.i would play for iran, cause i love to play football for iran, while another person for thier own reason might choose not to. it depends on the person mentality and thinking

Comment

In a heartbeat. Of course, I'm stateside so there would be the chance I get boxed out like Beitashour due to distance. Wearing that jersey, scoring on Irans rivals, taking us to glory would be amazing.

If I played for USA, I wouldnt have to deal with scrutiny on who I date, take pictures with, coaches like Mayeli Kodan, religious showmanship etc.

It balances out but the desire to wear the Iran jersey is more

Comment

without a doubt, would be a dream come true. Would not hesitate.
        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I don't feel patriotic about America.

Especially with what they have done and still do against middle eastern people.

I was also raised Iranian and i feel maybe like 70% Iranian and 30% American.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

this thread should be closed, as this cannot be a serious Q on a PERSIAN football forum
            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

I'm a naturalized citizen so I could play for Japan if I wanted to given the choice, but I would still choose to play for Iran. I would have to give up my Japanese citizenship and would lose a lot of the benefits that come with it but to me it would be worth it if I could wear the colors of Iran. Because nothing compares.
              Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Those who don't want to play for Iran citing political reasons.. I say good riddance!

Those who want to play for Team Mellie and represent Iran and its rich history should be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                  this is a complicated question, there are people who look football wise and there are people who look political wise.i would play for iran, cause i love to play football for iran, while another person for thier own reason might choose not to. it depends on the person mentality and thinking
                  Yes, such as players wearing qatari jerseys.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                    I'm actually not certain if I would play for Iran if I was some world class youngster (say like Mbappe).

The decisions is because of the non-footballing reasons associated with playing for Iran.

Say I wanted to use my position of power, and smash a new 10/10 stunner every other weekend. This will of course be all over the my instagram for everyone to see .

But there would be a massive uproar in Iran if a TM player did that.
                    Here we are, all willing to cut off our doodools for TM and you're saying that yours is more important than TM?......you're officially out of place my friend
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                      Here we are, all willing to cut off our doodools for TM and you're saying that yours is more important than TM?......you're officially out of place my friend
                      Look if I was just some above-average player , I would definitely shambool for TM.

But what I'm saying is, I'm a Cristiano Ronaldo level player. Any thing I do would be written extensively in the media.

Whether that might be drinking alcohol, taking pictures with girls wearing revealing clothes, getting tattoos on every inch of my body etc.

It's all Faghat TM, until you find out you can't do half the things your teammates do on a daily basis.

Comment

Look if I was just some above-average player , I would definitely shambool for TM.

But what I'm saying is, I'm a Cristiano Ronaldo level player. Any thing I do would be written extensively in the media.

Whether that might be drinking alcohol, taking pictures with girls wearing revealing clothes, getting tattoos on every inch of my body etc.

It's all Faghat TM, until you find out you can't do half the things your teammates do on a daily basis.
                        You're assuming every TM player in the past 38 years is squeaky clean.
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

ALL of YOU are great people.

Unfortunately, MANY Iranians want to be doctor and mohandes.

You can serve Iran and its rich culture and heritage in any position that you are in. In my view, all positions are important and all help should be welcomed.
                          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Would you play for Iran?

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                            You're assuming every TM player in the past 38 years is squeaky clean.
                            And so the reason they have gotten away with their shady behaviours is because they were mostly a nobody in world football.

But if I'm the greatest player on earth, every step I make will be in the media for the masses to see. That's why it'll be harder for a 'once in a generation' footballer like me to play for Team Melli without getting in a lot of trouble.

Comment

And so the reason they have gotten away with their shady behaviours is because they were mostly a nobody in world football.

But if I'm the greatest player on earth, every step I make will be in the media for the masses to see. That's why it'll be harder for a 'once in a generation' footballer like me to play for Team Melli without getting in a lot of trouble.
                              You underestimate Iran's tabloids.

If your reason for not playing for Iran is to be able to freely do gherti bazi then your feelings for Iran aren't that strong to begin with.

Comment

Iran ofcourse but I hope they pay me good! And I want my salary in Euro.

Comment

Working...
                                X