Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zandi finishes his career

https://instagram.com/p/9tFDyvyXwv/?taken-by=ferydondo

i think the time has come to announce my retirement from football, the hardest decision of my life...After a long and hard time recovering from my injury, i have decided to step aside from the sport which i love so much and dedicated my life to.
    I wanna thank my family,friends,team mates, clubs and fans for supporting me during all these years. Good or bad moments, i don't regret any single one. I am thankful that i could enjoy this sport for so many years on top level.
    For those fans who were waiting for a comeback from me, i have to say sorry ,i was ready and i tried my best but there is a reason behind this decision.
    Finally i wanna give a special thanks to my wife, who supported me so much specialy after my injury. Love you.
    Its always hard to say goodbye but i will be back ...

Thanks for everything and good luck for your future, Ferry

He will be missef. It's a shame the arabs intentionally injured him.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

A modern TM star. Goodbye, Freydoun. Would love to see him coach Esteghlal one day.

Comment

Thank you Fereidoun for all the hard work for TM. One of the rare Iranian players who played simple football without extra touches and without going into our nerves!

Comment

great servenant of iran, i hope he go germany get his coaching there

Comment

Possibly one of the most underrated players we ever had. What a high footballing IQ. He will be missed.
            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
            We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

One of the most unique, classy and gifted players to have ever play in TM and Iranian football all together. It's heartbreaking how his football career ended, that brutal injury from 2 years ago, was absolutely gruesome to watch on a video, let alone being a Fereydoun Zandi to feel the pain at the time of the incident, and then being deprived of playing as result and now ultimately retiring.

We love you Fereydoun!

Comment

He has a bright future in coaching if he chooses. His football IQ and his passion for the sport will take him far, I hope.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rezabmehr View Post
                  He has a bright future in coaching if he chooses. His football IQ and his passion for the sport will take him far, I hope.
                  I truly hope he becomes a coach. With that mindset, IQ & class he could be real successful!

Comment

Sad to see him retire.

Everytime I think of him, I am reminded of this beauty he scored back in 2007.

Comment

Very sad. It would've been surprising to see him come back after that horrific injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
                        Possibly one of the most underrated players we ever had. What a high footballing IQ. He will be missed.
                        Was going to say the same thing. He knew how to play one-touch football, had good ball control and an amazing shot. Amazing attitude as well, one of my favorite players Thanks Zandi!
                        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

very sad career.
                          Zandi was once the number 10 and playmaker at Kaiserlautern, and as soon as he joined TM, all of the sudden they dropped him from the fixed squad and then he joined IPL teams and his career went down...

He was always sympathetic player. He will be missed.
                          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

A polite and fair player. He came to Iran with lots of fanfare and left it without any fanfare.

I remember he was one of the better players with Kaleh ghoee was the coach playing against Mexico. I never understood WHY Iran travelled so far to play with Mexico's national team (due to distance and time change, visa, etc.)

We should have a national insurance to support Iranian players. IFF is hopeless.
                            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
                              true...
                              but he was slow as turtle though...!! lol
                              ps
                              what injury is he talking about ? that nasty shittt that happened in Gutter a year or 2 ago..?? i thought he retired long time ago..?

i always remember him by his funny farsy upon joining TM..!! during interview with an iranian media mikhaast bege "aragh kardim" goft aragh khordim..!! lmao

love the dude though, he was such a likable character with lovely personality..!!

Comment

Working...
                              X