We really deserve a rematch

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We really deserve a rematch

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks

Meet your Persian Love Today
    We were an equal if not better team on that day.
    Can't believe this is already 1+ years ago.
    USA palyed a rematch against us after 98. Mexico played a friendly against us after WC 2006 but it seems like Argentina is trying it's best to avoid us.
    The only difference on that day was Messi and they know it.
    Argentina FA needs to put politics aside and offer a rematch in Argentina on their expenses.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Ocean For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,714 Times in 1,555 Posts
    I think the reason we got that Chile friendly was because we gave their neighbours a hard time.

Just my thought.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bessos For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,719 Times in 866 Posts
    Could you please explain why Argentina is trying their best to avoid us? I am not aware of any requests from IFF for a friendly match against Argentina.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mahestan For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mahestan View Post
    Could you please explain why Argentina is trying their best to avoid us? I am not aware of any requests from IFF for a friendly match against Argentina.
    IFF is not in a postion to pay $2 Million dollars fee for a friendly against Argentina, that's why they don't request.
    On the other hand it would be no Problem for Argentina to invite us to their country for a friendly (much cheaper).
    There are multiple reasons why they are avoiding us, number one is of course the political climate between the two countries (which should not play any part in football but obviously does when it comes to Iran).
    Number two is they really struggled against our team and they fear humiliation against a 'small' team like Iran.
    I've talked to a bunch of Gauchos and it is as if our World Cup game against them never happened, they fail to acknowledge that we were on par with them on that day.

Forum Staff

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,914 Times in 4,181 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Ocean View Post
    I've talked to a bunch of Gauchos and it is as if our World Cup game against them never happened, they fail to acknowledge that we were on par with them on that day.
    FO jaan,

Let's be fair, for them it's just as hard to digest and succumb to the fact that we drew Turkmenistan!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Keano For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 731 Posts
    Bessos is absolutely right. We owe the Chile friendly thanks to our performance against Argentina.

Argentina is one of the super powers that we match well against. We gave them one hell of a time in 77 where the game ended in a tie, and we gave them another hell this time, where it took the magic of Messi as well as the help from the Referee for them to win.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damavand For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 1,346 Posts

Ohh... I still remember that Shot Ashkan took. I was thinking 'it's going in' the whole time.

But Romero pulled some fluky fingertip save out of his ass

This always happens with Iran in the Important games. The opposition's goalkeeper becomes immortal.

For Fuck sakes, Romero couldn't get game time at Sampdoria, but against Iran he somehow became the genetic mutation of Peter Schmeichel and Oliver Khan.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to littlepersia17 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Sponsor
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,442 Times in 1,827 Posts
    ^ genetic mutation
    IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ali.Karimi79 For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    I still get the goosebumps when I watch this match.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 50Toman For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,901 Times in 3,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
    ^ genetic mutation
    Or perhaps ''love child'' would be more appropriate?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Doctor DOOM For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.