Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was Iran's best central defender of the past 35 years??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only BOO BOO that I can remember Hosseini ever made in TM, was the Bosnia game at the WC. So I would pick him.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
      these two mistakes unfortunately tarnished his reputation. the tackle in dublin...oh lord. if rezaei hadn't made that idiotic tackle we would ahve been in WC2002.
      Man I had nightmares about that stupid tackle. What made it worse is that McCeteer was in no position of causing any threat on our goal. That foul for sure cost us the WC.

Comment

Ostad Asadi.

Comment

lol that is stupid vote poll.
          That poll included some players never or less played Cd ,like Pashahzadeh and also Rahman Rezaei .

Where is Hadi Aghily????????

Nader Mohammadkhani was the best iranian cental defender .
          Strong ,iron body, scarelees, great fighting mentality.
          Strong in air batteles, with good passing skills.
          Not comparable with the others in the poll.

Most of memebers here did just voted for Rezaei becouse he played in Europe.
          Last edited by tufun; 10-16-2015, 04:50 AM.

Comment

To be fair I voted for Rezaei among the ones I knew, I'm too young to have seen some of the names on the list play.

Comment

Originally posted by tufun View Post
              lol that is stupid vote poll.
              That poll included some players never or less played Cd ,like Pashahzadeh and also Rahman Rezaei .

Where is Hadi Aghily????????

Nader Mohammadkhani was the best iranian cental defender .
              Strong ,irion body, scarelees, graet fighting mentality.
              Strong in air batteles with good passing skills. Not comparable with the others in the poll.

Most of memebers here did just voted for Rezaei becouse he played in Europe.
              If you had spend time reading my post I said I just repeated the poll in 90 program this week. If it was my own poll I would have included 20 options and from the whole history of our football.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                If you had spend time reading my post I said I just repeated the poll in 90 program this week. If it was my own poll I would have included 20 options and from the whole history of our football.

Ok im Sory,
                then its stupid poll by 90.

Comment

LOL! this poll just shows the average age of people in this board. Rezaei wins it, never mind ....

Panjali as it was voted in Navad is by far best Iran defender in last 35 years or more maybe, the guy was joy to watch, solid like rock, he had good first pass, his positioning was excellent, he was a great leader, he was named in Asian team several times. This guy could easy play in europe if timing was right.

After him there are two other guys that come to my mind in level of consistency, Yahya Golmohammadi and Nader Mohammadkhani, both very solid, Yahya was better because like Panjali he was a decent passer and could and did as well played as defensive midfielder.

Other than that guys like Pashazadeh, Hosseini were/are solid as well.

I am not big fan of Rahman i think the reason he made to europe was his physical and aggressive style of playing other than that his positioning and over all football IQ wasn't as good as guys like Panjali, Yahya and Pashazadeh or even Hosseini..

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                    as far as TM performances it has to be pashazadeh.
                    I think he deserves a lot of credit for a WC performance with only 3 open-play goals in 270 minutes of play (the lowest in any WC for any Iranian central defender), two of them scored by Klinsman and Bierhoff, neither of which I would consider him at fault for. He may have been at fault on the US goal though.

At any rate, for a defense playing under the direction of a high school coach, I think that was quite an accomplishment.

Comment

Working...
                    X