Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TM Captain to Miss Asian Futsal Cup

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-country.html

An Iranian woman football player, known as Lady Goal, has reportedly been banned from attending an international tournament by her husband.

Niloufar Ardalan, 30, will not travel with her teammates to the Asian Football Federation Women's Futsal Championship because her husband is said to be refusing to let her leave the country.

Under Islamic law, the married Iranian captain requires permission from her husband, sports journalist Mehdi Toutounchi, to get her passport renewed.

He has reportedly refused, because he wants his wife to be at home for their seven-year-old son's first day at school, according to Fox News.

'My husband didn't give me my passport so that I can (take part) in the games, and because of his opposition to my travel abroad, I [will] miss the matches.' Ardalan told Nasimonline.

'I wish authorities would create (a solution) that would allow female athletes to defend their rights in such situations.

Ardalan had been due to travel with the team to Nilali in Malaysia for the six day competition, which starts on Monday.

It was claimed she had participated in weeks of training ahead of the tournament and is now calling for sportswomen to be exempt from the law.

'As a Muslim woman, I wanted to work for my country's flag to be raised (at the games), rather than traveling for leisure and fun,' she reportedly added.

The dispute was said to have sparked a debate in Iran, with many describing it as a family issue, which they claimed should have been kept private.

Mr Toutounchi was said not to have responded publicly to his wife's comments, according to Iranian media

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

We had woman war generals thousands of years ago, and now this. Sometimes all you can do is beat your head.
    Last edited by EZLN; 09-17-2015, 08:35 AM.

Comment

there should be more pressure, the best way is to not give the husband any visa to any country and dont let him enter any country, then he will learn his lesson

Comment

The two threads should be merged:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...DA-o-SIMA-hast
        راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

The funniest thing is that international media covers such news more than Iranian ones

http://www.sport1.de/internationaler...eisterschaften
          Hit German media aswell

Comment

Wrong title, it is football, not futsal.

There should be one thread. I will post my comment again:

How many people can work for Seda-wa-Sima?
            Not many, only a select few.
            Mrs. Ardalan knew who she was marrying and should have asked for a prenuptial agreement which included permission to travel.

Using an American expression: She cannot have her cake and eat too.
            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
              Wrong title, it is football, not futsal.

There should be one thread. I will post my comment again:

How many people can work for Seda-wa-Sima?
              Not many, only a select few.
              Mrs. Ardalan knew who she was marrying and should have asked for a prenuptial agreement which included permission to travel.

Using an American expression: She cannot have her cake and eat too.
              There are multiple wrong things about your post.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

It's utterly disappointing to read news like this. Is there a solution?
                sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                  It's utterly disappointing to read news like this. Is there a solution?
                  Yes. This:

Comment

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...-10508093.html

A hashtag is being used to highlight the restrictions facing many women who live in Iran, after a female footballer’s story made international headlines.

Niloufar Ardalan captains Iran’s women’s national football team, but she will not be able to lead her teammates in a tournament next week.

Her name appeared in newspapers across the world after it was reported she would be unable to join her teammates travelling to Malaysia because her husband, Mahdi Toutounchi, would not sign papers allowing her to leave.

Mr Toutounchi is a sports journalist who reportedly refused to allow her to travel because he wanted her to be present for their young son’s first day at school on 23 September.

This date clashed with the Asian Football Confederation Futsal Championship, which takes place between 21 September and 26 September.

Married women in Iran are required to have their husband’s signatures in order to renew their passports, unless they specifically agree to lose this power in marriage contracts.

Iran’s discriminatory laws mean this happens to women every day and Ardalan’s case was reported internationally after she spoke to the Nasim Online news agency.

Women are responding to Ardalan's story by sharing the hashtag #WeAreAllNiloufarArdalan to show solidarity with those restricted by these laws.

She told The Independent that a woman not being allowed to leave the country without her husband’s permission is a human rights issue that needs to be urgently addressed.

“The truth is that it is happening to all women for decades but because this time a well known women exposed it and complained about it many women joined her,” said Ms Alinejad.

“It is horrific that all of the women in Iran are suffering but because they are not as known as Nilofar the world and the media keep silent.

“It is beyond sad when a man must decide what a woman does; it is a human rights violation. What gives one human being the right to have this power over another? It belongs in the dark ages."

Comment

Hear lies an answer:
                      "Married women in Iran are required to have their husband’s signatures in order to renew their passports, unless they specifically agree to lose this power in marriage contracts."

Comment

Hear lies an answer:
                        "Married women in Iran are required to have their husband’s signatures in order to renew their passports, unless they specifically agree to lose this power in marriage contracts."
                        I have the same kind of contract with my slaves. They constantly complain that it's inhumane but I just tell them to shut up.

Comment

LOL it seems like someone's made a complete 180:

Women should participate in sports for the sake of health and pride for their own country.

There are more women in Iran than men. Women must unite and demand changes to religious zealots to stop interfering in sports.

FIFA must do something to separate religion from sport(s). Oh well, FIFA is corrupt itself.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                            I have the same kind of contract with my slaves. They constantly complain that it's inhumane but I just tell them to shut up.
                            You are mixing issues up. You are being silly by comparing the issue with slaves. Moreover, you do not know how slaves were treated where you live.

There are married Iranian women (both inside and outside of Iran) who have in their marriage contracts written that they can travel wherever without their husbands' approval. How hard is to understand this?

I will use a statement from Setareh Farman-farmaian who was the first Iranian woman to arrive in the USA. When she was asked whether Iran was men dominated or women dominated society (mard salar vs. zan salar), she stated: Iran was a country of zan-salar (date statement made 1986 in the USA at USC). For mard-salar she used Japan and China as examples.

Another issue was that Mrs. Ardalan married to someone who worked in a position that many Iranians cannot get his job. One must have connection(s) to work for Seda wa Sima. No one is questioning why she did not adopt her husband’s last name?? She is using her own last name, so it was/is her choice.

The main issue relates to families and their values in Iran. Some people including my family treat male and female equally in heritance.

Hopefully the whole issue will raise awareness to treat each other fairly regardless of age, sex, religion, etc.

Comment

You are mixing issues up. You are being silly by comparing the issue with slaves. Moreover, you do not know how slaves were treated where you live.

There are married Iranian women (both inside and outside of Iran) who have in their marriage contracts written that they can travel wherever without their husbands' approval. How hard is to understand this?

I will use a statement from Setareh Farman-farmaian who was the first Iranian woman to arrive in the USA. When she was asked whether Iran was men dominated or women dominated society (mard salar vs. zan salar), she stated: Iran was a country of zan-salar (date statement made 1986 in the USA at USC). For mard-salar she used Japan and China as examples.

Another issue was that Mrs. Ardalan married to someone who worked in a position that many Iranians cannot get his job. One must have connection(s) to work for Seda wa Sima. No one is questioning why she did not adopt her husband’s last name?? She is using her own last name, so it was/is her choice.

The main issue relates to families and their values in Iran. Some people including my family treat male and female equally in heritance.

Hopefully the whole issue will raise awareness to treat each other fairly regardless of age, sex, religion, etc.
                              I don't know why you wrote all that when you have no idea how I treat my slaves. How hard is it to understand that my slaves need my permission to travel?

Comment

Working...
                              X