TM Captain to Miss Asian Futsal Cup

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TM Captain to Miss Asian Futsal Cup

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,953 Times in 6,259 Posts

TM Captain to Miss Asian Futsal Cup

Meet your Persian Love Today
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

An Iranian woman football player, known as Lady Goal, has reportedly been banned from attending an international tournament by her husband.

Niloufar Ardalan, 30, will not travel with her teammates to the Asian Football Federation Women's Futsal Championship because her husband is said to be refusing to let her leave the country.

Under Islamic law, the married Iranian captain requires permission from her husband, sports journalist Mehdi Toutounchi, to get her passport renewed.

He has reportedly refused, because he wants his wife to be at home for their seven-year-old son's first day at school, according to Fox News.

'My husband didn't give me my passport so that I can (take part) in the games, and because of his opposition to my travel abroad, I [will] miss the matches.' Ardalan told Nasimonline.

'I wish authorities would create (a solution) that would allow female athletes to defend their rights in such situations.

Ardalan had been due to travel with the team to Nilali in Malaysia for the six day competition, which starts on Monday.

It was claimed she had participated in weeks of training ahead of the tournament and is now calling for sportswomen to be exempt from the law.

'As a Muslim woman, I wanted to work for my country's flag to be raised (at the games), rather than traveling for leisure and fun,' she reportedly added.

The dispute was said to have sparked a debate in Iran, with many describing it as a family issue, which they claimed should have been kept private.

Mr Toutounchi was said not to have responded publicly to his wife's comments, according to Iranian media

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 716 Posts
    We had woman war generals thousands of years ago, and now this. Sometimes all you can do is beat your head.
    Last edited by EZLN; 09-17-2015 at 08:35 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EZLN For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,217 Times in 1,862 Posts
    there should be more pressure, the best way is to not give the husband any visa to any country and dont let him enter any country, then he will learn his lesson

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ehsan singapore For This Useful Post:

News Editor
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 8,644 Times in 4,051 Posts
    The two threads should be merged:

راه یکی است و آن راستی است

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,860 Times in 5,173 Posts
    The funniest thing is that international media covers such news more than Iranian ones

Hit German media aswell

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 878 Posts
    Wrong title, it is football, not futsal.

There should be one thread. I will post my comment again:

How many people can work for Seda-wa-Sima?
    Not many, only a select few.
    Mrs. Ardalan knew who she was marrying and should have asked for a prenuptial agreement which included permission to travel.

Using an American expression: She cannot have her cake and eat too.

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AIrani View Post
    Wrong title, it is football, not futsal.

There should be one thread. I will post my comment again:

How many people can work for Seda-wa-Sima?
    Not many, only a select few.
    Mrs. Ardalan knew who she was marrying and should have asked for a prenuptial agreement which included permission to travel.

Using an American expression: She cannot have her cake and eat too.
    There are multiple wrong things about your post.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 890 Posts
    It's utterly disappointing to read news like this. Is there a solution?

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    It's utterly disappointing to read news like this. Is there a solution?
    Yes. This:

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks

A hashtag is being used to highlight the restrictions facing many women who live in Iran, after a female footballer’s story made international headlines.

Niloufar Ardalan captains Iran’s women’s national football team, but she will not be able to lead her teammates in a tournament next week.

Her name appeared in newspapers across the world after it was reported she would be unable to join her teammates travelling to Malaysia because her husband, Mahdi Toutounchi, would not sign papers allowing her to leave.

Mr Toutounchi is a sports journalist who reportedly refused to allow her to travel because he wanted her to be present for their young son’s first day at school on 23 September.

This date clashed with the Asian Football Confederation Futsal Championship, which takes place between 21 September and 26 September.

Married women in Iran are required to have their husband’s signatures in order to renew their passports, unless they specifically agree to lose this power in marriage contracts.

Iran’s discriminatory laws mean this happens to women every day and Ardalan’s case was reported internationally after she spoke to the Nasim Online news agency.

Women are responding to Ardalan's story by sharing the hashtag #WeAreAllNiloufarArdalan to show solidarity with those restricted by these laws.

She told The Independent that a woman not being allowed to leave the country without her husband’s permission is a human rights issue that needs to be urgently addressed.

“The truth is that it is happening to all women for decades but because this time a well known women exposed it and complained about it many women joined her,” said Ms Alinejad.

“It is horrific that all of the women in Iran are suffering but because they are not as known as Nilofar the world and the media keep silent.

“It is beyond sad when a man must decide what a woman does; it is a human rights violation. What gives one human being the right to have this power over another? It belongs in the dark ages."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.