Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are our players choosing Qatar over other Arab national leagues these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
    It's not new. Back in the 1980s-Early 1990s so many of our footballers played in Qatar: Ghasempour, Barzegari, Changiz, Ghalenoei, Namjoo-Motlaq, Bayani brothers, Nasser Mohammadkhani, Hamid Derakhshan, Piyous, Ghayeghran, Kermani-Moghaddam and many others. In my opinion this is what lures Iranian footballers to Qatar:
    1. Money
    2. Peace of Mind (they're not chased by the Media like in Iran, UAE, Europe, etc)
    3. Proximity to Iran
    4. Out of all Persian Gulf's Arab countries Qatar together with Iraq and Oman have good relations with Iran, the rest are either enemies or have cold relations.

Downside to playing in Qatar league is that our footballers won't and are not able to improve themselves skill and strategy wise.

Hey in 1970s, early 1980s and 1990s, Kuwait and UAE were also popular destination for Iranian footballers.
    Who did play in Kuwait or UAE in 1970s?

Comment

I know that out of the 70's generation Hassan Rowshan played in UAE.

Comment

but why they never play or played for champion of these countries, they only play for mid table teams or team gets relegated...

Comment

Originally posted by CAGE View Post
          Mehdi shiri did not play in saudi league, none of our players did...
          i thik he signed but got a season ending injury if i recall right

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
            Who did play in Kuwait or UAE in 1970s?
            Mehdi Agarkhani played for Al-Salmiya (KUW) from 1972-1974.
            Hasan Nazari and Hasan Rowshan played for Al-Ahli (UAE) from 1978-1982.
            Hossein Faraki played for Al-Shaab (UAE) from 1979-1981.

In 1980, more players went to UAE such as Ebrahim Ghasempour, Abdolreza Barzegari.

Comment

Mehdi Agarkhani played for Al-Salmiya (KUW) from 1972-1974.
              Hasan Nazari and Hasan Rowshan played for Al-Ahli (UAE) from 1978-1982.
              Hossein Faraki played for Al-Shaab (UAE) from 1979-1981.

In 1980, more players went to UAE such as Ebrahim Ghasempour, Abdolreza Barzegari.
              Never heard of Agarkhani. Was he even a relevant Iranian football player? After 1978 revolution, it is reasonable for Iranians to play in those pesky leagues but not before that. Hasan Roshan was one of our legend. I know Kuwait national team was a good opponent even before the revolution.

1980s is not important for. But thank you for your respond.

Comment

One thing I hope Carlos Queiroz will do is banning players who join Arab leagues. Or perhaps when CQ has left in 2018, Mansourian will act accordingly.

My theory is that if we want to reach the Round of 16 in the next World Cup, none of our players should be playing their football in weak leagues like Qatar or UAE.

In most European countries, these players will no longer be invited and youngsters from domestic leagues are put in place. I hope we do this too.

Current form is what matters, and Dejagah has been sub-par since he joined Al-Arabi. I much rather prefer Jahanbakhsh on his position despite his lack in experience. He has a much brighter future and he is developing in The Netherlands, one of the best places to grow as a young footballer. Dejagah is enjoying life hitting the Burger King regularly, so..

I mean, doctors advice us not to eat Burger King at all and we are normal citizens, while Dejagah is a top athlete.

Comment

While I totally like the idea but with current BS situation in IPL that they are not getting paid and there are so much hashie and drama attached to it, I think there is no alternative for our average TM players or over 31 year old players. The rest should be advised to not join such teams. They should look up to K or J leagues that have quality players if they want to stay in Asia. PAG did against this pattern and join Tianjin Teda which was a better general idea but not a good club in particular. If he had joined a top flight Chinese team like Beijin Gouans or Evergrande, or in better case some good team in Japan or Korea, he could start a new door for the rest of our ambitious young players.

Now, I think our players who passed 30 are alright if they want to go to Arab league for money but not players like Dejagah, Pooladi, or Gucci. I think we should say farewell to Gucci after his serious injury in Champion league. He lost his respect in Qatar and got unfortunate at his come back to the top. His age and situation will make it hard for another solid come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluegrey13 View Post
                    but why they never play or played for champion of these countries, they only play for mid table teams or team gets relegated...
                    because the top teams can afford better players such as asamoah gyan and jorge valdivia.

years ago when UAE/Qatar were not spending so much in football, iranian players did play in their champion teams such as ali karimi in al ahli and javad nekounam in al wahda
                    Originally posted by siavasharian
                    ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                    بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                      Never heard of Agarkhani. Was he even a relevant Iranian football player? After 1978 revolution, it is reasonable for Iranians to play in those pesky leagues but not before that. Hasan Roshan was one of our legend. I know Kuwait national team was a good opponent even before the revolution.

1980s is not important for. But thank you for your respond.
                      Mehdi Asgarkhani was Team Melli's reserve Goalkeeper at the 1976 Asian Cup. In absence of Nasser Hejazi, the main goalkeeper was Mansour Rashidi. Iran has always produced top keepers so in the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s there was fierce competition for Number One spot. However Hejazi and Abedzadeh were head-and-shoulders above others so they usually were number 1.

In the 1970s other goalkeepers were Hadi Tavousi(number 1 place pre-Hejazi era), Bahram Maveddat, Rasoul Korbekandi, Hossein Raghfar.

Comment

Mehdi Asgarkhani was Team Melli's reserve Goalkeeper at the 1976 Asian Cup. In absence of Nasser Hejazi, the main goalkeeper was Mansour Rashidi. Iran has always produced top keepers so in the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s there was fierce competition for Number One spot. However Hejazi and Abedzadeh were head-and-shoulders above others so they usually were number 1.

In the 1970s other goalkeepers were Hadi Tavousi(number 1 place pre-Hejazi era), Bahram Maveddat, Rasoul Korbekandi, Hossein Raghfar.
                        Didn't know Mr. Korbekandi was a goal keeper! I think hee was Zob Ahan and Sepahan coach for a while

Comment

Working...
                        X