No announcement yet.

Iranians in Europe (without threads)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't implying that they should be playing for TM, I was just saying I found some, hence my caps locked "LOL"

Comment

Just a fun tid bit:

A random dude named Arsalan Ashtari (1993) scored for his 3rd tier team Enskede in Stockholm today.
      Funny thing is that it seems he was invited to the Azeri U19 team like 5 years ago..

Comment

Brwa Nouri will play for Iraq. Apparently, he has said that, as a Kurd, it is an honour to play for Iraq.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soorakhian View Post
          Brwa Nouri will play for Iraq. Apparently, he has said that, as a Kurd, it is an honour to play for Iraq.
          Lol. That sounds very odd for an Iraqi Kurd to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            Lol. That sounds very odd for an Iraqi Kurd to say.
            Isn't he an Iranian Kurd? If not, why the hell is he mentioned every now and then on this site?
            sigpic

Comment

Source?

Comment

as a Kurd, it is an honour to play for Iraq.
                Said no one ever...

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
                  Source?
                  Here is a Swedish source:

http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsve...m-kvalmatcher/

It says that he has been included in the squad for Iraq's upcoming WCQ matches. I haven't double checked, but I assume that it is true given that it is a reliable source.
                  sigpic

Comment

Here is a Swedish source:

http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsve...m-kvalmatcher/

It says that he has been included in the squad for Iraq's upcoming WCQ matches. I haven't double checked, but I assume that it is true given that it is a reliable source.
                    Thx! Yeah, pretty legit outlet.

Comment

Isn't he an Iranian Kurd? If not, why the hell is he mentioned every now and then on this site?
                      Kurds have usually several passports. I know few Iranian kurds who were born in Iran and had both Iraqi and Iranian passports. Also, I knew an Iraqi Kurd from Suleymanieh who preferred Iran over Iraq and addressed himself as Iranian. Kurdistan is divided between Iran-Iraq-Turkey-Syria so many Kurds have a combination of nationality of those 4 countries. The combination is usually from two countries (Iran-Iraq, Turkey-Syria, Iraq-Turkey,...). Add to this the nationality of those who move to the west to get things more complex. It is to facilitate their movement across the region and to have a safe haven in case of political trouble in one of the two countries.

This gives them the opportunity to switch nationality whenever they want but according to fifa only one and most international laws only two major nationalities are recognized at the same time not more.

A more clear example is that a Kurd who has both Iranian and Iraqi passports, immigrates to a country like Germany or Sweden. After obtaining the citizenship in his/her host country he/she will have 3 passports! So he/she can decide which country to represent for

1. Germany
                      2. Iran
                      3. Iraq

In case of Brwa, he can represent Sweden, Iran or Iraq. Since his chances to represent the first two countries were slim, he took his chance to be in Iraqi team. This does not make him Iraqi from now on but he won't be able to represent Iran anymore. He was born in Uromia and depends on his family's origin he might be an Iranian Kurd. Gucci is also dual citizen and playing for Iran doesn't make him less Dutch because he didn't have the chance to play for Holland.

Anyway, let's move on. He won't be eligible to play for Iran any longer, but you can still enjoy his matches in Swedish league. Please don't hate him for choosing Iraq (Aria Jasuro Hasegawa decided to not represent Iran despite being half Iranian and we should respect their opinion he is still Iranian), he probably had zero chance representing Iran with his age and quality. Saman Ghoddos has better quality and he is younger.

Comment

If Brwa Nouri is an Iranian Kurd who has an Iraqi passport and chooses to play for Iraq, he is one dumb son of a *****.

The Iraqi Football Federation must have persuaded him to play for them instead.

But really, if he is Iranian he is a bi-gheyrat. I'm hoping he's an Iraqi Kurd.

Comment

Love how FIFA 17 has listed Brwa Nouri as Iranian lol

Comment

Hes 29 anyway. Who cares. He has one WC cycle left in him if that. Probably a scrub.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                              Love how FIFA 17 has listed Brwa Nouri as Iranian lol
                              Wow.. So he is Iranian.

Khak bar saresh vaghean.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
                                Wow.. So he is Iranian.

Khak bar saresh vaghean.
                                Like why would he even want to play for Iraq? What can you hope to achieve there?

Comment

Working...
                                X