Get to know our opponents in the upcoming Qualifiers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 82 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Get to know our opponents in the upcoming Qualifiers

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,091 Times in 2,776 Posts

Get to know our opponents in the upcoming Qualifiers

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Sorry to make a new thread for this but I thought it would get lost in the TM thread and I dont want to clutter that thread even more. For those unfamiliar with these nations and want to see them in action, I've compiled a few videos of full length matches that are fairly recent. I couldn't find anything with Guam and being last seed, I feel that we should pick up the 6 points without too many obstacles. It is likely that the other teams will not have friendlies before their first games on June 11th so I hope that our TM staff will use these videos/match footage and not just assume that we will coast through them(like the mistake we made versus Lebanon last cycle)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to perspolis#1 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,518 Times in 1,131 Posts
    No challenge!!! next!......

4. The Following User Says Thank You to eerooni For This Useful Post:

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by perspolis#1 View Post

Oh man the conditions of the Indian turf are horrible! How the hell is TM going to play on such a shit ground? Hopefully they can restore the conditions of the turf before the WCQs.

Thanks
    For all the latest sports news across AFL, NRL, football, cricket, tennis, soccer and other Australian and international sports you can visit sports news australia. Australia is well known for its rich sports culture. The most popular sports in Australia are Football, Cricket, golf and rugby.

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    It's true in football anything can happen and upsets do happen but it wont be the case with these teams. Only real test will be Oman and Afghanistan will obviously play their hearts out against us but not enough to cause an upset. We can use our young upcoming players for most matches and let them gain some international experience IMO.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 9,744 Times in 2,822 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mir Javad View Post
    Oh man the conditions of the Indian turf are horrible! How the hell is TM going to play on such a shit ground? Hopefully they can restore the conditions of the turf before the WCQs.
    The video Nepal vs. India Persepolis#1 posted was played at a Nepalese stadium.

India has a few decent large capacity stadiums, they hosted Bayern Munich in Oliver Kahns farewell match at the Salt Lake Stadium:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

They have invested in football facilities in recent years, especially as this year was the inauguration of the India Super League in order to increase the sports popularity with many big investors.

In any case, I would consider Oman the only major threat in the group. However we should not underestimate any of our opponents. Just like previous qualiying for Brazil, many expected us to destroy Maldives, in the end we only beat them 4-0 in Azadi and 1-0 in Maldives.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aenima_8 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,569 Times in 8,714 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArminSh View Post
    It's true in football anything can happen and upsets do happen but it wont be the case with these teams. Only real test will be Oman and Afghanistan will obviously play their hearts out against us but not enough to cause an upset. We can use our young upcoming players for most matches and let them gain some international experience IMO.
    Afghanistan is not in our group dadash

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiarash For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,493 Times in 774 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by perspolis#1 View Post

I swear to god my local high school team would be able to beat these teams. I would be deeply disappointed if we even concede a single goal against any of these minnows.

Forum & News Staff
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,259 Times in 1,051 Posts
    I guess for India it will be the match of the year against us! And the stadium will be full!

And please don't forget Oman's Al-Habsi, although Oman isn't really a big deal in Asia, but Al-Habsi is really a good Asian goalkeeper with a lot of experience!

PFDC Top Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,548 Times in 2,088 Posts
    This is what the indian coach is saying about the draw

"Yesterday afternoon in Malaysia the draw for the 2018 World Cup in Russia took place as well as the first stage of the 2019 Asian Cup in the UAE. Sitting at home in Cyprus I waited to see the draw live and online and was joined by my wife and the 3 girls. Waiting for your team to be drawn is almost as exciting as seeing the other teams drawn in your group and well am really looking forward to the challenge.

Starting with team Meli Iran what can you say about this team they are one of the giants of Asian football consistent and full of quality all over the pitch. I have had the pleasure of going to Iran several times; the warmth of the people is what strikes you the most although I don’t think we will see this at the Azadi stadium !!"

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheBoss For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 82 1231151 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 37

You do not have permission to view the list of names.