Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.transfermarkt.us/adrian-...spieler/388304
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B2KK8f2Il9u/

Adrian Hajdari, right back for Rapid Vienna. He has been called up to Austria u19 a few times, and is also captain of Rapid's u19 team.
    19 y/o born in macedonia but has iranian father.
    speaks persian as well judging from instagram post. Quite a few nice free kicks there as well.
    One to keep an eye on.

credit to arya from GB for letting me know about him.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      https://www.transfermarkt.us/adrian-...spieler/388304
      https://www.instagram.com/p/B2KK8f2Il9u/

Adrian Hajdari, right back for Rapid Vienna. He has been called up to Austria u19 a few times, and is also captain of Rapid's u19 team.
      19 y/o born in macedonia but has iranian father.
      speaks persian as well judging from instagram post. Quite a few nice free kicks there as well.
      One to keep an eye on.

credit to arya from GB for letting me know about him.
      Did he ever play with rapid main team?

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        Did he ever play with rapid main team?

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
        no he has started the year captaining u19s and played all of their matches.

Comment

no he has started the year captaining u19s and played all of their matches.
          Is there not someone in Azadegan League to work as a temporary solution? I feel that league is under appreciated and under valued where there could truly be some good talent there! (not just for fullbacks)

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
            Is there not someone in Azadegan League to work as a temporary solution? I feel that league is under appreciated and under valued where there could truly be some good talent there! (not just for fullbacks)
            theres a reason its under appreciated. While there is definitely talent there the overall level, organization, etc is reminiscent of a local park. Quite a difference from being able to perform in a high pressure situation for TM.

For now the right backs are ramin, sadegh, voria. IF all goes well sadegh should comfortably take the starting spot, but he is having injury and consistency isseus so far in croatia.

Comment

Just an update on how Dennis Eckert is doing at Ingolstadt.

In his first game , a 3-2 loss at home to Hallescher he got a goal and an assist.

In his second game , a 2-1 loss against Bayern Munich reserves (including Sarpeet Singh and Alphonso Davies) he scored their only goal.

Good start for him , if he carries this on he will be in a higher league next season. Guessing at least a transfer to the 2nd Bundesliga.

Comment

today nadiem amiri received his first senior Germany national team call up. He is of afghan descent.

It made me wonder, with even the likes of Syria represented now in german national team setups through dahoud, why bar dejagah many years ago, and ghoddos more recently ( who was actualy never in swedish youth setups), we have so few european raised iranians playing at a higher level abroad. We have a very sizeable expat population there. Obviously the main reasons are that iranian parents push their children in direction of education rather than sport, also many are in more well off financial situations which doesnt typically produce many footballers. However, it is still strange how few europeans of iranian origin are represented in top flight clubs, youth teams, etc.

I feel like much of it also has to do with a lot of iranian youth abroad being more into poz dadan and trying to make money fast/ flaunt their parents wealth rather than do something demanding/productive themselves.

What are your guys thoughts?

Comment

today nadiem amiri received his first senior Germany national team call up. He is of afghan descent.

It made me wonder, with even the likes of Syria represented now in german national team setups through dahoud, why bar dejagah many years ago, and ghoddos more recently ( who was actualy never in swedish youth setups), we have so few european raised iranians playing at a higher level abroad. We have a very sizeable expat population there. Obviously the main reasons are that iranian parents push their children in direction of education rather than sport, also many are in more well off financial situations which doesnt typically produce many footballers. However, it is still strange how few europeans of iranian origin are represented in top flight clubs, youth teams, etc.

I feel like much of it also has to do with a lot of iranian youth abroad being more into poz dadan and trying to make money fast/ flaunt their parents wealth rather than do something demanding/productive themselves.

I think it is a socioeconomic thing. Many of the Maghrebi and middle eastern footballers come from low income families who let their children try to become succesful in football as the payoff would be huge. Most Iranians in Europe tend to be middle class if not well off, and don't see the need for these risks and push their children towards medicine, law, engineering, etc. We always have like 10-20 Iranians from Europe in European academies but that isn't high enough as maybe one or two will reach senior football. There are hundreds of Morrocans in just Holland alone in these academies, which is why you see the likes of Ziyech, Mazroui, etc

Comment

Most Iranian parents would balk at their children focusing on sports at that level. It would take away from their academics and the chance of success in sports is pretty low.

Comment

Iranians suck at parenting.
                      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                        Iranians suck at parenting.
                        Disagree. For the most part they do very well.

Comment

Interesting Fact: The Portuguese Cup yesterday involved teams of 6 Iranian Legionnaires: Mehdi Taremi (Rio Ave), Alireza Alipour (Barreiro), Mehrdad Mohammadi (Aves), Shahyan Khademi (Leca), Taha Zareei (AD Fafe), and Amir Abedzadeh (Maritimo).

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                            I think it is a socioeconomic thing. Many of the Maghrebi and middle eastern footballers come from low income families who let their children try to become succesful in football as the payoff would be huge. Most Iranians in Europe tend to be middle class if not well off, and don't see the need for these risks and push their children towards medicine, law, engineering, etc. We always have like 10-20 Iranians from Europe in European academies but that isn't high enough as maybe one or two will reach senior football. There are hundreds of Morrocans in just Holland alone in these academies, which is why you see the likes of Ziyech, Mazroui, etc
                            well, i dont agree with you , becouse there is also passion of football which are very huge in my country, look at the derby of casablanca for example,

Comment

Originally posted by marouane View Post
                              well, i dont agree with you , becouse there is also passion of football which are very huge in my country, look at the derby of casablanca for example,
                              Yes, what has this got to do with his post? Of course football is hugely popular in Morocco. That has nothing to do with the point he is making

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                                Yes, what has this got to do with his post? Of course football is hugely popular in Morocco. That has nothing to do with the point he is making
                                it has been so far i didn't comment in this forum, since word cup, i will see the derby of tehran this thurday.

Comment

Working...
                                X