No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ AZ Alkmaar | 2015 - 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is always a close call between Feyenoord, PSV, Ajax and another team to grab the top position. If AZ plays like the way they did last season, they will grab one of the top spots otherwise they stay in middle table.

http://www.azfanpage.nl/elftal-techn...stie-van-tijd/

Comment

Since I have way to much time on my hands this week, I'll do the full word by word translation of Ali's interview.

Q: Talk about your transfer to AZ and the situation that arose?

AJ: I thank god that I have signed with this team. For me it was very important to chose a good club in Europe and to chose the right European club for the second phase of my career in Europe. I want to continue my good performances in Europe and I am happy that I have chosen AZ.

Q: So you are happy?

AJ: 100% happy and I have moved to a club with a great history. Alkmaar is one of the big Dutch and European clubs who always maintains a high place finish in the league and always has a presence in European competitions.

Q: You have previously stated you would remain in Dutch football. Now you have come from Nijmegen to Alkmaar which has a much higher level and compete in Europa League. Did these facts affect your decision?

AJ: Yes, because I really wanted to experience playing in Europa or Champions League. I wanted this path to be continued with my development and to improve my work better and better. I had two great years at NEC and I wanted to improve day by day to get to this situation today. I am happy I chose Alkmaar, really happy. I want to be successful in this team and continue to improve.

Q: You had offers from England and Germany. What happened that you chose this club?

AJ: Yes, both me and the club had received these offers. At the end of the season, some teams spoke with my agent, but myself I said I wanted to stay in Holland and continue my work here. I thank god I had the patience and I have reached this situation at the end. I had some very tempting offers (Qatar???), but I did not listen to those so I could make the best choice.

Q: How did you make the best choice?

AJ: Those offers I received, I did not want in the heart. Maybe financially it was better than Alkmaar, but I listened to my heart and in the end I made the best choice. I was waiting to get close to the best offer, in the end I chose a team that I wanted.

Q: When will you start to train with AZ?

A: I have medical test tomorrow and after the results I will sign my contract. I will try and start training soon, but I cannot train with the team, because the players and the coaching staff are supposed to go to Turkey tomorrow. The first league game is against Ajax, I doubt I can play because I have not started training yet.

Q: After AZ what are your goals and what league do you want to play in?

A: The only thing I am thinking about is playing with AZ. This choice can be considered my second phase in European football, which I have reached this stage. I want to show myself in a good manner and have good performances like I did last season with NEC. I have to focus on my performance and than think about my future. Hopefully I can have a good start with AZ and I will examine everything else later.

Q: Do you think you can continue the same performances with NEC to AZ, and this time become the best player of the Eredivisie?

AJ: We shouldn't talk to much on this subject and I am thinking of more important things. I want to have good performances. But, in football anything is possible.

Q: You don't have injury problems?

AJ: Luckily I have passed that stage and I continue physiotherapy so no more problems arise. Hopefully I will start practice with AZ and if everything is good I will play.

Q: Of course, you have to return to Iran very quickly because in one month Team Melli will have its camp for WCQ.

AJ: We have to see what will happen. With out doubt international games are very important to me and I want to play well for Team Melli.

Q: Now that you are in a high club, your situation in Team Melli will improve as well?

AJ: In anyway I have come to a higher level of football. The training here is my higher level which can help me as well. I hope I can help Team Melli as well.

Q: Did you speak to Queiroz about your transfer to AZ?

AJ: I did not speak to Mr.Queiroz about AZ, but before I talked with him about what choice I should make and he gave me his opinion.

Q: What was his opinion?

AJ: He had a positive view of football in Holland and I think he will be happy with my decision. I hope I can be successful with this team.

Q: Alireza thank you.

Comment

Honestly, this transfer is bigger than Jahanbakhsh himself. Of course, I congratulate the guy 100%, but he has done something to change the name of Iranian football. I honestly thought it would be Sardar to do this, but it is Alireza.

After Dejagah and Gucci left for Arab oil $, Iran became known as "those players from Iran with a lot of passion who sadly gave up Europe for money."

With this Jahanbakhsh transfer, the only words on people's minds when it comes to Iranian football will be young up-and-coming talent. Hopefully this transfer will erase that view of Iranian players, and more Iranians will get a shot in the future in Europe. If Jahanbakhsh performs well, mark my words, next season, we will have more than a few youngsters transferring to Europe.

Congratulations to all, and I wish Jahanbakhsh the best. I'm sure he got a few good offers from Qatar Star League giants Al Turd, but he did well to make this positive career choice! I'm an AZ fan while JB is there, so go AZ!

Comment

Originally posted by arkm110
          Great news! He's pretty much guaranteed a starting spot right? Also are they still selling Aron Johansson or keeping him? It would be great if they kept him too
          Johansson wants to go to MLS, because he is an idiot. I also heard that Werder Bremen made an offer for Johansson... here is the article

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2546498/w...ron-johannsson

MLS won't even pay 3mil for him, cause his name isn't Frank Pirlo, or Steven Lampard or whatever.
          "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

anybody knows how much was the final agreed upon transfer fee was...?? Guessing less than 2mil asking ..!! 1.5?/

any in depth info about his new club, his likely playing positions, backups, and their realistic chances for upcoming season..?

Comment

Originally posted by Messy View Post
              Johansson wants to go to MLS, because he is an idiot. I also heard that Werder Bremen made an offer for Johansson... here is the article

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2546498/w...ron-johannsson

MLS won't even pay 3mil for him, cause his name isn't Frank Pirlo, or Steven Lampard or whatever.
              A lot of AZ's fans on reddit don't think he'll go. Many think that he is a smart player, and since he was injured much of last season, he didn't get to develop enough/show himself. A trip to Bundesliga may make him a smaller fish in a bigger pond, while staying at AZ would make him a big fish. If he develops one more year, on a strong team like AZ, alongside talent like Jahanbakhsh, he will have much better offers from better teams for more money next year.

Also, going to MLS for a western player is like going to Arabestan for Asian/African players. It's a major downgrade, even if for more $$$.

I think he will stay at AZ for one more season and then move to a bigger club for more money next year. I hope ARJ will do the same.

Comment

This is excellent news. It always makes me proud when an Iranian is able to do this, and it hasn't happened in a while. The Dutch know their football and Alireza will continue to get better, which is great for TM

CQ NEEDS to start Alireza for every TM game for now on. There is no one better at that position. He only has 1 goal for us, that is ridiculous. He also needs to pull our youth to the side and explain to them how Alireza is setting an example for them to get into Europe and succeed.

Our future is bright:
                "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

Originally posted by Messy View Post
                  This is excellent news. It always makes me proud when an Iranian is able to do this, and it hasn't happened in a while. The Dutch know their football and Alireza will continue to get better, which is great for TM

CQ NEEDS to start Alireza for every TM game for now on. There is no one better at that position. He only has 1 goal for us, that is ridiculous. He also needs to pull our youth to the side and explain to them how Alireza is setting an example for them to get into Europe and succeed.

Our future is bright:
                  i agree. I think CQ should just use Dejagah as a sub. Quieroz needs to make a statement to show that players in Arab leagues will not get to play as much. Azmoun over Gucci as well. We need to develop our youngsters so they have good international experience. This way it will also set an example for the other youngsters to get their asses in Europe

Comment

Dejagah can wave his starting place goodbye right now as we speak

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                      A lot of AZ's fans on reddit don't think he'll go. Many think that he is a smart player, and since he was injured much of last season, he didn't get to develop enough/show himself. A trip to Bundesliga may make him a smaller fish in a bigger pond, while staying at AZ would make him a big fish. If he develops one more year, on a strong team like AZ, alongside talent like Jahanbakhsh, he will have much better offers from better teams for more money next year.

Also, going to MLS for a western player is like going to Arabestan for Asian/African players. It's a major downgrade, even if for more $$$.

I think he will stay at AZ for one more season and then move to a bigger club for more money next year. I hope ARJ will do the same.

Agreed, he needs to stay at AZ. He is the USA's best striker. He needs to keep playing in the Netherlands.

Comment

Jahanbakhsh is a smart player. Great move.

NEC thread: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...egen-2014-2015

AZ Supporters forum: http://azfanpage.nl/forum/index.php

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

I'm really excited to see how well jahanbakhsh and Johansson can play together. Alireza now has a legitimately good striker to get even more assists. Hopefully Johansson stays at least another year

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            I still think Dejagah can start, but probably in Masoud's creative playmaker position. Despite going to Arabestan, Dejagah still has been decent in many games since his transfer, and he is a good enough player to maintain a position in TM.

I think the starting attack in the upcoming matches will be:

Jahanbakhsh-Dejagah-Amiri
                            -----------Azmoun-----------

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              Dejagha is still >>ARJ down either wings..!!
                              but with Ashkan's form keep dipping down more and more in that shitthole and his injury prone traits, there sure will be plenty of chances for ARJ to feature in TM matches..!!
                              btw
                              good news
                              https://www.az.nl/en/news/comfortabl...e/7?catid=1834

AZ Won their Europa game away comfortably so more chances for ARJ to feature in EU games coming up..!!

Comment

2 million euro transfer fee according to footballitarin

Comment

Working...
                                X