No announcement yet.

Legionnaires @ Persian Gulf Leagues | 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Al-Gharaffa keeper is Ghasem Borhan, the same guy who turns into Buffon when he plays against TM.

Comment

"Arabi skippper Ashkan Dejagah provided a goal and an assist for his side. Arabi opened the scoring in the 24th minute with a well worked quick corner from new signing Alan Souza found Dejagh, and his powerful shot found the back of the net after being palmed into the net by Gharafa keeper Qasem Burhan. Gharafa found an equalizer when Kristian Nemeth netted one in the 33rd minute. Al Arabi doubled their lead at the start of the second half when Dejagah delivered an inch perfect cross to an onrushing Yousef Ali who slotted past Qasem Burhan.

Arabi found a third goal, effectively ending the competition on the 73rd minute. New signing Javad Nekounam calmly put though to fellow new recruit Alain Souza who found the bottom left hand corner. The composed finish from the Brazilian rightly brought a smile to Gianfranco Zola’s face. Despite being three goals down, Gharafa did mount a mini revival in the final five minutes of the tie Kristian Nemeth grabbed his first goal for his side on the 89th minute.

Nemeth also had the ball in the net in stoppage time for his new club, however he was rightly flagged offside.

With the final act of the game, Iranian international Masoud Shojai scored a fine individual goal, to leave the final score 3-2 to Al Arabi."

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/spo...r-aaish-double

Comment

Lol the Iranians dominated the game! Ashkan, Nekou, and Masoud involved in 4 of 5 goals.

And to be fair, and not follow the trend of just ragging on the Qatar league (although its bad, our league isn't a gem either), I can show plenty of clips with Iranian goalies letting in terrible goals (just this season).

To an outsider, it would look like the PGL is absolute garbage, but that would not be a fair assessment. Just like it isn't a fair assessment to QSL, IMO (although I will say again, it is still not a great league).

Comment

Askhan che shadi kard vaghti ke gol zad.

Shegeft-angize, to biyaboon ba dostash gol-gochik bazikone ke sakht-tare, albate poolesh ye khorde kamtare.
          DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

QSL Updates: February 4th, 2016

Al Sadd drew with Al Ahli Qatar 1:1
            *Pouraligaji's debut, he started and played the full 90 mins.
            *Pejman Montazeri started and played the full 90 mins
            *Mojtaba Jabbari started and played 90 mins.
            *Jabbari was subbed out in injury time

QSL Updates: February 5th, 2016

Al Arabi defeated Al Gharafa 2:3
            *Ashkan Dejagah started and played the full 90 mins
            *Dejagah scored the opening goal and provided an assist.
            *Javad Nekounam started and played the full 90 mins.
            *Nekounam provided an assist.
            *Masoud Shojaei started and played the full 90 mins.
            *Shojaei scored the second goal for Al Gharafa in injury time.

QSL Updates: February 6th, 2016

Al Mesaimeer lost to Al Rayyan 0:2
            *Mohammad Nouri started and played the full 90 mins.
            Last edited by aenima_8; 02-08-2016, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Seyed Ashkan

Comment

QSL online caught up with Al Arabi’s latest midfield addition, Iranian international Javad Nekounam ahead of his QSL match of the week clash against Lekhwiya.

How have preparations gone for the match?
                The team is ready for that game, we have welcomed back Paulinho which is a huge boost for our side. We will do all that we can to keep up our good form.

Wha tare your expectations for the match?
                The match will tough for both sides, especially for Lekhwiya who lost to Al Sailiya in the previous round, also because Lekhwiya lost to Al Arabi in the first leg of QSL. I think they will be looking for revenge. I hope that Al Arabi will win the game as we will build up on our recent win over Al Gharafa.

Al Arabi defeated Lekhwiya in the first leg, is the team capable of repeating victory?
                Of course, it is a difficult tie going up against the current champions. However we played well last week I think we can build on that in this match.

Describe for us your feelings playing in Qatar Stars League for Al Arabi?
                I am very happy for being here in Qatar and playing in Qatar stars League representing Al Arabi. I believe that the league competition is tough and competitive; you only have to see the results last week to see that any team is capable of causing an upset.

How do you evaluate your experience of the QSL?
                It is a new experience for me, I think even though it has been a few weeks, it will have a big impact. The level of professionalism in the QSL is similar to European leagues following my experience Osasuna in La Liga. I didn’t hesitate when Arabi offered me a contract.

What are your team’s ambitions this season?
                Our mission now is to focus on each and every game. The coming game tie against Lekhwiya is crucial in order to keep up the positive results and improve our league standing. We are close to getting into the top 4 places.

What is your personal ambition with Al Arabi?
                For me, I want to use my experience to help Al Arabi on the pitch. We have an aim of the top four places and we are going about the right way in getting this. Also, we are playing in Qatar which has fantastic facilities which will be made and developed for the Fifa World Cup 2022. So being here is a huge source of pride for me.

- See more at: http://qsl.com.qa/en/News/view/11004....AW9eBskO.dpuf

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                  QSL online caught up with Al Arabi’s latest midfield addition, Iranian international Javad Nekounam ahead of his QSL match of the week clash against Lekhwiya.

How have preparations gone for the match?
                  The team is ready for that game, we have welcomed back Paulinho which is a huge boost for our side. We will do all that we can to keep up our good form.

Wha tare your expectations for the match?
                  The match will tough for both sides, especially for Lekhwiya who lost to Al Sailiya in the previous round, also because Lekhwiya lost to Al Arabi in the first leg of QSL. I think they will be looking for revenge. I hope that Al Arabi will win the game as we will build up on our recent win over Al Gharafa.

Al Arabi defeated Lekhwiya in the first leg, is the team capable of repeating victory?
                  Of course, it is a difficult tie going up against the current champions. However we played well last week I think we can build on that in this match.

Describe for us your feelings playing in Qatar Stars League for Al Arabi?
                  I am very happy for being here in Qatar and playing in Qatar stars League representing Al Arabi. I believe that the league competition is tough and competitive; you only have to see the results last week to see that any team is capable of causing an upset.

How do you evaluate your experience of the QSL?
                  It is a new experience for me, I think even though it has been a few weeks, it will have a big impact. The level of professionalism in the QSL is similar to European leagues following my experience Osasuna in La Liga. I didn’t hesitate when Arabi offered me a contract.

What are your team’s ambitions this season?
                  Our mission now is to focus on each and every game. The coming game tie against Lekhwiya is crucial in order to keep up the positive results and improve our league standing. We are close to getting into the top 4 places.

What is your personal ambition with Al Arabi?
                  For me, I want to use my experience to help Al Arabi on the pitch. We have an aim of the top four places and we are going about the right way in getting this. Also, we are playing in Qatar which has fantastic facilities which will be made and developed for the Fifa World Cup 2022. So being here is a huge source of pride for me.

- See more at: http://qsl.com.qa/en/News/view/11004....AW9eBskO.dpuf
                  Nekounam had another interview a few days ago where he denied he ever had this interview. He specifically refereed to the part about QSL being similar to Europe in terms of professionalism. He said he would never say such a thing. lol.

Comment

QSL Updates: February 12th, 2016

Al Arabi defeated Lekhwiya 1:0
                    *Javad Nekounam started the match and played the full 90 mins.
                    *Nekounam assisted the only goal of the match
                    *Ashkan Dejagah was not in the squad.

Al Kharitiyath drew with Al Ahli 1:1
                    *Mojtaba Jabbari started the match and played the full 90 mins.
                    *Pejman Montazeri started the match and played the full 90 mins.
                    *Montazeri received a yellow in the 28th

QSL Updates: February 13th, 2016

Al Mesaimeer defeated by Umm Salal 0:2
                    *Mohammad Nouri started the match and played the full 90 mins

QSL Updates: February 14th, 2016

*Masoud Shojaei started the match and was subbed out in the 76th min.
                    *Shojaei was involved in the Al Gharafa's first goal:
                    Last edited by aenima_8; 02-14-2016, 12:48 PM.

Comment

QSL Updates: February 18th, 2016

Al Mesaimeer lost to Al Kharitiyath 3:1
                      *Mohammad Nouri started the match and played the full 90 mins.

QSL Updates: February 19th, 2016
                      Al Sadd defeated Al Khor 1:3
                      *Morteza Pouraliganji started the match and played the full 90 mins.

Al Ahli Doha lost to Qatar SC 3:2

QSL Updates: February 20th, 2016

Al Gharafa defeated Al Wakrah 3:2
                      *Masoud Shojaei started the match and played the full 90 mins.
                      *Shojaei scored the winning goal from a injury time PK in the 93rd min.

Al Arabi lost to Al Rayyan 0:2
                      *Javad Nekounam started the match and played the full 90 mins.
                      *Ashkan Dejagah started the match and played the full 90 mins.
                      *Dejagah received a yellow card in the 51st min.

Comment

Is Al Mesaimeer the worst team ever?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          Nekounam had another interview a few days ago where he denied he ever had this interview. He specifically refereed to the part about QSL being similar to Europe in terms of professionalism. He said he would never say such a thing. lol.

Got a link for the interview bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post

Got a link for the interview bro?
                            http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1303326...82%D8%B7%D8%B1

ه گزارش"ورزش سه"، سایت رسمی لیگ ستارگان قطر امروز مصاحبه ای با جواد نکونام منتشر کرده است که در بخشی از این مصاحبه از قول کاپیتان سابق تیم ملی ایران آورده شده است که لیگ قطر هم سطح لیگ های اروپایی است.

جواد نکونام در گفت و گو با"ورزش سه"، درباره این مصاحبه گفت: من به هیچ عنوان با جایی مصاحبه نکرده ام و این حرف ها صحت ندارد. من سال ها در لیگ اسپانیا بازی کرده ام و امکاناتش را دیده ام و همچنین امکانات لیگ قطر هم دیده ام. لیگ قطر سطح خوبی دارد اما اروپایی ها سطحشان چیز دیگری است.

Comment

QSL Updates: February 26th, 2016

Al Ahli Doha defeated by Al Khor 0:2

QSL Updates: February 27th, 2016

Al Mesaimeer lost to Qatar SC 3:0
                              *Mohammad Nouri started the match and played the full 90 mins.
                              *Nouri was yellow carded on the 28th min.

Al Gharafa drew with Umm Salal 4:4
                              *Masoud Shojaei started the match and played the full 90 mins.
                              *Shojaei scored the second goal for Al Gharafa in the 54th min.

Comment

Pouraliganji just scored 2-0 for Al Sadd against Al Arabi

Comment

Working...
                                X