Legionnaires @ Persian Gulf Leagues | 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
    One of Al-Arabi's goalkeepers is eligible to play for both Qatar and Iran. It says he is a Qatari of Iranian descent and was born in Iran.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masoud_Zeraei
    He is 36 years

Comment

Originally posted by IranPowned View Post
      He is 36 years
      Yeah lol, I saw xD

Comment

Mujtaba Jabbari, Asian Zidane alongside Xavi

Comment

I still think about how Jabbari just quit Team Melli. It bothers me when a player just quits on his team. Do you guys think if he wasn't offered millions by gutter clubs he would've still played?

I remember one of his excuses was recurring injuries. He could've played in the World Cup. He was very unlucky in 2006. Why would someone miss another a chance to play in the World Cup. The dream of any footballer to play on the biggest stage. An opportunity that won't knock again.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
            I still think about how Jabbari just quit Team Melli. It bothers me when a player just quits on his team. Do you guys think if he wasn't offered millions by gutter clubs he would've still played?

I remember one of his excuses was recurring injuries. He could've played in the World Cup. He was very unlucky in 2006. Why would someone miss another a chance to play in the World Cup. The dream of any footballer to play on the biggest stage. An opportunity that won't knock again.
            I think he wasn't fond of playing under Carlos Queiroz so he didn't want to play for Team Melli anymore. He gave an interview where he criticized Queiroz for his style of coaching etc.

Comment

The style of play back when he quit was terrible. But I'm sure he would have liked to have been a part of this new generation of players who offer a much better attacking quality to the team

Comment

He quit because he didn't like the playing style? What a fool.

Comment

Seyed Ashkan's great goal vs Al Gharafa / Qatar NT's gk

Assist

Then Mesaoud Shojaei's solo goal vs Ashkan and Javad's team

This league is truly pure garbage, 100 rahmat be lige khodemoon

Comment

^ Haha, did you saw the GK just punching the shot in his own goal? This league is so shitty, no wonder our Team Melli legionnaires turn into crap. And you all keep saying that QSL is not a bad place for players like Poolaliganji.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                      ^ Haha, did you saw the GK just punching the shot in his own goal? This league is so shitty, no wonder our Team Melli legionnaires turn into crap. And you all keep saying that QSL is not a bad place for players like Poolaliganji.
                      Hichi baba, then people keep popping Nekounam and Karimi transfers from a-rab leagues. Those players we have today aren't close to what these guys were when at the same age, they were exceptions. We can't compare 23 year old Pouraliganji to 23 year old Nekounam/Shojaei/Karimi etc...

Let's wait and see what happens to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                        Hichi baba, then people keep popping Nekounam and Karimi transfers from a-rab leagues. Those players we have today aren't close to these guys were when at the same age, they were exceptions. We can't compare 23 year old Pouraliganji to 23 year old Nekounam/Shojaei/Karimi etc...

Let's wait and see what happens to him.
                        I remember Karimi and Shojaei tearing up UAE league...

Comment

Ashkan at least playing much much better compare to last season, remember he was even bench warmer in some games , he is captain of club as well. That one positive sign at least.

Comment

Assist

This league is truly pure garbage, 100 rahmat be lige khodemoon
                            Those empty stadiums though.... I don't understand why Qatar spends so much money on soccer and brings in so many top class players when their league doesn't even have supporters. At least MLS and Chinese Super League teams actually have fans in the stadiums...

Comment

Assist

Missed Javad's assist:

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                                I think he wasn't fond of playing under Carlos Queiroz so he didn't want to play for Team Melli anymore. He gave an interview where he criticized Queiroz for his style of coaching etc.
                                Originally posted by persepolisfan View Post
                                The style of play back when he quit was terrible. But I'm sure he would have liked to have been a part of this new generation of players who offer a much better attacking quality to the team
                                My understanding is he knew he wasn't going to be a starter anymore after the qualifiers so he quit.

Comment

Working...
                                X