No announcement yet.

Historic Iran Nuclear Deal Reached! Hopefully Sanctions to be lifted to aid TM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least with the offers from Nike, Adidas and Puma, we won't have to be economical and can at least switch jersey with our opponents
    We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

Getting a Nike deal is better than winning the WC for many Team Melli fans

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
        Getting a Nike deal is better than winning the WC for many Team Melli fans
        Stop yourself there son

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
          Iranian football set to score heavily from nuclear deal

Lifting of sanctions will release at least $10m in funds owed to the country's football federations.

A deal to lift international sanctions on Iran will transform football in the country, opening the door to foreign investment, international transfers and the release of World Cup prize money, according to the boss of one of the country's leading clubs.

Iran and six major world powers*reached an agreement this week*imposing limits on Tehran's nuclear programme in return for the unblocking of more than $100bn of Iranian assets frozen abroad.

Mansour Ghanbarzadeh, chief executive of club side Naft Tehran, told Reuters in an interview that some of that money belonged to the Iranian Football Federation.

Iran's deal contents

"Everybody claims that sport should be away from politics but in reality football in Iran was under sanction," Ghanbarzadeh*said.

"We have not received anything in the past two years from FIFA. One figure was about $10m subsidy for qualifying for the World Cup. The only reason for that was the banking sanction."

The prize money set by FIFA for last year's World Cup in Brazil was $8m, plus $1.5m in preparation costs, for teams that reached the tournament, as Iran did, but failed to go beyond the group stage.

Ghanbarzadeh, a former executive committee member of the Iranian Football Federation and now a standard member, said more millions were owed from the 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign, while subsidies from the Asian Football Confederation, the regional body, never made it through.

He added that importing basic requirements like match balls had been problematic, while players and federation members were often required to carry cash in and out of the country to pay for training camps.

Best in Asia

Despite the troubles, Iranian football has managed to hold its own on the world and regional stage.

The men's national team is currently Asia's best side in the FIFA rankings, at 38th.

Three-time Asian champions, the Iranians won plaudits at the World Cup where they drew with African champions Nigeria and came within a minute of holding eventual runners-up Argentina.

Ghanbarzadeh's club Naft, who just missed out on the Iranian title in May, are through to the quarter-finals of the AFC Champions League, alongside wealthy Emirati, Chinese and Qatari clubs, despite being unable to pay transfer fees for foreign stars like their regional rivals.

"Despite all the sanctions, sport could move on and we were very active in Asian competition and FIFA competition, World Cup and Champions League," Ghanbarzadeh said.

"We hope we can be more successful and it can re-energise football in future."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/0...141437445.html

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
          It is insane to put sanctions on iran football seriously

Comment

Originally posted by Javeed View Post
            At least with the offers from Nike, Adidas and Puma, we won't have to be economical and can at least switch jersey with our opponents
            Javeed, I'm pretty sure you will be banned today. You report my thread about Iranian football sanctions likely being lifted, and you do so maliciously, because you post such irrelevant things that you are trying to bring the rest of us down with you? You are just destroying these boards for no reason at this point. I posted something that is very important in regards to Iranian football's future, and the thread has been open for a while and garnering conversation related to football.

I think since my thread came right after your doozie of a post about "what if sanctions were lifted and we played Pluto XI in a friendly..." That is not news. It does not deserve it's own thread. You still haven't figured out how these forums work, and at this point, I see that you are just trying to do damage to the forum as a whole. Lowering my reputation because you are sad about how people reject you is not right. I will be happy to see you banned. It will be a good riddance from PFDC at this point. I am glad I saw your facebook as now I can see you've just been messing with us this whole time. You look like a normal kid, but the fact that you post so many off-topic copy/paste posts, start 5 new threads in succession with no relation to Iranian football news and use the name Javeed as an alias for your real name, I can tell you've been messing with us this whole time.

You've been a member for 3 years, and that is truly shocking. We've all figured you out at this point Javeed, you are just here to make people's blood boil, have a laugh about it in your college dorm room. Grow up, man. Doing this type of stuff on internet forums stopped being funny 10 years ago.

Comment

One thing the removal of sanctions will do is remove the stigma of playing friendlies against Iran. That alone should make arranging friendlies easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                Javeed, I'm pretty sure you will be banned today. You report my thread about Iranian football sanctions likely being lifted, and you do so maliciously, because you post such irrelevant things that you are trying to bring the rest of us down with you? You are just destroying these boards for no reason at this point. I posted something that is very important in regards to Iranian football's future, and the thread has been open for a while and garnering conversation related to football.

I think since my thread came right after your doozie of a post about "what if sanctions were lifted and we played Pluto XI in a friendly..." That is not news. It does not deserve it's own thread. You still haven't figured out how these forums work, and at this point, I see that you are just trying to do damage to the forum as a whole. Lowering my reputation because you are sad about how people reject you is not right. I will be happy to see you banned. It will be a good riddance from PFDC at this point. I am glad I saw your facebook as now I can see you've just been messing with us this whole time. You look like a normal kid, but the fact that you post so many off-topic copy/paste posts, start 5 new threads in succession with no relation to Iranian football news and use the name Javeed as an alias for your real name, I can tell you've been messing with us this whole time.

You've been a member for 3 years, and that is truly shocking. We've all figured you out at this point Javeed, you are just here to make people's blood boil, have a laugh about it in your college dorm room. Grow up, man. Doing this type of stuff on internet forums stopped being funny 10 years ago.
                I didn't know that reputation hurts your self-esteem.. I apologize for that.

However, there is already a relevant thread on this issue: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...=1#post2307120

I am not doing it to spite you, I am just saying that there is already a thread that we can use, thats all.
                We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

There are no "offers"

Nike have only shown preliminiary interest/discussions.

Adidas too but from what I remember reading there are several obstacles, IFF wants kits supplied for all footballing levels, like youth, beach and womans... and also not a generic design.

Comment

Originally posted by jahandoost View Post
                    There are no "offers"

Nike have only shown preliminiary interest/discussions.

Adidas too but from what I remember reading there are several obstacles, IFF wants kits supplied for all footballing levels, like youth, beach and womans... and also not a generic design.
                    I saw on the news that Nike were the frontrunners in signing a deal with Iran.
                    I wonder what other things will come out with the deal.
                    Maybe better relations with UAE? Them changing their league name would be a great initiative if the US put pressure on them since they want us to be on the same side.

Comment

I didn't know that reputation hurts your self-esteem.. I apologize for that.

However, there is already a relevant thread on this issue: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...=1#post2307120

I am not doing it to spite you, I am just saying that there is already a thread that we can use, thats all.
                      First of all, again you make very little sense. I can't tell, where did you get self-esteem from? I was talking about "rep power" on the forums. Aka reputation power, which you have 0 of. Idk what you're talking about in regards to the first part.

Secondly, the general forum, which I and many others do not use involves political discussions, etc. you would be right if this was about most other news that doesn't affect our football.

I on the other hand created this thread to talk about the new deal's implications on our football. As you can see, people haven't been talking about politics, etc. in this thread like in the general forum. This is in regards to football Javeed, like new kit sponsors etc.

Heck, even you are posting in this thread on football related matters. You just really don't get it man. I don't know what is going on in your head or if you're just really that committed to getting kicked off PFDC.

Note how nobody else had a problem with this thread but you. You truly need to figure out how these forums work quick, or you will be off of them very soon and will have to act this way somewhere else.

Comment

Historic Iran Nuclear Deal Reached! Hopefully Sanctions to be lifted to aid TM

First of all, again you make very little sense. I can't tell, where did you get self-esteem from? I was talking about "rep power" on the forums. Aka reputation power, which you have 0 of. Idk what you're talking about in regards to the first part.

Secondly, the general forum, which I and many others do not use involves political discussions, etc. you would be right if this was about most other news that doesn't affect our football.

I on the other hand created this thread to talk about the new deal's implications on our football. As you can see, people haven't been talking about politics, etc. in this thread like in the general forum. This is in regards to football Javeed, like new kit sponsors etc.

Heck, even you are posting in this thread on football related matters. You just really don't get it man. I don't know what is going on in your head or if you're just really that committed to getting kicked off PFDC.

Note how nobody else had a problem with this thread but you. You truly need to figure out how these forums work quick, or you will be off of them very soon and will have to act this way somewhere else.
                        He neg repped me as well, lmao

Comment

The second person to post in the thread posted the same link as me..
                          I believe that you value reputation power and this is just an out lash of frustration because there was already a thread created before you made this one and you got called out on it.
                          Obviously the mods would have revoked my decision of how I used my reputation if they felt that I had wrongfully used it.

I had a conversation with Adesor Vafaseya and he outlined what I had been doing wrong and thus, have changed my ways.
                          Again, this is not to make your "blood boil." I just feel that the other thread could have been used for the same purpose as this one.
                          I have observed previous arguments that you have had with other people and will not be engaging in any further.
                          Hopefully, we can move on from this!

Comment

The second person to post in the thread posted the same link as me..
                            I believe that you value reputation power and this is just an out lash of frustration because there was already a thread created before you made this one and you got called out on it.
                            Obviously the mods would have revoked my decision of how I used my reputation if they felt that I had wrongfully used it.

I had a conversation with Adesor Vafaseya and he outlined what I had been doing wrong and thus, have changed my ways.
                            Again, this is not to make your "blood boil." I just feel that the other thread could have been used for the same purpose as this one.
                            I have observed previous arguments that you have had with other people and will not be engaging in any further.
                            Hopefully, we can move on from this!
                            Not really. Not when you've already created 3 new threads... today.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                              Not really. Not when you've already created 3 new threads... today.
                              These are the rules that he outlined:

1/ Opening multiple threads for the same subject
                              2/ Posting just for the sake of posting
                              3/ Questions directed to another member

And I am following them

Comment

Difficult not to make any discussions political. I will try to limit my writing as below.

Lifting sanctions.
                                Many sanctions were illegal such as sanction of civilian airplane parts. Saudi Arabia is playing dirty by holding oil prices down. This action has hurt many countries including Iran. Moreover, Iran has mis-managed financial resources especially during presidency of Ahmadi-nejad.

Shirt sponsorship.
                                Reading many comments in this thread about Nike, Adidas, Puma made me upset. There are many excellent Iranian artists and designers. Why do Iranians need to promote their logo and brand? Why?

Iranians are smart and they can come up with a better logo and quality of product(s). In my view, Majid is an okay logo. Unfortunately, similar to salary of football players some of the money get pocketed by those in charge and middlemen and at the end quality of products is very poor.

We Iranians need to believe in ourselves. The 40% personnel of USA NASA in many departments are Iranians, all the universities in western countries have at least 50 Iranian faculty and staff.

Iranians can come up with their own logo that represents their own culture, history, and identity. We do not need and should not want Nike, Adidas, or Puma. Several years ago, I faxed a letter to IFF in this regard, I should do this again. I encourage others who believe in their own ability and ability of their hamvatans to do the same.
                                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Working...
                                X