No announcement yet.

Get to know our opponents in the upcoming Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn I feel bad for them after reading this :/ I feel a lot for this Indian dream.
    I hope they can at least tie or beat Iran, so there will still be some hope for them.

JUST KIDDING LoOoOoOoL WE ARE GOING TO THRASH THEM... PERSIAN STYLE

Comment

Its funny when I made this thread how many said this group (myself included) would be a walk in the park..goes to show that arrogance is a terrible cultural trait of ours

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
        Its funny when I made this thread how many said this group (myself included) would be a walk in the park..goes to show that arrogance is a terrible cultural trait of ours
        its still a walk in the park. one draw doesnt make or break us. The games are home and away legs, and other teams are bound to lose points.

Comment

Are you kidding me?

This behaviour is Iranian? Rofl...

Tell me which folks of this world do not have arrogance?

Criticizing our own culture and comparing ourselves to other cultures 24/7... that is a terrible trait of ours.

Comment

It's just one game, if anything this slip up raises the chances of the remaining games being wins since there's no more room for slip ups. Also, it doesn't really make sense to conclude something for a whole culture from a forum with 20-30 active members

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
              Are you kidding me?

This behaviour is Iranian? Rofl...

Tell me which folks of this world do not have arrogance?

Criticizing our own culture and comparing ourselves to other cultures 24/7... that is a terrible trait of ours.
              When Germany plays Gibraltar they field their full team and punish them. When USA plays any nation on Earth, they make themselves into underdogs and they end up overperforming. When Japan loses they concede that they sucked. There are very few countries I have seen in football who have bragged like we have about having something in the bag and then almost always slipping up. Unless we win the rest of our seven games, then we have not "dominated" this group. Dont get me wrong, I would love to see it. We have the potential to be a top20 team in the world if we get our house in order and maintain a level of organization and humility.

I wont get into it but tell me if you have ever found an Iranian coach/player to say "We were simply not good enough" instead of blaming the moon alignment,grass, referee. These things need to be changed. Only through accepting responsibility for failure will we advance as an already advanced civilization.

Comment

When Germany plays Gibraltar they field their full team and punish them. When USA plays any nation on Earth, they make themselves into underdogs and they end up overperforming. When Japan loses they concede that they sucked. There are very few countries I have seen in football who have bragged like we have about having something in the bag and then almost always slipping up. Unless we win the rest of our seven games, then we have not "dominated" this group. Dont get me wrong, I would love to see it. We have the potential to be a top20 team in the world if we get our house in order and maintain a level of organization and humility.

I wont get into it but tell me if you have ever found an Iranian coach/player to say "We were simply not good enough" instead of blaming the moon alignment,grass, referee. These things need to be changed. Only through accepting responsibility for failure will we advance as an already advanced civilization.
                Don't forget the alignment of the stars and the cosmos itself.

Comment

I can't disagree with that. It is true that we have it in our culture to blame everything that happens to us on something external, rather than admitting our own mistake.
                  It is in our blood to always play the victim role and blame external factors on our failure. This is what both the IRI as well as the normal people do.
                  Is this a shia thing? I don't know.

Comment

I don't recall a time that Iranians blamed external factors when tm was actually outplayed or played bad. I might be wrong but I don't remember anyone saying anything vs Bosnia, korea 2011 ac, Saudi 2010 wcq, and any other competitive game that iran genuinely played bad or was outplayed. The games that we blame the ref or other factors usually were impacted by other factors like 96,04, 2015 ac, uzbek at home, etc...

Comment

Im not speaking of fans,even though it does apply at appropriate moments.

CQ did not take responsibility for Bosnia(learned from IFF), Ali Daei deflected responsibility for the Saudi fiasco. Even against Argentina, we blamed Mazic for not giving a penalty when we should have focused on how vulnerable Argentinas ego was after the 70' and should have finished one of the three 1 v1s we had in the game.

Comment

"National Coach Stephen Constantine on Thursday (July 30) announced the list of 28 Probables for India’s forthcoming Russia 2018 World Cup Preliminary Joint Qualification match against Iran.

Iran, as per the July 2015 FIFA Rankings, stay the highest Asian Team on 38.

The match is slated to be played at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium in Bengaluru on September 8, 2015 and would be telecast live on Sony Six.

The 28 probables would be assembling for a preparatory Camp in Pune on August 23.

The match against Iran will be preceded by an International Friendly against Nepal on August 31. The match against Nepal will be played at the Balewadi Stadium in Pune.

(To read ‘Football and its healing power,’ click on https://www.the-aiff.com/news-center...ls.htm?id=6606)

The list of 28 probables stay as follows:

GOALKEEPERS:

Subrata Paul, Karanjit Singh, Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Arindam Bhattacharya, Sanjiban Ghosh.

DEFENDERS:

Arnab Mondal, Sandesh Jhingan, Aiborlang Khongjee, Dhanachandra Singh, Lalchhuanmawia, Narayan Das, Rino Anto, Pritam Kotal.

MIDFIELDERS:

Dhanapal Ganesh, Eugenson Lyngdoh, Cavin Lobo, Sehnaj Singh, Jackichand Singh, Pronoy Halder, Brandon Fernandes, Francis Fernandes, CK Vineeth, Rowlin Borges, Romeo Fernandes.

FORWARDS:

Holicharan Narzary, Jeje Lalpekhlua, Robin Singh, Sunil Chhetri."

https://www.the-aiff.com/news-center...ls.htm?id=6618

Comment

"Indian football team at a huge disadvantage, says coach Stephen Constantine
                          Aug 7, 2015 17:19 IST

India football coach Stephen Constantine on Friday said the national team is at a huge disadvantage before facing Iran due to lack of competitive football owing to the conclusion of the country's football season.

The 156th-ranked India play 41st positioned Iran in a 2018 World Cup qualifier match in Bengaluru on September 8. India have already lost the first two matches of its qualifying group and Constantine couldn't offer any words of hope for the match against the Gulf country.

"It's Iran, the 41st ranked team in the world, the giants of Asia. I feel that says it all. The international friendly against Nepal is the sole competitive match that our boys would have played before taking on the Asian superpowers," Constantine was quoted as saying by aiff.com.

"You need to remember that prior to the match against Nepal, most of the national team players have not played a competitive game since June 2015 (against Guam)

while the others have not played since May 31, 2015, i.e., the completion of the I-League. So for some players, its more than two months while for the rest, it’s almost or even more than three months. The national team is at a huge disadvantage.

India play against Nepal in a friendly match on August 31 in Pune as part their preparations for the qualifier against Iran. But Constantine conceded it is hardly enough, adding that the road ahead is tough as there is a huge difference between the standard of the country's domestic league and international football.

"The road for us is as tough as I had expected it to be. There is a huge difference between the standard of the domestic leagues to international football," he said.

"I have made many changes to the philosophy of the team to the type of training that we do including introducing many bright new prospects into the squad. But at the same time, they also need time to adjust to the pace and the level of International football."

When asked about the reason for playing an international friendly against 184-ranked Nepal, the 52-year-old said, "There were options playing against higher ranked teams but seeing that we are playing a home game, we wanted to play at home while those teams wanted to play at their home. So it didn't materialise. Under such circumstance, it's good we played some close to our ranking.""

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/indi...e-2383402.html

Comment

I would literally kill my self if i had to play nepal as a preparation before playing one of the best teams in Asia. India needs alot of preparations and by playing nepal, i guarantee you we are going to thrash them even more.

Comment

Originally posted by persian_cheetah View Post
                              I would literally kill my self if i had to play nepal as a preparation before playing one of the best teams in Asia. India needs alot of preparations and by playing nepal, i guarantee you we are going to thrash them even more.
                              yeah bc thats what we did against Turkmenistan!!!

Comment

You just gotta feel for the Indians. Hopefully one day they can qualify for a world cup.

Comment

Working...
                                X