Get to know our opponents in the upcoming Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
    Breaking news. Oman FA is after Carlos Qeiroz. As head coach (!!!!)
    Chinese FA is after CQ as well. He is going to head to Portugal until February 2016. But he has a contract until 2018 and will stay as Iran coach

Comment

Breaking news : Guam FA is after CQ! They sack their current coach Barry White and were very impressed by CQ tactics against them last week! They denied him to leave guam and are in intensive negociations at the moment.

Comment

Get to know our opponents in the upcoming Qualifiers

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
        Breaking news. Oman FA is after Carlos Qeiroz. As head coach (!!!!)
        Agha jan even if I read that the beggar that lives in my street is after Carlos Queiroz I wouldn't be surprised at this point

Comment

I'm very sure that after 2018, CQ is going to leave Asia and never look to coach there ever again after all the stuff he has faced there. Why leave a team with World Cup potential? There is nothing bigger to coach then at a world cup

Comment

"‘Focus on physical training’ as coachless Oman begin conditioning camp

The Oman Football Association (OFA), who are yet to announce the replacement for sacked national team coach Paul Le Guen, have revealed a list of Oman players who will undergo an internal training camp from Monday.

The Sultanate’s soccer governing body once again took to twitter on Sunday to announce the details of the camp as well as the names of the players who are called up for the camp. It may be mentioned that back on November 19, OFA announced the sacking of Frenchman Le Guen in a simple one line tweet ‘OFA decided to relieve coach Paul Le Guen from his duties as Head Coach of the First National Team’.

Most the 22 players, including three goalkeepers, who are called up for the camp are home based and are scheduled to undergo training till January 12.

When contacted by Times Sport to know who will be coaching the players during the camp and when the new coach will be appointed, OFA chief Sayyid Khalid Al Busaidi informed: “It’s business as usual in the preparation or the training of the national team players. “The special focus will be on physical training,” he added, “as the ‘detailed search’ for a new national coach continues.”

Necessary decision

Meanwhile, in another tweet, the OFA said: “The OFA board has completed the analysis of the candidates for the post of national team coach. The board will take a necessary decision in this regard during the next week.”

The 22-player team, who are called up for the camp on Sunday, includes three goalkeepers Riyad Sabit, Fayeez Al Rusheedi and Mazen Al Kasbi. The other players are Mohammed Al Musallami, Mohammed Sheiba, Saad Suhail, Ali Al Busaidi, Basil Al Rawahi, Ali Salim, Abdulsalam Amer (defenders), Raed Ibrahim Al Haikal, Hussain Al Hadhari, Mohsin Jawhar, Ali Al Jabri, Salah Al Yahya’ei (midfielders), Mohammed Al Ghassani, Abdulaziz Al Maqbali, Imad Al Hosni, Mohsin Al Ghassani, Qasim Said, Saud Al Farsi, Said Obaid (forwards).

The OFA terminated Le Guen’s contract after Oman’s 1-2 away defeat to Turkmenistan in a crucial Group D qualifying match of the 2018 World Cup/2019 Asian Cup. Oman, who have 11 points against group toppers Iran’s 14, are in danger of not able to clinch the direct berth into the next round of the World Cup qualifiers, provided Iran win both their next games. However, Oman still have a chance to clinch the top spot in the group if they defeat Guam and Iran in their next matches in March.

List of Oman players called up for camp: Riyad Sabit, Fayeez Al Rusheedi, Mazen Al Kasbi (goalkeepers); Mohammed Al Musallami, Mohammed Sheiba, Saad Suhail, Ali Al Busaidi, Basil Al Rawahi, Ali Salim, Abdulsalam Amer (defenders); Raed Ibrahim Al Haikal, Hussain Al Hadhari, Mohsin Jawhar, Ali Al Jabri, Salah Al Yahya’ei (midfielders); Mohammed Al Ghassani, Abdulaziz Al Maqbali, Imad Al Hosni, Mohsin Al Ghassani, Qasim Said, Saud Al Farsi, Said Obaid (forwards)."

http://www.timesofoman.com/article/7...ditioning-camp

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
              "‘Focus on physical training’ as coachless Oman begin conditioning camp
              The Oman Football Association (OFA), who are yet to announce the replacement for sacked national team coach Paul Le Guen, have revealed a list of Oman players who will undergo an internal training camp from Monday.
              The Sultanate’s soccer governing body once again took to twitter on Sunday to announce the details of the camp as well as the names of the players who are called up for the camp. It may be mentioned that back on November 19, OFA announced the sacking of Frenchman Le Guen in a simple one line tweet ‘OFA decided to relieve coach Paul Le Guen from his duties as Head Coach of the First National Team’.
              Most the 22 players, including three goalkeepers, who are called up for the camp are home based and are scheduled to undergo training till January 12.
              When contacted by Times Sport to know who will be coaching the players during the camp and when the new coach will be appointed, OFA chief Sayyid Khalid Al Busaidi informed: “It’s business as usual in the preparation or the training of the national team players. “The special focus will be on physical training,” he added, “as the ‘detailed search’ for a new national coach continues.”
              Necessary decision
              Meanwhile, in another tweet, the OFA said: “The OFA board has completed the analysis of the candidates for the post of national team coach. The board will take a necessary decision in this regard during the next week.”
              The 22-player team, who are called up for the camp on Sunday, includes three goalkeepers Riyad Sabit, Fayeez Al Rusheedi and Mazen Al Kasbi. The other players are Mohammed Al Musallami, Mohammed Sheiba, Saad Suhail, Ali Al Busaidi, Basil Al Rawahi, Ali Salim, Abdulsalam Amer (defenders), Raed Ibrahim Al Haikal, Hussain Al Hadhari, Mohsin Jawhar, Ali Al Jabri, Salah Al Yahya’ei (midfielders), Mohammed Al Ghassani, Abdulaziz Al Maqbali, Imad Al Hosni, Mohsin Al Ghassani, Qasim Said, Saud Al Farsi, Said Obaid (forwards).
              The OFA terminated Le Guen’s contract after Oman’s 1-2 away defeat to Turkmenistan in a crucial Group D qualifying match of the 2018 World Cup/2019 Asian Cup. Oman, who have 11 points against group toppers Iran’s 14, are in danger of not able to clinch the direct berth into the next round of the World Cup qualifiers, provided Iran win both their next games. However, Oman still have a chance to clinch the top spot in the group if they defeat Guam and Iran in their next matches in March.

List of Oman players called up for camp: Riyad Sabit, Fayeez Al Rusheedi, Mazen Al Kasbi (goalkeepers); Mohammed Al Musallami, Mohammed Sheiba, Saad Suhail, Ali Al Busaidi, Basil Al Rawahi, Ali Salim, Abdulsalam Amer (defenders); Raed Ibrahim Al Haikal, Hussain Al Hadhari, Mohsin Jawhar, Ali Al Jabri, Salah Al Yahya’ei (midfielders); Mohammed Al Ghassani, Abdulaziz Al Maqbali, Imad Al Hosni, Mohsin Al Ghassani, Qasim Said, Saud Al Farsi, Said Obaid (forwards)."
              http://www.timesofoman.com/article/7...ditioning-camp
              Another amateurish statement by the press. I guess they are not aware that Head to Head is not the tiebreaker rather, the goal difference. Iran's GD is +17 while Oman's is +5. So not only does Oman need to defeat Iran in Tehran(Good Luck...) they also have to increase their GD to be better than Iran's.

Oman is OUT and they know it.

Comment

Who's your daddy?

Iran will become India's dada in Azadi

Comment

"Oman sets three targets for new coach Lopez Caro
                  January 15, 2016 | 3:20 PM

While officially presenting Lopez Caro as new coach of Oman national team, OFA chief Sayyid Khalid revealed association’s decision to give Spaniard a one-year contact. -

Juan Ramon Lopez Caro unveiled as Oman football coach

Muscat: The Oman Football Association (OFA) has set three specific targets for new national team coach Juan Ramon Lopez Caro while handing a one-year contract to the Spaniard.

The Sultanate’s soccer governing body, which announced the former Real Madrid coach’s appointment in a tweet on Thursday night, officially presented Lopez Caro during a press conference at the OFA Headquarters in Seeb Sports Stadium on Friday afternoon.

While introducing Lopez Caro to the local media, the OFA chairman Sayyid Khalid bin Hamad Al Busaidi revealed association’s decision to give Spaniard a one-year contract with three main goals: Oman’s two remaining matches of the ongoing second round of joint World Cup and Asian Cup qualifiers, the next round of the qualifiers if they make it and the Gulf Cup championship to be organised later this year.

But first the OFA chief explained why Lopez Caro, who led Saudi Arabia to runners-up position in Gulf Cup back in 2014, was chosen for the post lying vacant since November last year when the association had shown the exit to Frenchman Paul Le Guen following Oman’s 2-1 away loss to Turkmenistan in their World Cup/Asian Cup qualifying campaign.

“We have received a number of applications for the job. After looking into various options and a thorough process, we have shortlisted five candidates, including two Omani coaches,” Sayyid Khalid said referring to interest shown by two local coaches Hamad Al Azzani and Rasheed Al Jaber, both of whom had stints with the Sultanate’s national teams.

“We looked into Lopez Caro coaching methods and his previous success as the coach. And all that matched our criteria. So the board decided to give him a one year contract,” he added.

Giving further details of thee goals set for the new coach, Sayyid Khalid said: “The first target is the next two games (World Cup/Asian Cup qualifiers against Guam and Iran)... which is to win those two games.”

In Group D qualifiers of the 2018 World Cup/2019 Asian Cup, Oman have 11 points against group toppers Iran’s 14. Oman need to win both their remaining matches to clinch the direct berth into the next round of the World Cup qualifiers — first against Guam at home at March 24 and an away outing against Iran on March 29.

“The second is the next round of World Cup qualifiers, if we make it, and the Asian Cup qualifiers,” OFA chief said.

“The third is the Gulf Cup, which will take place at the end of this year,” he said while informing that a decision on whether Kuwait will host it or it will be awarded to some other country will be made next month.

Lopez Caro, meanwhile, said “I am not looking beyond one year”, indicating that his eyes are set on those three goals.

“I am confident we can achieve those goals. But from now on my focus is the next two matches.”

“We need to respect our opponents. But we also need to be confident and work hard to achieve our target,” he added.

Full commitment

The Spaniard also hoped to get the best out of Omani players.

“I am very pleased to get this invitation from the OFA to coach the Omani national team. Now it’s my job to get the best out of the players,” he said.

“I would like to promise the Omani people that I will be hundred percent committed to the job entrusted to me by the association. I am committed to help the Omani team and football improve further,” he added.

Lopez Caro also said he is ‘aware’ of the situation in Omani football.

“I am aware that Omanis (players) are semi professional. But they are quality players and the team is very strong. And they have a good organisation. I know they have a huge potential.

“But the players have to be mentally strong. Discipline and qualify of players is very important. We will be discussing all these points during our meetings with various officials in the coming days.”

The new coach is planning to have two training camps before Oman’s match against Guam.

“The first camp is mainly aimed at meeting the players and knowing them better,” Lopez Caro said.

“In the second, the focus will be on preparing the team for the coming matches.”

The first camp is tentatively scheduled from March 1.

Support staff

Sayyid Khalid, meanwhile, revealed that the OFA and coach will soon finalise Lopez Caro’s support staff.

“We have discussed at length about forming technical staff, the medical, administrative and other support staff... whether we can continue with the existing staff or bring in new ones from within Oman or outside,” he said.

“We have to decide on the size and the quality of the staff. And we will do that in the coming days.”"

http://timesofoman.com/article/75505...football-coach

Comment

"Oman sets three targets for new coach Lopez Caro
                    January 15, 2016 | 3:20 PM

While officially presenting Lopez Caro as new coach of Oman national team, OFA chief Sayyid Khalid revealed association’s decision to give Spaniard a one-year contact. -

Juan Ramon Lopez Caro unveiled as Oman football coach

Muscat: The Oman Football Association (OFA) has set three specific targets for new national team coach Juan Ramon Lopez Caro while handing a one-year contract to the Spaniard.

The Sultanate’s soccer governing body, which announced the former Real Madrid coach’s appointment in a tweet on Thursday night, officially presented Lopez Caro during a press conference at the OFA Headquarters in Seeb Sports Stadium on Friday afternoon.

While introducing Lopez Caro to the local media, the OFA chairman Sayyid Khalid bin Hamad Al Busaidi revealed association’s decision to give Spaniard a one-year contract with three main goals: Oman’s two remaining matches of the ongoing second round of joint World Cup and Asian Cup qualifiers, the next round of the qualifiers if they make it and the Gulf Cup championship to be organised later this year.

But first the OFA chief explained why Lopez Caro, who led Saudi Arabia to runners-up position in Gulf Cup back in 2014, was chosen for the post lying vacant since November last year when the association had shown the exit to Frenchman Paul Le Guen following Oman’s 2-1 away loss to Turkmenistan in their World Cup/Asian Cup qualifying campaign.

“We have received a number of applications for the job. After looking into various options and a thorough process, we have shortlisted five candidates, including two Omani coaches,” Sayyid Khalid said referring to interest shown by two local coaches Hamad Al Azzani and Rasheed Al Jaber, both of whom had stints with the Sultanate’s national teams.

“We looked into Lopez Caro coaching methods and his previous success as the coach. And all that matched our criteria. So the board decided to give him a one year contract,” he added.

Giving further details of thee goals set for the new coach, Sayyid Khalid said: “The first target is the next two games (World Cup/Asian Cup qualifiers against Guam and Iran)... which is to win those two games.”

In Group D qualifiers of the 2018 World Cup/2019 Asian Cup, Oman have 11 points against group toppers Iran’s 14. Oman need to win both their remaining matches to clinch the direct berth into the next round of the World Cup qualifiers — first against Guam at home at March 24 and an away outing against Iran on March 29.

“The second is the next round of World Cup qualifiers, if we make it, and the Asian Cup qualifiers,” OFA chief said.

“The third is the Gulf Cup, which will take place at the end of this year,” he said while informing that a decision on whether Kuwait will host it or it will be awarded to some other country will be made next month.

Lopez Caro, meanwhile, said “I am not looking beyond one year”, indicating that his eyes are set on those three goals.

“I am confident we can achieve those goals. But from now on my focus is the next two matches.”

“We need to respect our opponents. But we also need to be confident and work hard to achieve our target,” he added.

Full commitment

The Spaniard also hoped to get the best out of Omani players.

“I am very pleased to get this invitation from the OFA to coach the Omani national team. Now it’s my job to get the best out of the players,” he said.

“I would like to promise the Omani people that I will be hundred percent committed to the job entrusted to me by the association. I am committed to help the Omani team and football improve further,” he added.

Lopez Caro also said he is ‘aware’ of the situation in Omani football.

“I am aware that Omanis (players) are semi professional. But they are quality players and the team is very strong. And they have a good organisation. I know they have a huge potential.

“But the players have to be mentally strong. Discipline and qualify of players is very important. We will be discussing all these points during our meetings with various officials in the coming days.”

The new coach is planning to have two training camps before Oman’s match against Guam.

“The first camp is mainly aimed at meeting the players and knowing them better,” Lopez Caro said.

“In the second, the focus will be on preparing the team for the coming matches.”

The first camp is tentatively scheduled from March 1.

Support staff

Sayyid Khalid, meanwhile, revealed that the OFA and coach will soon finalise Lopez Caro’s support staff.

“We have discussed at length about forming technical staff, the medical, administrative and other support staff... whether we can continue with the existing staff or bring in new ones from within Oman or outside,” he said.

“We have to decide on the size and the quality of the staff. And we will do that in the coming days.”"

http://timesofoman.com/article/75505...football-coach
                    Man this nigga really wanna beat Iran at Azadi. Good luck.

Comment

"India name 28 probables for World Cup football ties

Captain Sunil Chhetri heads a 28-member squad of Indian football probables for the forthcoming two qualifiers for the 2018 World Cup, head coach Stephen Constantine ( left ) announced on Tuesday.

Chhetri’s strike partner Robin Singh was not named in the squad.

India will travel to Tehran to play Iran on March 24 and then will host Turkmenistan in Kochi on March 29. The team will have a camp here from March 16 prior to the departure to Tehran on March 21.

Constantine expressed excitement about the preparatory camp.

“The boys would be assembling on March 16 and we will be practicing at the Ambedkar Stadium,” Constantine said in an All India Football Federation (AIFF) release.

“It’s important that we sustain the momentum which we achieved by winning the SAFF Suzuki Cup. Playing in Tehran will be a difficult game for us,” he stated.

“Without disrespecting Turkmenistan, we want to get the maximum we can from our home match,” he said."

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle8332611.ece

Comment

"Caro picks Oman team for Guam, Iran games

Juan Ramon Lopez Caro, the national football coach, on Sunday announced his first team list for a camp to prepare for the 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Guam and Iran.

Oman needs two big wins to qualify and Caro made the team his own with a host of changes.

In its Group D campaign, Oman hosts Guam in Muscat on March 24 and then visits Tehran for the Iran game on March 29.

Caro said, “Every match needs special preparation and specific players and I have selected the team according to our situations. The door is always open for other players and no player in the current list is permanent either.”

Team: Ali al Habsi, Faiz al Rusheidi, Riyad al Alawi, Ahmed al Mukhaini, Abdulsalam al Mukhaini, Mohammed al Rawahi, Khalid al Yaqoubi, Mohammed al Musallami, Basil al Rawahi, Mohammed al Amri, Raed Ibrahim, Ahmed Mubarak, Ali al Jabri, Harib al Saadi, Yasin al Shiyadi, Omar al Malki, Saud al Farsi, Jameel al Yahmadi, Qasim Said, Mohammed al Habsi, Salah al Yahyai, Hussain al Hadhari, Mohsin Johar, Abdulaziz al Miqbali, Saeed Abdulsalam, Mohsin al Ghassani."

http://www.muscatdaily.com/Archive/S...ran-games-4n7h

Comment

"World Cup qualifiers: Fitness issues worry Stephen

India's preparation to face Iran in the return leg of the World Cup qualification got off to a lukewarm start at the Capital's Ambedkar Stadium on Thursday, leaving national coach Stephen Constantine worried as usual. Among the 28 players called for the camp, comprising only five training sessions, 19 players worked up some sweat as a light evening drizzle soothed their tired muscles. The rest, on way from their AFC Cup engagements, will join the session on Saturday morning. India are slated to play Iran on Mar 24 in Tehran while they take on Turkmenistan on March 29 in Kochi.

The hour-long session focused in assessing the fitness of the players with assistant coach Lee Johnson putting Arnab Mondal, Cavin Lobo and the gang through the paces. The outcome wasn't really heartening.

"They are not fit," was the curt and somewhat resigned answer offered by Constantine once he finished the session. "Nothing seems to have changed in the last 10 years. This is the middle of the se ason and the boys should be fighting fit."

Instead, they were dropping ike stones. Lobo looked like he was at the fag end of extra-time and so was Vineet Rai and the others. Only Seityasen Singh was eft standing when the "warmup" drills ended. Shrill calls of "come on, push yourself " by the coach weren't inspiring enough as the players looked longingly or a gulp of water. Constantine tried to keep the spirits up by po nting out the number of young players that saw first-team action n his year-long tenure. For the time being, damage control seems to be the national team's primary aim against Queiroz's Iran."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/51452671.cms

Comment

India is toast! Or should I say Paratha!!

Comment

"World Cup qualifiers: Fitness issues worry Stephen

India's preparation to face Iran in the return leg of the World Cup qualification got off to a lukewarm start at the Capital's Ambedkar Stadium on Thursday, leaving national coach Stephen Constantine worried as usual. Among the 28 players called for the camp, comprising only five training sessions, 19 players worked up some sweat as a light evening drizzle soothed their tired muscles. The rest, on way from their AFC Cup engagements, will join the session on Saturday morning. India are slated to play Iran on Mar 24 in Tehran while they take on Turkmenistan on March 29 in Kochi.

The hour-long session focused in assessing the fitness of the players with assistant coach Lee Johnson putting Arnab Mondal, Cavin Lobo and the gang through the paces. The outcome wasn't really heartening.

"They are not fit," was the curt and somewhat resigned answer offered by Constantine once he finished the session. "Nothing seems to have changed in the last 10 years. This is the middle of the se ason and the boys should be fighting fit."

Instead, they were dropping ike stones. Lobo looked like he was at the fag end of extra-time and so was Vineet Rai and the others. Only Seityasen Singh was eft standing when the "warmup" drills ended. Shrill calls of "come on, push yourself " by the coach weren't inspiring enough as the players looked longingly or a gulp of water. Constantine tried to keep the spirits up by po nting out the number of young players that saw first-team action n his year-long tenure. For the time being, damage control seems to be the national team's primary aim against Queiroz's Iran."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/51452671.cms
                              All that delicious Tikka Masala and Aloo Gobi made them fat and out of shape. I don't blame them, that's some delicious food right there.

Comment

Uzbekistan beat Iraq in a friendly 2-1 today
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                                X