Get to know our opponents in the upcoming Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get to know our opponents in the upcoming Qualifiers

Sorry to make a new thread for this but I thought it would get lost in the TM thread and I dont want to clutter that thread even more. For those unfamiliar with these nations and want to see them in action, I've compiled a few videos of full length matches that are fairly recent. I couldn't find anything with Guam and being last seed, I feel that we should pick up the 6 points without too many obstacles. It is likely that the other teams will not have friendlies before their first games on June 11th so I hope that our TM staff will use these videos/match footage and not just assume that we will coast through them(like the mistake we made versus Lebanon last cycle)

No challenge!!! next!......

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
      Oh man the conditions of the Indian turf are horrible! How the hell is TM going to play on such a shit ground? Hopefully they can restore the conditions of the turf before the WCQs.

Comment

For all the latest sports news across AFL, NRL, football, cricket, tennis, soccer and other Australian and international sports you can visit sports news australia. Australia is well known for its rich sports culture. The most popular sports in Australia are Football, Cricket, golf and rugby.

Comment

It's true in football anything can happen and upsets do happen but it wont be the case with these teams. Only real test will be Oman and Afghanistan will obviously play their hearts out against us but not enough to cause an upset. We can use our young upcoming players for most matches and let them gain some international experience IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mir Javad View Post
            Oh man the conditions of the Indian turf are horrible! How the hell is TM going to play on such a shit ground? Hopefully they can restore the conditions of the turf before the WCQs.
            The video Nepal vs. India Persepolis#1 posted was played at a Nepalese stadium.

India has a few decent large capacity stadiums, they hosted Bayern Munich in Oliver Kahns farewell match at the Salt Lake Stadium:

They have invested in football facilities in recent years, especially as this year was the inauguration of the India Super League in order to increase the sports popularity with many big investors.

In any case, I would consider Oman the only major threat in the group. However we should not underestimate any of our opponents. Just like previous qualiying for Brazil, many expected us to destroy Maldives, in the end we only beat them 4-0 in Azadi and 1-0 in Maldives.

Comment

Originally posted by ArminSh View Post
              It's true in football anything can happen and upsets do happen but it wont be the case with these teams. Only real test will be Oman and Afghanistan will obviously play their hearts out against us but not enough to cause an upset. We can use our young upcoming players for most matches and let them gain some international experience IMO.
              Afghanistan is not in our group dadash

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                I swear to god my local high school team would be able to beat these teams. I would be deeply disappointed if we even concede a single goal against any of these minnows.

Comment

I guess for India it will be the match of the year against us! And the stadium will be full!

And please don't forget Oman's Al-Habsi, although Oman isn't really a big deal in Asia, but Al-Habsi is really a good Asian goalkeeper with a lot of experience!

TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

This is what the indian coach is saying about the draw

"Yesterday afternoon in Malaysia the draw for the 2018 World Cup in Russia took place as well as the first stage of the 2019 Asian Cup in the UAE. Sitting at home in Cyprus I waited to see the draw live and online and was joined by my wife and the 3 girls. Waiting for your team to be drawn is almost as exciting as seeing the other teams drawn in your group and well am really looking forward to the challenge.

Starting with team Meli Iran what can you say about this team they are one of the giants of Asian football consistent and full of quality all over the pitch. I have had the pleasure of going to Iran several times; the warmth of the people is what strikes you the most although I don’t think we will see this at the Azadi stadium !!"

http://stephenconstantine.com/blog/4...E-DRAW/9632711

Comment

Comment

Indian fans on the game against Iran

https://www.facebook.com/TheIndianFo...017377/?type=1

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                          Indian fans on the game against Iran

https://www.facebook.com/TheIndianFo...017377/?type=1
                          At least some of them are quite optimistic

I have been doing some research lately on some of the teams we are coming up against like India. The guy you mentioned has not capped for the Indian team yet and didn't play in the last WCQ against Nepal and doesn't seem certain to play against TM .

Apparently their best player is their captain. Sunil Chhetri has been named Indian Player of the Year four times in 2007, 2011, 2013 and 2014.

AFC Challenge Cup Most Valuable Player (1): 2008
                          Nehru Cup Top Scorer (1): 2012
                          SAFF Championship Top Scorer (1): 2011
                          SAFF Championship Player of the Tournament (1): 2011

Currently Chhetri is India's highest goal scorer with 45 goals in 77 international matches.

Comment

Shashi

Comment

if CQ still around by the time these games get underway, Id like to see TM practice more of the same game tactics as we played vs the Chile for the first 70min or so, and sorta vs Swedes..!!
                              push up the D line closer to MF and push more numbers into MF/Attack, Dramatically increase our Counter Attacking and want to see more Combinations in MF, rather than hoofing the ball up over the D all the time..!

Comment

Working...
                              X