This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw Ali Daei at "The Spot" Hookah restaurant over the weekend

theres a popular hookah joint owned by an Iranian in north of LA, called the valley (encino to be exact) and this place is always crowded no matter what day of the week. They have really good food too, probably the best barg of my life. Sat night i'm waiting outside for my table and i see none other than Ali Daei walking up on the phone i was like wtf...is that a look alike or is it really him? well it was him, i didnt bug him or take pics, i dont like bothering people with that stuff. he got a table, he was there with 1 other person.

question is what the hell is he doin in LA? and i guess he's not a coach anymore?

p.s. he's not as tall i expected him to be, did he shrink due to old age?

Yeah. I heard he was in town.

Comment

If you want great Bag or Soltani try Raffi's Place in Glendale.

To stay on subject, I ran into Khakpour at the Caspian restaurant in Irvine a long time ago. This was back in 2003-2004.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
        theres a popular hookah joint owned by an Iranian in north of LA, called the valley (encino to be exact) and this place is always crowded no matter what day of the week. They have really good food too, probably the best barg of my life. Sat night i'm waiting outside for my table and i see none other than Ali Daei walking up on the phone i was like wtf...is that a look alike or is it really him? well it was him, i didnt bug him or take pics, i dont like bothering people with that stuff. he got a table, he was there with 1 other person.

question is what the hell is he doin in LA? and i guess he's not a coach anymore?

p.s. he's not as tall i expected him to be, did he shrink due to old age?
        He's had a green card for at least 10 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
          probably the best barg of my life
          i'm in west valley and been going to the spot for years. but bro c'mon....

Comment

IM going to Raffis place next time Im in LA!!

Comment

A lot of the big footballers love to come to the states when they have the chance to. Daie, karimi, mahdavikia, etc. all come as to vacation here and what not, they have friends in NY and LA. If you were living in Iran I'm sure you'd want to go to both cities whenever u had the chance too
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                He's had a green card for at least 10 years now.
                Are u kidding ?? We were about to go to spot but went to Cabo cantina instead  Ajab shansi.
                They got an ok barg but the guac is deff the best thing on the menu

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post

To stay on subject, I ran into Khakpour at the Caspian restaurant in Irvine a long time ago. This was back in 2003-2004.
                  Raffi's is not as good as it once was. Try Nersses Vanak in Glendale on San Fernando Rd. It is much better food but Raffi's has a nicer place with the garden and all.

Comment

Originally posted by kia View Post
                    Raffi's is not as good as it once was. Try Nersses Vanak in Glendale on San Fernando Rd. It is much better food but Raffi's has a nicer place with the garden and all.
                    Never heard of the place. I'm gonna have to give it a try next time I'm in the area. Thanks for the recommendation, I'm always down for a good Soltani.

Comment

my friends bumped into him in San Diego as well last week

Comment

i ran into Del Piero and family at 3rd Street Prominade
                        "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by puddha View Post
                          i ran into Del Piero and family at 3rd Street Prominade
                          fukk i keep hearing about people running into him in santa monica but ive never seen him. it would be such a great feeling if i get to see him.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post

raffis is not as good as it once was and i had their barg, for some reason i like spot's...its so tender

khakpoor used to live in irvine, i thought he still was....he has some soccer teams too, i remember he was coaching some girl's team back in 2006

Comment

daei has a green card maybe a citizenship by now. he has been coming to US often since early 2000's. at one point when the housing market was good he had bought a house in Las Vegas that became a big deal in the newspapers in iran. good for him, he worked hard all his life and how enjoying the fruits of his labor.
                              IRI = FAILED

Comment

Working...
                              X