Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
    Ali Karimi not too smart?

He is literally the smartest footballer iran ever had. His main attribute was his passing and later his superb finishing. His dribbling were in fact a bit static and would not work that well versus world class defender.
    Why did he ,then, failed so misrably in Europe ?
    I do not believe,any one remembers him by his passings...all he is remembered is by dazzelling dribles,that often wasted too much time.....
    He never developed to a all around players,because he was not smart enough to know he needs to develope his game,nor did he know he needed consistancy.

Comment

How about the player that had captained the past 7 years? Nekounam is easily one of the best leaders we've ever had -- captained us to a memorable WC qualifying campaign, and in Brazil we put in some great performances and saw some amazing gheyrat that made up for an arguable lack of talent. That doesn't happen under any captain and any coach. Along with his 151 caps and 40 goals for TM, he's played some incredible seasons in Spain. And unlike Daei and Karimi, he's never screwed up team chemistry or caused any hashiye.
      It depends if you mean skill wise, leadership wise, talent wise, goal-scoring, etc., but if you amount all those qualities Nekounam should definitely be part of the convo

Comment

I'm surprised Jalal Hosseini hasn't been mentioned by anyone yet... He's a highly capped player and our most consistently performing defender since Rahman Rezaei and Golmo. Selfless, not one for the spotlight, and a decent scorer with his head, I think he is one of our best. Not the best, of course, I think that falls to Daei, Karimi, or Mahdavikia, etc
        sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt

Comment

The best footballer player, skill wise, without a doubt Karimi.

The most influential probably Daei (younger years.)

Comment

This is quite subjective, therefore my picks in order would be:

1-Daei (Constantly scoring goals like a scoring machine, even during his football decline years, and of course being top scorer of the world)
            2- Mahdavikia (For being the most consistent legionaire ever in the history of our football)
            3- Karimi (Although never been fond of his unfriendly and unpleasant personality, but still an amazing and gifted player)

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
              This is quite subjective, therefore my picks in order would be:

1-Daei (Constantly scoring goals like a scoring machine, even during his football decline years, and of course being top scorer of the world)
              2- Mahdavikia (For being the most consistent legionaire ever in the history of our football)
              3- Karimi (Although never been fond of his unfriendly and unpleasant personality, but still an amazing and gifted player)
              Sounds about right....
              4- Dejagah,
              5- Nekounam,
              6-Hasan Roshan.
              ....could be the following considerations.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of Fasa View Post
                I'm surprised Jalal Hosseini hasn't been mentioned by anyone yet... He's a highly capped player and our most consistently performing defender since Rahman Rezaei and Golmo. Selfless, not one for the spotlight, and a decent scorer with his head, I think he is one of our best. Not the best, of course, I think that falls to Daei, Karimi, or Mahdavikia, etc
                Jalal is clearly our best defender in history. He is incredible.
                Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Daei in attackers
                  Kia, Parvin, Ghelichkhani among midfielders
                  Hosseini in defenders
                  Abedzadeh & Hejazi in keepers

Comment

Working...
                  X