World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluegrey13 View Post
    Philippines beat Bahrain today and Misagh Bahadoran Half Filipino/Half iranian scored for philippines... https://instagram.com/p/3zubX6PMZl/
    this guy is a big TM fan...always commenting and liking TM pics on instagram
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
      Wow, pretty cool jubilant fans. I had no idea pilipinos were that much into football. It's always nice to see passionate football fans anywhere on this planet. I was actually pretty impressed with Maldives' fans too.
      Filipinos are Basketball crazy.

Comment

Misagh Bahadoran
        by Shiela Reyes, abs-cbnnews.com
        Posted at 06/23/2011 2:06 PM | Updated as of 06/24/2011 1:48 PM

MANILA, Philippines – For Azkals striker Misagh Bahadoran, school was his key to get into football.

The 24-year-old Filipino-Iranian said he had to prioritize his studies before he could get his father's permission to join the national team.

"They invited me to join the Philippine football team but because my fist priority was my school and college, my dad did not allow me to go," said Bahadoran.

With years of hard work in school, he earned his college degree and was finally allowed to join the Azkals.

"I just graduated as a dentist from the Centro Escolar University," said a beaming Bahadoran. "He (his father) then allowed me to play football."

Bahadoran maintained a good relationship with football ever since he was a boy.

"My brother was a very good football player. I used to play football with him so I've loved football back when I was 5, 6 years old," he said.

Now that he fulfilled his father's wishes, he's glad to fulfill his own.
        "My parents are happy with what I'm doing," he said.

Personal information

Name: Misagh Medina Bahadoran
        Birthday: January 10, 1987
        Birthplace: Mabalacat, Pampanga
        Position in the Azkals team: Left/ Right wing
        Start of football career: He's been playing since he was 7

Where's your mother/father from?
        My mom is Kapampangan. She's a Filipino and my dad is Iranian.

What leagues have you played in?
        I played for Kaya FC, after that I went to Global FC. I'm also a national futsal player since 2006 and I was 2-time top scorer of Southeast Asia. We also qualified in AFC in Japan.

What made you decide to join the team?
        I wanted to try Philippine football team which before was not Azkals in 2007. They invited me to join the Philippine football team but because my fist priority was my school and college, my dad did not allow me to go. But I just graduated as a dentist from the Centro Escolar University. He then allowed me to play football. They invited me, Dan Palami, manager of Global FC, same manager of the Azkals.

What's your pet peeve? What's the thing that you hate the most?
        When my dad or my parents keep on asking me 'Where are you? What are you doing? Why are you late?' I hate that.

What's the best thing you like about football?
        The thing I really love about football is the challenge and the winning because when we win, I really love it. People are screaming and my parents are happy with what I'm doing

Comment

Wow I wished Philippines could make it through to the next stage of WCQ.

But they will have to compete with the likes of Uzbekistan, North Korea and Bahrain.

Comment

CONCACAF 2nd round, 1st leg games all completed now

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 2 - 2 Guyana

Antigua and Barbuda 1 - 3 Saint Lucia

Puerto Rico 1 - 0 Grenada

Dominica 0 - 2 Canada

Comment

CONCACAF 2nd round, 1st leg games all completed now

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 2 - 2 Guyana

Antigua and Barbuda 1 - 3 Saint Lucia

Puerto Rico 1 - 0 Grenada

Dominica 0 - 2 Canada
              IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Yeah, the Cuba and El Salvador results were a bit unexpected, but they were both away games.

Comment

Still Iran is the most beautiful place on earth!

Comment

Yeah, the Cuba and El Salvador results were a bit unexpected, but they were both away games.
                    Actually Curacao should win against Cuba they are a much better team, their federation has done a great job tracking down all dutch pplayers with some ancestry so right they have some eredivisie and erstedivisie players,they are actually pretty good and will challenge for the hex if they beat Cuba. If they played Iraq they would give them a run for their money. Oh and their coach is Patrick Kluivert.

Comment

Patrick Kluivert is coaching Curacao and he has invited a lot players from the Netherlands with roots from Curacao so that explains a lot

Comment

Curacao just scored an away goal against Cuba, game is in minute 44 and they will qualify for the next round if they can hold on

Comment

Originally posted by irani1378 View Post
                          Curacao just scored an away goal against Cuba, game is in minute 44 and they will qualify for the next round if they can hold on
                          finished 1-1 but i think they knocked cuba out on away goal rules

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                            finished 1-1 but i think they knocked cuba out on away goal rules
                            yes they are through to the next round

Comment

Results from CONCACAF today:
                              FT - Cuba 1 v. 1 Curacao (Curacao advances on away goals)
                              FT - Belize 3 v. 0 Dominican Rep (Belize wins 5-1)
                              FT - Guyana 4 v. 4 St Vinc. and Gren. (St V & G advances on away goals)
                              FT - St Lucia 1 v. 4 Antingua and Berbuda (A & B wins 5-4)
                              FT - Barbados 1 v. Aruba (Barbados wins 3-0)

Comment

Working...
                              X