No announcement yet.

World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick note, Iraq has a good chance of not making the 3rd round after Thailand beat Vietnam!

If Thailand wins against Chinese Taipei which is almost guaranteed, they will strengthen their top position in the group while Iraq being quite far behind together with Vietnam only having one point more than the Vietnamese.

2022 WCQ can't come soon enough for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      Just a quick note, Iraq has a good chance of not making the 3rd round after Thailand beat Vietnam!

If Thailand wins against Chinese Taipei which is almost guaranteed, they will strengthen their top position in the group while Iraq being quite far behind together with Vietnam only having one point more than the Vietnamese.

Even though what happened in the AC was not their fault, they did play very dirty trying to injure Haghighi right before the Penalty Kicks.

Virtually the whole world agreed that they had no business being in the Semi-Finals.

Comment

I hate them more than the Saudis. Such boisterous and arrogant people that wish Iran's downfall - outside that fluke show in 2007, they haven't done anything for the past 20+ years.

Comment

Dude how the F_ _ _ is Syria doing so well in this qualifiers?!
          EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
            Dude how the F_ _ _ is Syria doing so well in this qualifiers?!
            Do you ask this because Syria is a war torn nation at the moment, or because you don't consider Syria good? Or both? I'm not judging just wondering.

I'm surprised they have topped their group as well. But when I remember their performance in the 2011 Asian Cup, those players playing with heart and determination. They didn't give up. I still remember the match vs Saudi Arabia, where they won 2-1. 2 crazy goals off of deflections but it was a sweet victory for them.

They got eliminated in the 2014 WCQ'ers because apparently they fielded an ineligible player. I forgot the player's name but he played in Iran for Mes Kerman for a while. So we didn't really see much from them in that campaign.

Now they seem to be rolling. Good for them. I hope it brings a glimpse of joy in the horror their people have to go through these days.
            Last edited by teammelli91; 10-16-2015, 03:16 AM.

Comment

LOL arogh!!!!!!!!
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
                Do you ask this because Syria is a war torn nation at the moment, or because you don't consider Syria good? Or both? I'm not judging just wondering.
                Because their country is war torn. There is literally hell in Syria and yet these players find the motivation and heart to play football to represent their country. Yet, so many other countries with more resources and peace of mind cannot replicate Syria performance.

I want to know how in the world Syria football federation is running all these. Just look at all the friendlies they have played this past year.
                EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Afghanistan - Cambodia to be played in Takhti Stadium, Tehran

Comment

I think its due to the fact that they dont play in Syria. They have beaten Afghanistan, Cambodia, and Singapore. Not the best opposition but they try.

For younger members, Syria has always been at the level of an average Arab nation. They are almost on par with a Kuwait/Lebanon.

Comment

Apparently FIFA has scheduled a single game for tomorrow.

Nov 5
                      Palestine - KSA 6:00 AM PST

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                        Apparently FIFA has scheduled a single game for tomorrow.
                        Nov 5
                        Palestine - KSA 6:00 AM PST
                        FIFA is truly disgusting. They allowed KSA to play the game in Jordan instead of Palestine.
                        If this was TM, FIFA would have banned us for 40 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          FIFA is truly disgusting. They allowed KSA to play the game in Jordan instead of Palestine.

I totally disagree!
                          I think it would have been 26 years!
                          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

And it seems because of this, the game has been postponed till the 9th. I don't know what FIFA is thinking because according to their site, Palestine also has a game against Malaysia 3 days later.

I have never seen FIFA have a team play WCQs 3 days apart.

Comment

Palestine vs Saudi Arabia tomorrow in Jordan

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Full-time: Palestine 0:0 Saudi Arabia

Comment

Working...
                                X