Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
    Since when are there two countries called Russia
    Guessing these are future projections based on a full Russian invasion of Ukraine!

Comment

Since when are there two countries called Russia
      Lol, that was an obvious mistake. I meant Croatia, not sure how it ended up as Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
        Lol, that was an obvious mistake. I meant Croatia, not sure how it ended up as Russia.
        Wow... it must have a hidden meaning.

Croatia starts with C.
        C is the third letter in the alphabet.
        A triangle has three sides....

... OMG

Comment

Wow... it must have a hidden meaning.

Croatia starts with C.
          C is the third letter in the alphabet.
          A triangle has three sides....

... OMG
          Yup, Illuminati confirmed

Comment

Not really related to Iran but Zhang Xizhe who went to VfL Wolfsburg is transferred back to his Chinese team without having played a single game. I guess it was purely for commercial reasons to buy him.
            I didn't know there is a big Chinese population in Germany...
            We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
              Yup, Illuminati confirmed
              NWO reptilian conspiracy!

Comment

World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Originally posted by Javeed View Post
                I didn't know there is a big Chinese population in Germany...
                Stop constantly quoting me creep.

Comment

Stop constantly quoting me creep.

Very mature...

I did the research.
                  According to a study in 2013, there are 107,000 Chinese people living in Germany.
                  If you take the current population of 80,716,000 (2014), that would give you a percentage of 0.1 of the population.
                  So I don't think it was necessarily for publicity as there aren't enough Chinese people in Germany to make a huge dividend in the profits of the club.
                  He probably wasn't good enough

While if we considered a situation where an Iranian player went and played for LA Galaxy, that would make more sense for financial prosperity of the club.
                  There are about 400,000 Iranians in LA and the population of the city is almost 4 millions people.
                  Thus 1/10th of the population is Iranian and would probably come out in huge droves to see the Iranian player at LA galaxy.
                  We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

^ ajab...cool

Comment

Preliminary draw for World Cup in 7 hours.

8 am PT on Fox Sports 1

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Very mature...

I did the research.
                        According to a study in 2013, there are 107,000 Chinese people living in Germany.
                        If you take the current population of 80,716,000 (2014), that would give you a percentage of 0.1 of the population.
                        So I don't think it was necessarily for publicity as there aren't enough Chinese people in Germany to make a huge dividend in the profits of the club.

While if we considered a situation where an Iranian player went and played for LA Galaxy, that would make more sense for financial prosperity of the club.
                        There are about 400,000 Iranians in LA and the population of the city is almost 4 millions people.
                        Thus 1/10th of the population is Iranian and would probably come out in huge droves to see the Iranian player at LA galaxy.
                        You're just so cute with your studies and copy/pasting Javeed Joonam Pesareh Gol, you are soooo right, but Kiarash wasn't referencing the transfer being a result of Wolfsburg trying to cater to some large Chinese demo in that city or country. Rather, he was meaning that the Chinese league (and industries and government) are incentivizing better leagues to buy their players to make their football seem more powerful.

It's like Barcelona signing a Qatari player (since they are sponsored by Qatar Airways). Next, you may want to Google the Qatari population in the Catalan region of Spain, but rest assured my good friend Javeed, pesareh golham. There isn't a huge Qatari population in Spain. Rather, they would sign such a player for economic reasons.

That is what Kiarash was implying. I know it is really difficult to understand. His comment took me a good 4-5 hours to really figure out, as it was so complicated, but thank you again for your beautiful and bountiful offering of factoids and random meaningless numbers.

My day on PFDC wouldn't have been made without you posting that.

Oh, and I love you Javeed Let's run away together.

Comment

Very mature...

I did the research.

Same as Effat said and this also

If you have some basic knowledge about football business and Iranian relations you could avoid this comment.

1. Buying Chinese player could have cause Chinese TV stations to buy German sport program (air time rights) and possibly brings Chinese advertisement. China has the highest population on earth and buying Shirt business will be lucrative deal for the German club. Finally, it doesn't matter how many Chinese live in Germany, what matter is how many Chinese live in Euro zone (visa free) and how many are traveling as tourists and willing to watch a football match in Germany.

2. Iran and US has no relations and obtaining a working permit (visa) in US has been always a pain in the butt for Iranian players and the American clubs. That is why many Iranians or American clubs avoid this.

Comment

Confirmed that the intercontinental playoff for the 5th place team in Asia will play the 4th place team in CONCACAF. Huge opportunity for Asia as any of Iran, Uzbekistan, China, Saudi, UAE etc would have a chance against Jamaica/Trinidad/Honduras

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                              Confirmed that the intercontinental playoff for the 5th place team in Asia will play the 4th place team in CONCACAF. Huge opportunity for Asia as any of Iran, Uzbekistan, China, Saudi, UAE etc would have a chance against Jamaica/Trinidad/Honduras
                              true but we must go through stright

Comment

Sweden, France and Holland! Group of total awesomeness!

Comment

Working...
                                X