No announcement yet.

World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching Australia-UAE, and I really don't see the hype around OAR. He is a great flopper, but he is not a huge improvement on our Khalatbari. Very similar styles, but the guy is so easily dispossessed. I think people saw a handful of games where this guy was in form, and have assumed that is his normal quality. He's not very good, if I'm being honest. Has some good passes, and tries to be technical, but I'd take Ashkan over this guy any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
      Watching Australia-UAE, and I really don't see the hype around OAR. He is a great flopper, but he is not a huge improvement on our Khalatbari. Very similar styles, but the guy is so easily dispossessed. I think people saw a handful of games where this guy was in form, and have assumed that is his normal quality. He's not very good, if I'm being honest. Has some good passes, and tries to be technical, but I'd take Ashkan over this guy any day of the week.
      Such a good point. Never thought about it cause people are always too busy comparing him to Azmoun. So true!
      Last edited by pres80; 03-28-2017, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
        In addition to your post, UAE is a pretty overhyped team as well. Had a lucky run in the Asian Cup 2015 and a good start during this qualifiers, but they are falling apart now.

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
          Such a good point. Never thought about t cause people are always to busy comparing him to Azmoun. So true!
          Ashkan is a snubnosed, hammerhead bulldog type player. He may have his weak moments, but he isn't made of glass like OAR. OAR literally falls on every light contact. Draws some fouls, sure, but also has lost possession and caused breakaways several times.

Comment

Haha holy shit what a mis by Trousi! 😂😂

Comment

Who is willing to bet that we would beat Australia? They look so beatable.

Australia just scored the 2-0 against a weak UAE side.

They scored their 2 goals both from corners.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                Who is willing to bet that we would beat Australia? They look so beatable.

Australia just scored the 2-0 against a weak UAE side.

They scored their 2 goals both from corners.
                To be honest I feel almost sorry for UAE, it's been pretty one sided but AUS scored from two corners. Not undeserved but they probably don't deserve to be down 2-0.

Comment

Japan already up 1-0 vs. Thailand

Comment

If Australia wins their next home game in June against Saudi Arabia hopefully, the 8-0'ers will drop to the 3rd spot of the group.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                      If Australia wins their next home game in June against Saudi Arabia hopefully, the 8-0'ers will drop to the 3rd spot of the group.
                      excellent news is good time also, saudi players will be weak since is ramadan, even though they will not be fasting but thier eneregy level will be low

Comment

song hue min playing now,stadium is barely even half

Comment

draw will be great

Comment

Korea scores.
                            Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

and korea score 1-0 i think its the first 3-4 mins

Comment

Saudis will finish third in their group behind Australia n Japan

But they have a good chance to beat our group's third and also the 4th place finisher of the concacaf
                                In the intercontinental playoff series

Comment

Working...
                                X