World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
    is so funny, iran is safe for aus and iraq to play in there, but not safe for saudi to come and play in iran, is a joke, pure pure joke
    Because we did not attack their embassy, burned down the flag and the whole building.
    I know that it became "En Vogue" after the revolution to attack embassies, but we have to always keep in mind that this is like a declarition of war.

This was off-topic. But sometimes my beloved iranians forget some facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Homa View Post
      Because we did not attack their embassy, burned down the flag and the whole building.
      I know that it became "En Vogue" after the revolution to attack embassies, but we have to always keep in mind that this is like a declarition of war.

I know but afc and FIFA need to consider the proper measures

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
        I know but afc and FIFA need to consider the proper measures
        When Ehsan Singapore uses fancy English 😍😍😍

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Homa View Post

If FIFA was a just place, sure I would agree with you. But their punishments are not even handed and applied equally, so they can go f*** themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
            When Ehsan Singapore uses fancy English 😍😍😍

lol
            Honestly all I care about is for tm to win we win tommorow I promise we are in russia

Comment

tim_cahill
              Unbelievable to experience different countries. To think that I'll be seeing snow in this part of the World 🌎 was a big surprise. The views from our hotel in IRAN 🇮🇷 are amazing.
              https://www.instagram.com/p/BR7svBXhYyp/

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                tim_cahill
                Unbelievable to experience different countries. To think that I'll be seeing snow in this part of the World 🌎 was a big surprise. The views from our hotel in IRAN 🇮🇷 are amazing.
                https://www.instagram.com/p/BR7svBXhYyp/
                It amazes me how dumb people are in the world in regards to geography.
                Iran is more than 70% mountains and elevations from 1000-2000 meters, Of course it snows!

I would love to visit iran during nowruz or snowy months sometime! I never get too because of university class times.
                Last edited by KeonKish; 03-22-2017, 02:00 PM.
                AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

World Cup qualifier: No Tehran bedlam for Socceroos 20 years on

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-2...ars-on/8377468

Gelis recalls a picture of pure bedlam, and distinctly remembers supporters throwing hundreds of bread rolls onto the pitch because word had spread they had brought their own chef - something the Iranians interpreted as a swipe at their own food and culture.

"Back then there were rats in the kitchen of the hotel we stayed in that night.

"There was no methodical planning, it was all about the finances."

No expenses are spared these days, with the Socceroos holed up in a glitzy five-star hotel in Tehran's north.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                    World Cup qualifier: No Tehran bedlam for Socceroos 20 years on

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-2...ars-on/8377468

Gelis recalls a picture of pure bedlam, and distinctly remembers supporters throwing hundreds of bread rolls onto the pitch because word had spread they had brought their own chef - something the Iranians interpreted as a swipe at their own food and culture.

"Back then there were rats in the kitchen of the hotel we stayed in that night.

"There was no methodical planning, it was all about the finances."

No expenses are spared these days, with the Socceroos holed up in a glitzy five-star hotel in Tehran's north.
                    Gelis is an idiot, because literally none of that happened back then.
                    Although the Ozzies, not only bought their own chef, they bought their own water - which was a huge swipe considering at that time Tehran still had really good clean water.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      Although the Ozzies, not only bought their own chef, they bought their own water - which was a huge swipe considering at that time Tehran still had really good clean water.
                      I hope they enjoyed the food while watching the 1998 world cup at home.
                      "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        water in tehran still tastes really good, like snowmelt.
                        its nice and Tagari.
                        way better than the shit we get here in socal

im not aware of its contamination or not? but at least in the northern parts of the city it seemed fine.
                        Last edited by KeonKish; 03-22-2017, 02:00 PM.
                        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Taremi loses lots of chances but he is a good ball winner. Interesting note is that last time when he was taken out and Gucci came in we were stronger in the offense. I think CQ uses him
                          as a sub to JB. If he starts it is because the midfield needs his help. Otherwise both Amiri and JB play better in the wings. I wonder why Sasan Ansari is invited. I have feeling that
                          he may get a role.
                          I don't want to enter in this line up discussion but if it was me I would use Ghafori and Ramin in the right and Mohammadi and Haj safi in the left make it difficult for Qataris to come close from left and right. Then I would use both Azmoun and Gucci opfront. Simply 4-1-3-2. Ansai would be appropriate sub for Gucci and AF for Azmoun.

Comment

"Socceroos' Tehran return revives memories of Iran heartbreak

This year marks 20 years since Australia last played in Tehran and the Socceroos' return to the Middle Eastern city has revived painful memories of the infamous 1998 World Cup qualifiers against Iran.

But for Alex Tobin, who wore the captain's armband in those fateful matches in 1997, and Mark Bosnich, who was in goals, it has brought all the painful memories flooding back.

“It’ll always hurt," Tobin admits.

Tobin led the side as they faced Iran over two legs, the first taking place in front of a mammoth crowd of 128,000 crammed into the Azadi Stadium, 18,000 more than the ground’s capacity.

“We went out for the pre-match to have a look at the pitch and plenty of us we’re saying ‘that’s why we play, for this moment’," Tobin recalled.

"It wasn’t a sort of daunting or scary crowd or anything like that. Obviously they were as passionate as anybody but really it was just a matter of professional players loving those occasions.”

Australia took the lead in the 19th minute after a 19-year old Harry Kewell beat the offside trap to score his first international goal and send the Azadi Stadium into silence.

“I think with the exception of two people who were Australian supporters, the entire 128,000 were generally Iranians, so there wasn’t much noise going on,” Tobin said......

....But the Iranians struck back in the 39th minute, Khodadad Azizi lunging in at the near post to put the ball past Bosnich. At 1-1 the ground erupted.

“It was like a roar that you’d never heard in your life,” Bosnich recalls.

“It was obviously the biggest crowd I’d ever played in front of.".......

......According to Bosnich, the Socceroos simply “threw it away”.

“A lot of people argue that we created enough but we just weren’t good enough to take advantage of the chances that we created,” the 45-year old says.

“Two-nil, 20 minutes to go and to be fair to the Iranians, they were warriors. They refused to give in. Away from home many teams would have given up – they didn’t.""

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...ran-heartbreak

Comment

Huge respect for Bosnich. He's always been very respectful and fair towards Iranians and TM

Comment

Must Ben painful for Aussie to come for this game in Tehran after what happen to them so long ago

Comment

Working...
                                X