TM - All time Dream Team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TM - All time Dream Team.

I thought we have a break from tense discussions and have some fun.

Lets imagine all TM players in history are at their prime, select your favourite line up!
    (whatver formation you prefer, whether the TM's classic 4-2-4 of 70ies lol, or TM's 4-4-2 of 80ies, or 3-5-2 or 90ies.. whatever...)

here would be mine, with lots of hard time crossing many great names to select only 11:
    (its tougher than I thought, I have to make a long list of honoury mention and subs)

---------------------------------Nasser Hejazi-----------------------------------

--Rahman Rezaei--Mostapha Arab (C)---Mohammad Panjali---Mehdi Pashazadeh---

---Mehdi Mahdavikia-----Parviz Ghlichkhani-------Ali Parvin------Ali Karimi--------

----------------------Hassan Rowshan--------Ali Daei---------------------------

coach: Tomislav Ivic

honoury mention field players and subs:
    Majid Namjoo Motlagh, Khodadad Azizi, Ando Teymourian, Farshad Pious, Hamid Derakhshan, Shahkhrokh Bayani, Safar Iranpak, Hamid Shirzadegan, Hossein kalani, Vahid Hashemian, Karo Haghverdian, Jalal Hosseini, Sirous Ghayeghran, Homayun Behjzadi, Ali Jabbari, Mohammad Khakpour, Karim Bagheri, Javad Nekounam.

honoury mention Goalkeepres and subs:
    Ahmad Reza Abedzadeh, Aziz Asli, Behrouz Soltani.

honoury mention coaches:
    Frank O'Farell, Heshmat Mohajerani, Miroslav Blazevic, Carlos Queiroz, Mahmoud Bayati, Mohammad Ranjbar, Hossein Fekri, Zdravko Rajkov.

special honoury mention:
    Mojahed Khaziravi! The kid had talent! his private life is none of anyone's business! As Blazevic said, he could have become better than Ronaldo. Ff they would have let him play!

PS: whatever name I might have forgotten (for sure I did) pls add in your honoury mentions as well.... too hard, and too unfair to select only 11.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Abedzadeh - Kaebi, Hosseini, Rezaei, Minavand - Teymourian, Nekounam - Mahdavikia, Karimi, Nikbakht - Daei

Coach: Queiroz

Comment

^
      you know I had a hard time chosing between CQ and Ivic, still do!... I guess I took IVIC out of anger towards IFF firing him (statistically and title-wise, after Trappatoni the most succesful club coach in football history) without any official game with Iran!?!

also I had a tough time leaving Azizi out, I could put him in with a 3-4-3 formation, but I could never cross those defenders out, and I also don't like 3 men defence in general...

your line up, with players at their prime, is awesome too.

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Naser Hejazi
        Ebrahim Ashtiani-Parviz Ghelichkhani-Rahman Rezaei-Andranik Eskandarian
        Mehdi MahdaviKia-Ali Parvin-Ali Karimi
        Ashkan Dejagah-Ali Daei-Hassan Roshan

Karimi, Parvin, Ghelichkhani, Roshan, Kia, Daei, Dejagah, Hejazi are Iran's top 8 players of all time in this order.

Dejagah? How many players in Iran's history have been starters in two of world's top 3 leagues consistently and effectively? Can move up if he wins a meaningful title for Iran.

Reserves:

Ahmad Abedzadeh (could have replaced Hejazi but did not win anything meaningful for us, Hejazi did .... many of them)

Hassan Nazari (would have passed Ashtiani if not for revolution, a perfect RB both defensively and offensively),

Jalal Hosseini (could not place him for either CB up there, one played in Serie A the other one of Iran's top 3 all time player that could play both CM and CB),

Mohammad Panjali (One of the most complete CB in our history, play maker and a leader and a solid defender),

Mehrdad Pouladi (how many players you can name that have stopped World's best player in his time and in world cup stage),

Karim Bagheri (scoring machine at his prime, his speed brought him down to second list),

Javad Nekunam (Consistently played in one of top European league, great TM leader of his time),

Abdolali Changiz (fastest and most dangerous winger we ever had),

Naser Mohammadkhani (most technical and dangerous winger we ever had),

Sardar Azmoun (how many players at his age have had this many cap in European league? soon and with his trend he'll be one of our best ever),

Khoadad Azizi (dangerous and technical, troubles kept him down the list)

coach: carlos Queiroz (no question here)

Missed the list: rahmati, kaabi, Nasrollah abdollahi, ando, hashemian, derakhshan, barzegari, kalani, ali jabbari, alidoosti
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
        Go IRAN!

Comment

I am a believer of ,..the most currant the best...as the level of football has advanced considerably..........yet, there are few exceptions.
          Team A
          ....................... Hejazi...................
          .Mahdavikia,Hossani,Ghelich,Eskandarian.
          ....Dejagah......Karimi......Nikbakht....
          ..... Azmoon.......Daei.......Roshan....
          .................................................. .
          Coach : CQ
          ".........
          team B
          ..................Mansour Rashidi........
          .Nasrolah Abdullahi...
          .Jafar Kashani...
          . Kazorani.
          .Hajrahimipour.
          "..............
          .Taimoorian.
          .Parvin.
          .Nekonam.
          .Hashemian.
          .Gholamhossain Mazloomi.
          .Khodad Azizi.
          coach : Raykov
          Last edited by zzgloo; 02-24-2015, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Interesting to see Nikbakht picked over likes of Mindavand and Eiraj Danaiefard by couple of people.

Comment

Iraj Danaifard,,,was a good player,but not so versatile...mostly,very good left foot dribbler.... Very similar to Mohamad reza Adelkhani....
              Nikbakh on his prime,was very agressive,and could do every thing..heading high, shots from afar,dribbling,running fast, acrobatics, etc,etc...he had the killer instinct......
              in my opinion,ofcouse,nothing more.
              Last edited by zzgloo; 02-23-2015, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mansoor View Post
                Karimi, Parvin, Ghelichkhani, Roshan, Kia, Daei, Dejagah, Hejazi are Iran's top 8 players of all time in this order.
                Mine would be the same extended to ten with inclusion of Khodadad Azizi and Rahman Rezaei.

I agree with you on Dejagah, I didnt put him on my list (yet) as I know I can see more from him and had hesitations to put him on the list (yet).

coachwise as I said I struggle between Queiroz and Ivic. I guess they were the top 3 along with Heshmat Mohajerani.
                I am tending (now) to give the cutting edge to Queiroz...

Comment

I don't have time to pick all 11 now, but for me, in their prime, Abedzadeh and Ghayeghran (C) would definitely be in the lineup, as well as Mehdi Fonoonizadeh and Namjoo-Motlagh. Think of the 1990 Asian Games team.
                  sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Although,Raykov was never the team melli coach.....but,in my opinion,he was the most influential coach in iranian history.....he changed Iranian football.
                    He brought international system,and developed so many stars on his own..
                    Last edited by zzgloo; 02-24-2015, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
                      Although,Raykov was never the team melli coach.....but,in my opinion,he was the most influential coach in iranian history.....he changed Iranian football.
                      He brought international system,and developed so many stars on his own..
                      actually he was TM coach for a very short period time. I think simultanously when he coached TAJ he took charge of TM for a short period of time.

Comment

Working...
                      X