X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nagas he jahan stadium is going on 20 years and still not built

What a dicgrace

Comment

The most modern stadium in Iran is located in..

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
      Nagas he jahan stadium is going on 20 years and still not built

What a dicgrace
      Standard IR.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
        To be completed in 2090.
        Keep dreaming.
        Exactly. After everyone has stolen and bribed the sh*t out of this project, it will be another Naghse Jahan which until 2010 was supposed to be the best stadium in Iran...now it's just a pile of rubble waiting to be completed.
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I'm sorry, but it's soooooooooooooo STUPID to name an Iranian stadium after a religious figure - of Arabic descent if I may add!!!

If you really have to name it after a person, there have been so many great IRANIAN Iranian athletes, scientists, poets, etc. who have actually contributed something positive to Iran in the past 1000 years. Examples: Ferdosi Stadium, Akhavan/Sales Stadium, Heshmat/Mohajerani Stadium.

Otherwise, stadiums should either be built/sponsored by the private sector and adopt the name of their sponsor/builder or be something relevant to the geographical landscape of the area. Examples: Tus Stadium, Shandiz Stadium, Razavi Stadium, etc.

Plus, isn't there already an Emam Reza Stadium in Tehran?!

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
            I'm sorry, but it's soooooooooooooo STUPID to name an Iranian stadium after a religious figure - of Arabic descent if I may add!!!

If you really have to name it after a person, there have been so many great IRANIAN Iranian athletes, scientists, poets, etc. who have actually contributed something positive to Iran in the past 1000 years. Examples: Ferdosi Stadium, Akhavan/Sales Stadium, Heshmat/Mohajerani Stadium.

Otherwise, stadiums should either be built/sponsored by the private sector and adopt the name of their sponsor/builder or be something relevant to the geographical landscape of the area. Examples: Tus Stadium, Shandiz Stadium, Razavi Stadium, etc.

Estadiom-e-Alie Daei toopeh dadash

Comment

Technically it's not located anywhere and given the scandal involving the Masshadi company, I wonder if it will ever be finished.

I imagine Foolad's in currently the most modern.
              راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

foolad stadium progress, photos from 3 months ago.
                this will probably complete vaghte gole ney.
                http://fans.fooladfc.ir/show-topic/4...B4%D9%88%D8%B1

Comment

^i'm talking about their current stadium, Ghadir. It was completed last year or the year before.

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
                    ^i'm talking about their current stadium, Ghadir. It was completed last year or the year before.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post

In my opinion all sport arenas should be named after a famous person in that particular sport. eg. for football stadium use names of past footballers, managers or referees.

For Mashhad, for instance as you said Mohajerani Stadium or Khodadad Azizi Stadium. Baku's main stadium is called Tofig Bahramov Stadium who was a world famous referee from Baku during the Soviet period. Ali Daei Stadium is located in Ardabil.

Takhti Stadiums should all be renamed because Takhti was a wrestler not a footballer.

Comment

Actually there's lots of construction going on all over Iran.

At this point Iran is now one of the largest concrete producers in the world, Steel is mined and produced inside Iran. Etc. Etc.
                        Iran is totally self sufficient when it comes to construction.

Reg. stadia, here's a thread on a great site to check out if you are interested in Iranian infrastructure, architecture, construction etc.:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...521784&page=95

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                          foolad stadium progress, photos from 3 months ago.
                          this will probably complete vaghte gole ney.
                          I actually went and visited it around 3 months ago. A bit out of the way. It looks like it is being built on land belonging to Foolad Khoozestan (The Steel Producer) as it is around all the manfacturing areas for Foolad. At the time I was there they were working on reinforcing and concreting the base of the light towers.

I must say the facilities are pretty awesome. There was an entire indoor training pitch with the most number of air conditioners I have ever seen in the one place. The weather in Ahvaz is atrocious so I imagine most of their time is spent training in this indoor field.

EDIT: Upon looking at the artist impression of the finished photo I see there is no light tower. No F'ing idea what they were doing in that case . Maybe it is the area where those spiral ramps are that they were working on.

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                            Unfortunately, we are also very self sufficient in bribery, scandal, cheating, and stealing as well...not much on the competence and honesty end though.

Originally posted by rugs View Post
                            In that case, I believe Foolad Shahr Stadium is the most modern and well designed stadium for its size. Outside of the major city with easy high way access, overlooking a nice view and sheltered by the mountains from serious weather concerns. The concept is nice as well as the fans are close enough to the play but far away to cause disruptions with stupid taragheh bazi. With a 30,000 seat capacity it isn't too bad of a venue either.

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
                            In my opinion all sport arenas should be named after a famous person in that particular sport. eg. for football stadium use names of past footballers, managers or referees.
                            Agreed. We have like 10 different Takhti Stadiums in Iran from the one in Esfahan to Anzali...to bad most are old but better than nothing.
                            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                              In that case, I believe Foolad Shahr Stadium is the most modern and well designed stadium for its size. Outside of the major city with easy high way access, overlooking a nice view and sheltered by the mountains from serious weather concerns. The concept is nice as well as the fans are close enough to the play but far away to cause disruptions with stupid taragheh bazi. With a 30,000 seat capacity it isn't too bad of a venue either.
                              C'mon now, is someone being a little biased?

You can't even compare the two. I need to find that Navad episode where they go around and show all the stadiums.

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                                Actually there's lots of construction going on all over Iran.
                                At this point Iran is now one of the largest concrete producers in the world, Steel is mined and produced inside Iran. Etc. Etc.
                                That makes IR look even worse. When you have most of the necessary material available and it still takes you 20 times longer than most other countries to finish projects like this it only proves your incompetence, laziness and corruption.

The problem with the morons in charge is they're not just inept, but also insanely corrupt and indifferent about their responsibilities. If they were doing all they could but just didn't have the competence, we could at least give them some credit. But the problem is that apart from their ineptitude they also don't give a crap about anything that doesn't help their own direct interests. Having a modern stadium versus an old crappy one doesn't put much money in their pockets, but it does require effort and also money that could be easily embezzled instead of spent on finishing the project. That's why in a country that is supposedly "self-sufficient" in construction, building a simple average stadium takes as long as building an entire goddamn city.

Comment

Working...
                                X