No announcement yet.

The most modern stadium in Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't they for once build a stadium without tracks?

Comment

^My guess is having tacks around the pitch makes it easier to control the crowds. And IR is OBSESSED with controlling crowds. In fact if they were half as obsessed with modernization as they are with control, Iran today would make Japan and Germany look like medieval villages.

Comment

We have the knowlegde to build really impressive buildings and stadiums, but for some reason they prefer everything to be cheap. Even though there are many stadiums under construction none of them are good except the new foolad staadium (Private Stadium).
        Instead of building modern facilities they keep implementing the same old designs and they are surprised when no fans show up. Imagine naghshe jahan stadium when it is ready... the seats are located 1 km away from the pitch = not very exciting to watch a game from that distance.
        My favourite stadium under construction right now is the New Zenit Stadum in Russia

Comment

On another note, this is being built in Baghdad

Comment

The most modern stadium in Iran is located in..

Originally posted by majidmir View Post

Pretty nice for a team who will never make the World Cup

Comment

Once Foolad's stadium is finished I think TM can even go and practice there and play some of their games there.

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
                C'mon now, is someone being a little biased?

You can't even compare the two. I need to find that Navad episode where they go around and show all the stadiums.
                Been to both stadiums during practice sessions (no fans) and matches. Not even a comparison. For a 30,000 seater, foolad shahr is the best one in Iran...built in 1998 it's still relatively modern. I do dislike how sometimes Sepahan and Zob officials put up these fences between the fans and the pitch...but that's the price to pay for no track and having idiot fans from Esfahan and various other visiting cities who want to start sh*t....

Look at how intimate the fans at FS are with the stadium and game...they are right there...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foolad_...ile:Panae3.jpg

Ghadir is a 50,000 seater with a track around it...I am taking everything into consideration including location, accessibility, seating ect ect...Ghadir is a cookie cutter stadium in the PGL...
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by majidmir View Post

Built with Iranian money.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                    Why can't they for once build a stadium without tracks?
                    Foolad Shahr Stadium...capacity 30,000, no tracks, built in 1998. Again Foolad Shahr is the only recent stadium built in Iran as a pure footballing venue.
                    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                      ^
                      This photo will be used for the next 10 years to show the progress of the most modern stadium in Iran. :-)

Comment

^
                        Unlike Ghadir stadium which belong to City ( took 17 years) , Foulad is building OWN stadium and it won't take that long.

Comment

Originally posted by amingp3 View Post
                          Once Foolad's stadium is finished I think TM can even go and practice there and play some of their games there.
                          That would be so cool if TM played in Ahvaz. I hope, if it happens that it will be around a time I am there or that there is plenty of notice and I will plan to be there for the game.

Comment

Comment

I read once this stadium will be a copy carbon of the Arena of Amsterdam.

But still, seeing the renders, that's better than nothing.

Comment

Wow! What a great presentation and animation for Foolad stadium! Really worth watching!

Looks like the stadium will have a great high tech pitch and lighting!

One question as someone who's into city planning, how will the visitors cross the highway to get to the parking lots on the other side? I assume underpaths?

Comment

Working...
                                X