No announcement yet.

AFC Champions League 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incredibly tough opponents for our teams.

The best two teams from KSA, this will be intense.

Comment

So the UAE teams play each other, and the Qatari teams play each other, and then Its Iran vs Saudi.

Well one thing is certain, if either PP or Naft make it through, we can bet on them to make it to the final since the next two rounds will be relatively easier than Al Hilal or Al Ahli KSA.

Al Ain is the next best team.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
        So the UAE teams play each other, and the Qatari teams play each other, and then Its Iran vs Saudi.

Well one thing is certain, if either PP or Naft make it through, we can bet on them to make it to the final since the next two rounds will be relatively easier than Al Hilal or Al Ahli KSA.

Al Ain is the next best team.
        Are they really? Is it just because of the 3-0 victory vs Naft?

We have incredibly tough opponents, but even if we would face very weak clubs in the next stage, don't be so sure that we'll advance, nothing is sure with Iranian teams

Comment

Too bad, West and East teams doesn't play each other from the round 16. An UAE/UAE and Qatar/Qatar match this soon is dumb

IMO :

- round 16 : a draw should occur, the 4 1st of West groups should be drawn against the 4 2nd of East group and vice versa.
          - quarters and semis : a draw should occur, anybody can be drawn with anybody.
          - final : only in one leg. You don't have second chance when you play at world cup, in asian cup, in club world cup.

Other notice :

- I am amazed to see UAE, Qatar, Saudi play a decent passing play while we struggle to do the same (it is obvious passing isn't in iranians players DNA), always prefering a useless dribble (that put the players and the team in diffuclty) instead of an obvious pass. Dejagah is the best example at TM level.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post

We have incredibly tough opponents, but even if we would face very weak clubs in the next stage, don't be so sure that we'll advance, nothing is sure with Iranian teams
            Haha, very true! Iranian football is a highly random process, both on and off the field
            Humans of Tabriz | Humans of Tehran | Humans of Ardebil | Humans of Isfahan | Humans of Shiraz | Humans of Yazd

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
              Too bad, West and East teams doesn't play each other from the round 16. An UAE/UAE and Qatar/Qatar match this soon is dumb

IMO :

- round 16 : a draw should occur, the 4 1st of West groups should be drawn against the 4 2nd of East group and vice versa.
              - quarters and semis : a draw should occur, anybody can be drawn with anybody.
              - final : only in one leg. You don't have second chance when you play at world cup, in asian cup, in club world cup.

Other notice :

- I am amazed to see UAE, Qatar, Saudi play a decent passing play while we struggle to do the same (it is obvious passing isn't in iranians players DNA), always prefering a useless dribble (that put the players and the team in diffuclty) instead of an obvious pass. Dejagah is the best example at TM level.
              passing is not in our DNA's every irooni that plays soccer knows this! myself included! you have a player open on the right but decide to take them on lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Other notice :

This is because short passing isnt in our footballing culture. If you label football Pre-CQ and Post-CQ neither period had expansive passing games. For coaches before CQ we were reliant on playmakers to go on a 2-3 man dribble and feed the ball to a striker and score or setpieces. For CQ its just set pieces and quick counters. But slowly passing, patiently between Centerbacks/Midfield/Strikers has never been a staple of football for us.

I'm annoyed by it too because I grew up playing with people from Latin America and all they know is Tiki Taka and playmaking. The only way to fix it is to have coaches voluntarily change their tactics to include a passing game, which is impossible.

Comment

I did some Wikipedia analysis and found that:
                  Of the Iranian clubs, 88% of the goals were scored by Iranians

Of the Saudi clubs, 63% of the goals were scored by Saudis

Of the UAE clubs, 40% of the goals were scored by emiratis

Of the Qatari clubs, 33% of the goals were scored by qataris

So basically iran got the same amount of teams in the next round as these countries even though they were much more domestic based. 2.5x the amount of the UAE clubs, more the 2x the amount of Qatari clubs and 25% more than Saudi clubs. If we had the foreign players these Arabs clubs have, we'd be absolutely dominating since our domestic non tm players can be pretty competitive. But haters can keep hatin.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post

Well, if either one survives Al Ahli or Al Hilal, Al Ain would be the next best team they could possibly face.

Remember they don't meet anyone from the East till the final- which at this point is almost guaranteed to be another Korean club again.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post

So basically iran got the same amount of teams in the next round as these countries even though they were much more domestic based. 2.5x the amount of the UAE clubs, more the 2x the amount of Qatari clubs and 25% more than Saudi clubs. If we had the foreign players these Arabs clubs have, we'd be absolutely dominating since our domestic non tm players can be pretty competitive. But haters can keep hatin.
                      Good job bro, impressive research

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post

Great work and analysis man, damet garm!

Folks, I hope I don't come across as pessimistic by saying this, but given the circumstances of our teams and their inconsistency on a regular basis, I somewhat don't see Perspolis and Naft being able to beat their Saudi opponents.

Al-Hilal looks extremely dangerous and way stronger than what we had seen in the past 3-4 years of them.

Al-Ahli also looks quite strong, both these teams rely on their good foreign players who can be game-changers at anytime and in any match.

I hope I am dead wrong!

Comment

Lige Iran badjori ride. Let's hope we can make it to the next stage.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

IPL is truly screwed. Look at our teams. They are almost bankrupt. A big team like Esteghlal has paid only 20% of its players' contracts. Rah Ahan is even worst. Many teams are struggling paying their players. Persepolis hasn't paid much either. Its foreign players are paid less than 20% of their contracts. The season is over in two weeks and all these unpaid contracts can lead to FIFA expelling IFF.

Why do you think many TM members are in Qatar or 2nd division Spain over IPL? Pouraliganji rushed to China, as soon as he got the offer and left Naft alone before ACL.

Comment

Comment

Naft Tehran

Persepolis

Iran

Comment

Working...
                                X