No announcement yet.

AFC Champions League 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toni Oliviera rid. He is a piss poor coach for ACL standards.

Comment

Originally posted by kami_kakashi View Post
      This is the current level of football in Iran. Aside from our senior team who relies on tactics to stay top of Asia, the rest of our football is in disarray. We are a second tier footballing nation and we need drastic changes to catch up.
      We have no one else to blame but ourselves. For some reason we refuse to put the hard work to get results and always want to rely on intangible stuff like "Persian pride", "Gheyrat", etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      If the acl was a good measuring stick of level of asian footvall then Japan and Australia suck and Qatar, Saudi are at the top. But ya lets just ignore the fact that they are paying millions for foreign players and have their whole national team on these teams. Whereas iranian teams have to buy 3rd rate foreign players and have bareLy any tm players between the 4 clubs. But ya we are doomed afghanistan here we come

Comment

Fine then Iranian football is the best. Let's ignore that Australian team actually won ACL in their limited tries but we still haven't. All the other top nations can have bad seasons but they still make consistent impact, we don't. Even PP and Naft who are leading had horrendous games so far.
        Fine let's pretend like everything is ok while all of our youth and club teams fail to make an impact in Asian level. Not sure why my post asking for a revolution in our football is getting so much hate while the results of Iranian football in the past decade clearly shows the problem I am pointing out.

Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

One bad round for Iranian clubs and we are on par with Afghanistan....

One good round for Iranian clubs and we are better than Japan and Korea in club football.

Comment

Fine then Iranian football is the best. Let's ignore that Australian team actually won ACL in their limited tries but we still haven't. All the other top nations can have bad seasons but they still make consistent impact, we don't. Even PP and Naft who are leading had horrendous games so far.
            Fine let's pretend like everything is ok while all of our youth and club teams fail to make an impact in Asian level. Not sure why my post asking for a revolution in our football is getting so much hate while the results of Iranian football in the past decade clearly shows the problem I am pointing out.

The bolded part is the kind of ridiculous, childish answer one often recieves on PFDC which leads to knowing who's posts are worth reading and who's are not.

Comment

Because you are putting down all that we have accomplished under years of sanction, under war. No one is saying everything is okay, I just said we have huge problems when it comes to management and infrastructure, but talent wise? we can crush any team in asia. including your beloved australia.

Comment

Kami jaan, you can't just look a single ACL season and conclude that one country is better than other ones because of it. You have to look at at least 5-6 years of the ACL to get a good picture of how countries are performing.

Since 2010, Australian teams have had two round of 16 appearances, one quarter-final and final appearance. In the same period, IPL teams have had 7 round of 16, 3 QF, 1 semi-final and 1 final appearance. So, it's really not as one sided as you're making it to be and even if it is, it's definitely in our favor.

We went through a bit of a rough patch in the past few years, but Japanese teams have been struggling in the ACL for even longer. There really isn't the type of consistency in the ACL where you can say a few countries are blowing the other ones out of the water (as is the case in the UEFA CL).

Comment

i have a bad feeling PP will choke and loose out on the rest of games and miss the next round..!!? lol
                  fear Naft will also narrowly miss or barely make it by the skin of their teeth..!!?

Comment

How is saying we are second tier is bad I never said third or fourth tier

Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Hopefully Persepolis and Naft farda roo sefidemon mikonand.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                        The bolded part is the kind of ridiculous, childish answer one often recieves on PFDC which leads to knowing who's posts are worth reading and who's are not.
                        Not really childish is twisting words. My claim is that Iran has stayed stagnate while rest of the teams have invested and improved. In terms of investment, football knowledges, youth program, club management, etc... We are not putting the hard yards in and yet we expect to crush everyone based on a "childish" view that we are Iranian and we are the supreme mob in the continent.

We are second tier now and I don't see why it is so hard to accept when we get humiliated in Asian games, lose to Saudis at home (Afghans drew them), can't win ACL, can't win U16, 19, etc... Only our senior team looks the part with heavy tactical play. Don't have a single player in a top league (or a top team in a decent league).

We need change and we need it soon. Need a program like Japan or something like Q-report in U.S.

Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

How is saying we are second tier is bad I never said third or fourth tier
                          Um,

Comment

Originally posted by ArminSh View Post
                            Always short term man. We never achieve anything in the long term. I do blame the leagues scheduling as well, honestly the way it's set up its making players too tired for games and makes coaches pick which league they should go hard for.
                            I blame AFC as well. Their scheduling is terrible. Once you're done with round of 16 you have 3 month break in between. By then most of Iranian teams have changed 60% of their players (Our fault) and by the time they get to quarter final mirinan. That happened to Sepahan twice. They did excellent in group stage and round of 16 and lost 4-0 to Al Ahli of saudi arabia. It also happened once against Al Sadd of Qatar. Rahman Ahamdi forgot he had two cards due to long period of rest in between those games.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                              Um,

Um, in my post I clearly called out senior team. Rankings are reflective of results of our senior team. But hey if you are a bandwagon national team football fan then I guess all is fine. I watch club football, youth games, etc... And I want Iran to make an impact.

Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Um, in my post I clearly called out senior team. Rankings are reflective of results of our senior team. But hey if you are a bandwagon national team football fan then I guess all is fine. I watch club football, youth games, etc... And I want Iran to make an impact.

where do you think the players who make up our senior team come from? you think they just drop from sky and play for the national team and after the game go back? our NT is made up of IPL players. hell, some of the best IPL players have not had the chance to play for our NT, they haven't been even called up. we are not using our full potential.

I agree that we need a HUGE change in our clubs, that we need a good footballing program and that we need to be more constant. I never disagreed with that. All I'm saying is we are not second tire, I told you why Tractor and Foolad are out. we have lots of talent, we have amazing players and we are the best team in asia. period.

Comment

Working...
                                X