No announcement yet.

AFC Champions League 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naft had a chance to start the 2nd half fresh, but the penalty really killed things.

What is worse is that it was a completely unnecessary exit by Beira... why did he have to come out like that? Let's assume for a second that Al Ahli player got the ball on that play. At the angle he was at, it was a very containable play. Such a morale killer.

That is what happens when you want to start a half with guns blazing. Players want to get the ball as fast as possible which leads to sloppy tackling. If Beira just let the ball go, Naft could have regained possession only a few seconds later.

Anyways.... this was a good run by a young Naft team. They are filled with young, unknown players and they got this far, which I don't think any of us really expected when the ACL groups first came out.

Bravo to them and Mansourian for a respectable performance by a youthful team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
      Naft had a chance to start the 2nd half fresh, but the penalty really killed things.

What is worse is that it was a completely unnecessary exit by Beira... why did he have to come out like that? Let's assume for a second that Al Ahli player got the ball on that play. At the angle he was at, it was a very containable play. Such a morale killer.

That is what happens when you want to start a half with guns blazing. Players want to get the ball as fast as possible which leads to sloppy tackling. If Beira just let the ball go, Naft could have regained possession only a few seconds later.

Anyways.... this was a good run by a young Naft team. They are filled with young, unknown players and they got this far, which I don't think any of us really expected when the ACL groups first came out.

Bravo to them and Mansourian for a respectable performance by a youthful team.
      if you have noticed, a lot of the penalties in IPL are unnecessary contact, the player may be trapped in the corner, but the defender still fouls when its better off to just let the offensive player have possession.Its a mentality that our players have and there is nothing we can do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
        Lol I can read the comments here, don't have to be a member. And last I checked, none of the IPL champions made much better progress either the past decade or so.
        You didn't check well enough. Do your research on the 2010 and 2011 ACL's. Our clubs dominated the league in Asia. We also had a finalist in 2010. That's half a decade ago.

Comment

Vaghti jakesha match Naft ra dar TV neshoon namidan va bazikona ham pooli nagerefteand ki entezar bord mitoone dashte bashe....

Comment

The highlights of the 2015 ACL for me were Persepolis eliminating al nassr (Taremi's response to that Saudi Fred looking midget al raheb) and Naft eliminating both al shabab in the group stage and al ahli in the knockout stage.

Comment

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=252372

Mansourian pissed off at IRIB

* If it wasn't for the pressure of Esteghlal and Perspolis fans, IRIB would have not broadcasted any game
              * IRIB was not our 12th man
              * I guess it was due to financial issues not to broadcast our game. It's better not broadcast any ACL game at all
              * IRIB failed the test last night

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post

* If it wasn't for the pressure of Esteghlal and Perspolis fans, IRIB would have not broadcasted any game
                * I guess it was due to financial issues not to broadcast our game. It's better not broadcast any ACL game at all
                lol, trying to shift the blame.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
                  You didn't check well enough. Do your research on the 2010 and 2011 ACL's. Our clubs dominated the league in Asia. We also had a finalist in 2010. That's half a decade ago.
                  Finishing second isn't winning it. I could care less about second. No one remembers you for finishing second.
                  Dominating is actually winning the competition, not finishing second or w/e.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post

Good that irib didnt show this boring game. It was embarrasing to watch. One would expect Naft players to know how to pass the ball but unfortunately they didnt learn this when they were 6-7 years old in the academy.

Comment

We must not expect any of our clubs do well in ACL for a foreseable future or at least not until our entire football system changes from the current mayham to a more professional organization.

Any of our team like Naft managing to reach to this level of competion and under such circumstances, deserve a medal.

Well done Naft.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                        Finishing second isn't winning it. I could care less about second. No one remembers you for finishing second.
                        Dominating is actually winning the competition, not finishing second or w/e.
                        Neither did the Saudis..

And by domination I meant 4 Iranian football clubs defeating and eliminating Persian Gulf arab clubs back and forth like a piece of cake in the group and in the knockout stages. Didn't say anything about dominating the final, which was against a South Korean FC.

Comment

Iranian fans better remember this game and make any ACL home game for us to a hell for the Arabs!

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                            Iranian fans better remember this game and make any ACL home game for us to a hell for the Arabs!
                            We don't need to remember any of these games Camran jan. First and foremost if we are granted with ksa in the final round of qualification, we will make them forget about that 2-1 they like to boast about all the time.

Then what will they have after that 2-1 glorious accomplishment? They are already 0 in futsal, beach football, volleyball, and other sports compared to the "dirty Iranians".

They can circle around their black magic box and pray Iran will drop from #1 in Asia, which I highly doubt will happen anytime soon. I'm willing to bet after CQ leaves we will still be up top. With Mayelikohan as the crazy coach

Rankings don't meant everything, but they do mean SOMETHING. And lol, it's not even about rankings. It's clear who is better. Even under the islamic republic without quality facilities and the whole infrastructure in general.
                            Last edited by teammelli91; 09-17-2015, 01:51 PM.

Comment

It is quite embarassing: A country of 75+ million people, and an Asian soccer power house, can't have a club team that reaches the top 4 of the continent in 5 years. Time to get back to the drawing board.
                              sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                                It is quite embarassing: A country of 75+ million people, and an Asian soccer power house, can't have a club team that reaches the top 4 of the continent in 5 years. Time to get back to the drawing board.
                                Esteghlal, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X