No announcement yet.

AFC Champions League 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW guys, Al Nassr vs. Bunyodkor also ended in a tie (1-1), so all the other 4 teams in the two groups lost 2 points each - which makes Naft's loss of 3 points not seem as bad and PP's gain of 3 points even better!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
      As other members pointed out, the importance of this win mainly comes into play when one realizes how Perspolis club has been in disarray this season all along and from the beginning, losing 5 back to back IPL matches, in other waords from its last 7 matches they have lost 5, won one by a small margin of 1-2 against Padideh, and just drew Saba.

As you can see the above stats is not exactly all that impressive and startling to begin wit, let alone expecting them to perform well in their ACL campaign. As a matter of fact pretty much everyone on this board speculated a humiliating display and exit from the group stage by Perspolis.

Nonetheless when we say Qatari clubs, it does not necessarily mean we're playing their national team (Which actually even their national team is not comprised of indigenous people of Qatar) Club level football can totally be different than the national football team, Lekhwiya's total spending on players/coaches/infrastructure may be 10 times higher than teams like IPL or in fact an other IPL teams, which includes purchasing much higher profile and quality players and coaches than any Iranian club can remotely imagine!

So in all fairness, this solid win was well worth the praise and appreciation it received by our members!
      Look, I am not saying people should not be happy or proud of their team. I am not a fan of Persepolis, but its fans have every right to be happy and content after this win, especially after a series of dismal performances, which you correctly pointed to.

All I am saying is that I am stunned by how surprised people are at this win. I mean come on, no matter how out of shape Persepolis is, it should NEVER go into a game against a Qatari club, thinking that it will be humiliated. I know that Lekhwiya has a much better infrastructure, more money, higher salaries etc, but what has that club achieved in their last ACL campaigns? Seriously, let's not make them bigger than what they are. And more importantly, let us never again go into a game versus a Qatari club with such low expectations of our own teams. That's simply disgraceful.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
        but what has that club achieved in their last ACL campaigns? Seriously, let's not make them bigger than what they are. And more importantly, let us never again go into a game versus a Qatari club with such low expectations of our own teams. That's simply disgraceful.
        But what has Perspolis achieved in their last ACL appearances? Don't get me wrong, I am a hardcore Perspolisi myself, but I won't be acting like an ignorant Perspolis fan either. Maximum we have done is advancing from our group stage and then getting knocked out in the next round, so it's not like it was Manchester United playing Lekhwiya.

Our clubs n general have not achieved much more than that of Qatari clubs in ACL. They have clinched 2 ACL championships (Last in 2011 by Al-Saad of course after that infamous Sepahan elimination as result of Rahman Ahmadi's previous ACL appearance with "Perspolis" in the same edition of ACL) along with one runner-up title.

So a you can see at club level they're not of that inferior caliber compared to our clubs. Mind you back in 2009 Perspolis got thrashed by Al-Gharafa of Qatar by a scoreline of 5-1. Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4olR1TZDMWI
        Last edited by Keano; 02-24-2015, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Tractor players in Uzbekistan

Comment

perspoliseh zelzeleh mahboobeh harchi deleh.
            what do you expect when you got karimi, kia, abedzadeh..etc watching the game from the stands. al gharafah debacle aside pp has destroyed its arab opposition. saw the stat somewhere will post it when i find it.

Comment

Bakhtiar is back training with foolad again

he won't be ready for today's game though

Comment

Foolad's squad for the game against Al-sad

علی سلیمی، احمد آل*نعمه، مساریچ، مهدی بدرلو، ماتیاس چاگو، محسن مسلمان، ساسان انصاری، مهرداد جماعتی، یوسف وکیا، آلویز نونگ و اسماعیل شریفات

Ali Salimi, Ahmad Alenemeh, Leonard Mesarić, Mehdi Badrlo, Mathias Chago, Mohsen Mosalman, Sassan Ansari, Mehrad Jama'ati, Yousef Vakia, Aloys Nong, Ismail Sharifat

The game will be shown on Varzesh channel

Comment

Lots of people have shown up. Nice

Comment

Great, this Korean referee is going to give us headache.

Comment

Link??

Comment

Originally posted by masoud nekounam View Post
                        Link??
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk1IhTuM6_g

I just woke up, I fell asleep...zzzz, very boring 1st half.

0-0

Comment

Goal for Tractor, 1-0
                          Humans of Tabriz | Humans of Tehran | Humans of Ardebil | Humans of Isfahan | Humans of Shiraz | Humans of Yazd

Comment

Gunagzhou just finished their game against Fc Seoul with a 1-0 score, meaning all 4 Chinese teams won their 1st day matches and lead the groups in East Asia.

I guess that's further confirmation, after China's great performance at the Asian Cup of how far the Chinese have come in the past few years.

In comparison all Japanese and Korean teams lost their 1st day matches except Kashiwa and Hyundai who played one another and walked away with a tie.

Comment

Foolad with 10 :S Stupid Korean ref.

Comment

Foolad down to 10 men! Very bias referring in that game for Al Sadd.

Comment

Working...
                                X