AFC Champions League 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
    I don't get why ppl are pretending Persepolis beat Real Madrid. This was Lehkwiya for God's sake. What have they done in ACL?
    You just don't get it.

PP is a team in massive hashiye and countless other problems performing poorly in IPL with 2nd degree foreign imports. Lekhwiya won the Qatari last year and performing well again this year...with good 'experienced' foreign players not random players from 2nd division Brazillian league.

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
      Are u kidding?

1. On paper that's one of the strongest teams in west Asia as they are the reigning champs of the QSL.

2. They are wel coached by Michael Ladrup

3. Not to mention their strong squad with the likes of weis, nam tae he, Sebastian soria, and several other Qatari NT players.

Considering PP's current state, for them to win by 3 goals against such a team gives is every reason in the world to be happy.
      What a sad state of affairs we are in when we are putting an Al Shotor team up on this pedestal.
      Although I dont disagree with you, which makes it even more sad. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
        2. They are wel coached by Michael Ladrup
        That's obviously a HUGE one by itself but also the following:

* Flores was a Spain U-21 player.
        * Nam has been a S. Korea national team player
        * Weiss has been a Slovakia national team player.
        * Msakni has been a Tunisia national team player.

Also, they've been in the QSL for 5 years and have won it 3 out of 4 times!

But overall, this isn't just a case of an IPL team beating a team from another Persian Gulf area league.

It's about IPL's 9th placed team demolishing QSL's best team. This just goes to show that football isn't just about how much money you spend, who caoches the team or how good your facilities are. PP played with heart today and passion goes a long way IMHO.

Comment

So what? It's QSL for God's sake. And what does it mean to play for the Qatari national team. They are piss-poor. And what exactly are Laudrup's coaching credentials? You guys are hyping up this lousy team so much. I am not saying Persepolis is less lousy, but please don't pretend they won against the best team in Asia, because that's simply not true.

Comment

congrats to persepolis, one of their best performances in recent years. hopefully they dont get maghroor and play the same way in the next 5 games as well.

Comment

For the love of God why cant Perspolis play like this every week ??????????

Comment

Victory of Gheyrat over money. Go Iran.

Comment

Such a shame that Naft lost. I though that after the Uzbek team went down one player, they would surely fall apart and concede at least 2-3 goals. I guess not.

Comment

Omid Alishah and Mehdi Taromi should really be considered for TM. Not only they play well, they also seem to know how to handle the pressure & hashiye - never complained and proved to have a great character. Especially Taromi could add something special to our forward line, he is a bit different than our other options.

Anyway, with Karimi, Mahdavikia and Abedzadeh alone we basically had more football history & culture in one stadium than all 8-0er countries put together. The biggest idiots however were the fans, mostly because of chanting vs. Esteghlal instead of Arabs.
                    Formerly known as Persianking!
                    Follow me @
                    instagram/iranscout
                    instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

I think naft will bounce back, no need to freak out. they are a very young team and this is their very first experience, let's not forget that.

Comment

Panjali "This Persepolis played like the Persepolis of 1980s"

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/?itemid...A9%D8%B1%D8%AF

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                          Michael Laudrup coach of Lekhwiya, "Qatar dosen't have a footballing culture"

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/?itemid...9%DA%A9%D8%B3)
                          I have to quote myself, sorry for that. but this is relevant again. I think michael learned what country has a footballing culture in this region.

Comment

Gheyrat

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
                              So what? It's QSL for God's sake. And what does it mean to play for the Qatari national team. They are piss-poor. And what exactly are Laudrup's coaching credentials? You guys are hyping up this lousy team so much. I am not saying Persepolis is less lousy, but please don't pretend they won against the best team in Asia, because that's simply not true.
                              As other members pointed out, the importance of this win mainly comes into play when one realizes how Perspolis club has been in disarray this season all along and from the beginning, losing 5 back to back IPL matches, in other waords from its last 7 matches they have lost 5, won one by a small margin of 1-2 against Padideh, and just drew Saba.

As you can see the above stats is not exactly all that impressive and startling to begin wit, let alone expecting them to perform well in their ACL campaign. As a matter of fact pretty much everyone on this board speculated a humiliating display and exit from the group stage by Perspolis.

Nonetheless when we say Qatari clubs, it does not necessarily mean we're playing their national team (Which actually even their national team is not comprised of indigenous people of Qatar) Club level football can totally be different than the national football team, Lekhwiya's total spending on players/coaches/infrastructure may be 10 times higher than teams like IPL or in fact an other IPL teams, which includes purchasing much higher profile and quality players and coaches than any Iranian club can remotely imagine!

So in all fairness, this solid win was well worth the praise and appreciation it received by our members!

Comment

Persepolis is a tall ass team though. I wonder what's their height average.

Comment

Working...
                                X