No announcement yet.

AFC Champions League 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way I look at it, the combined market value of Al-Hilal and Al-Ahli is double that of the combined valued of Naft & PP. They both have professional dedicated training facilities, get TV rights, proper sponsorship, have control over the sales and marketing of their products, etc.

None of which Iranian teams have. And there's no denying that more money will get you better players. Our teams already eliminated Al-Nassr and Al-Shabab who were in similar situations and we're heading into the return legs against Al-Ahli & Al-Hilal with two victories and not being scored on.

To me, that's already quite an achievement considering our circumstances. The last time we registered two wins at home at this stage of the competition was in 2011 when Zob lost in the quarterfinals in extra time and Sepehan beat the eventual winners of the tournament in the quarters, but was ultimately eliminated because of fielding an ineligible player.

So, let's just wait and see what happens. We have exactly a week to be happy about something rather than being upset or depressed, so regardless of what will happen, I will enjoy the ride for now!

Comment

Speaking of money buying better players, it has been confirmed that Xavi is coming to Qatar next season! Thank god Al Sadd lost their 1st home game and is not very likely to make the next round, otherwise the prospect of facing Xavi in the next round was not a fun one!

Comment

An Iranian team is going to face Xavi and Al Sadd anyway, as Al Sadd are going to play in the ACL 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
          Speaking of money buying better players, it has been confirmed that Xavi is coming to Qatar next season! Thank god Al Sadd lost their 1st home game and is not very likely to make the next round, otherwise the prospect of facing Xavi in the next round was not a fun one!
          Nourollahi > Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
            An Iranian team is going to face Xavi and Al Sadd anyway, as Al Sadd are going to play in the ACL 2016
            They're not guaranteed a spot bro - only Lekhwiya is as league champions.

Al Sadd have to go through at least one preliminary round (maybe two) and if they go through, they may be playing Naft or Zob (whichever loses the Hazfi Cup) in the playoff round, although I'm not sure how the draw works for next year.

Comment

They're not guaranteed a spot bro - only Lekhwiya is as league champions.

Al Sadd have to go through at least one preliminary round (maybe two) and if they go through, they may be playing Naft or Zob (whichever loses the Hazfi Cup) in the playoff round, although I'm not sure how the draw works for next year.
              Didn't Qatar have 3,5 spots?

Comment

Originally posted by Shah Abbas View Post
                Nourollahi > Xavi
                Shah Abbas > Harry Potter

Comment

I don't want to get too far ahead, because we still have two tough games, but isn't it utterly STUPID that Naft and PP are very likely to face each other in the next round, if they make it?! And they will definitely be playing each other if they advance to the semis?!
                  I actually think it's better if they face each other in the next round, at least we are guaranteed to have a team in semi finals

Comment

I am really looking forward to the next games. It's going to be more difficult but I'm sure Persepolis and Naft will make us and all of iran proud!
                    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                      Didn't Qatar have 3,5 spots?
                      Just two spots, one full + 2 half spots.

Next year's competition is supposed to have the same allocation as this year and as far as I know they're reviewing it for the year after - which is why it's really important Iranian teams perform well in this edition.

Comment

Just two spots, one full + 2 half spots.

Next year's competition is supposed to have the same allocation as this year and as far as I know they're reviewing it for the year after - which is why it's really important Iranian teams perform well in this edition.
                        Less spots for Iran is better because it will cause the clubs to take ACL seriously not like Persepolis, Foolad or Tiraxtor...

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                          Less spots for Iran is better because it will cause the clubs to take ACL seriously not like Persepolis, Foolad or Tiraxtor...
                          Not sure why Persepolis is on your list, if I'm not mistaken they are still very much in the competition, not to mention having recorded the most attended matches in the ACL thus far.

It seems to me that the club and her fans are very much taking the ACL seriously my friend.
                          He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt, for he has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. Albert Einstein

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, and the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph.

Comment

Originally posted by ARYA :) View Post
                            Not sure why Persepolis is on your list, if I'm not mistaken they are still very much in the competition, not to mention having recorded the most attended matches in the ACL thus far.

It seems to me that the club and her fans are very much taking the ACL seriously my friend.
                            Not now but on earlier stages, include Naft to the list too.

Comment

Not on earlier stages, include Naft to the list too.
                              Wrong again!

Schedule & Results:
                              24-02-2015
                              PERSEPOLIS 3 - 0 LEKHWIYA
                              03-03-2015
                              BUNYODKOR 0 - 1 PERSEPOLIS
                              17-03-2015
                              AL NASSR 3 - 0 PERSEPOLIS
                              08-04-2015
                              PERSEPOLIS 1 - 0 AL NASSR
                              22-04-2015
                              LEKHWIYA 3 - 0 PERSEPOLIS
                              06-05-2015
                              PERSEPOLIS 2 - 1 BUNYODKOR

She won all her home matches and an away match at Bunyodkor, and lost two away matches to the Saudi league and Qatari league champs in their own home soil which is not an anomaly by any stretch of the imagination! And she did this while the club officials changed coaching hands three times during the course of the season one of which was in the midst of the ACL competition. So I say again, she is taking the competition quite seriously in my book, and she is still very much in it!

And as for Naft, they are still very much in the competition as well, and this with such a young group of footballers in their maiden appearance in ACL, and with a coach who is in his first year coaching in IPL. They are one of the most promising teams in IPL at the moment, and Mansourian is one of the up and coming coaches in IPL.
                              He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt, for he has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. Albert Einstein

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, and the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph.

Comment

I think the only team that has never taken ACL seriously is Tractor. I think Foolad overall did well given their circumstances and issues they faced this season. They managed to get 6 points while Tractor only 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X