No announcement yet.

AFC Champions League 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And in yet another piece of bad news (as if we haven't had enough in the past 24 hours), Al-Ain beat Al-Shabab 1-0 (as expected).

That means that Naft has to beat Al-Ain in the UAE in the last game to be sure of qualification to the next round! A tie would not be enough if Pakhtakor beats Al-Shabab in Uzbekistan, but would be enough if they tie or lose their game.

Sadly, Al Shabab are out and have nothing to play for, while Al Ain will be playing to take the 1st spot in the group (they have already qualified to the next round).

The games will be played simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
      Your response makes no sense.. Where did I ever say that? We have very much room to improve but we most likely won't under the IR, I'm just saying don't come here and start the azadari, save it for the namaz jomeh instead, meaning don't overreact to one or two games.
      Two games, right!!!
      He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt, for he has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. Albert Einstein

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, and the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph.

Comment

lekhwiya wanted revenge and they got it.
        All comes down to the last day just like Naft. Only advantage for PP is that they play at home against a very good uzbek side - they have nothing to lose and they'll come and play very relaxed. It's a must win game for PP and i think they can pull it off. Only problem is we seem to struggle against uzbek sides. I hope branko is able to pull this team together for one last great performance and then plenty of time until they play in round of 16. It'd be a shame to lose and not make it to the next round.

Naft on the other hand will have a very hard time. They'll play a powerful Al ain at their home and will be needing a win to make it and plus they're still competing for championship in IPL and will be struggling with their form. Technically, if they get a tie and Pakhtakor doesn't beat Al shabab with more than 2 goals it is Naft that will be advancing but they should go for a win.

It's sad. We dont even know if we will have a representative in round of 16 this year. It all comes down to the last game and i hope both teams analyze their opponents weaknesses well and make a game plan based on that. We need both teams for next round. This year's scheduling was hectic but if we can get to the next round they'll have plenty of time to recover and any injured player will make a return by that time.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
          It's funny how no one said anything when perspolis beat this team by the same exact scoreline in tehran...
          Please don't exaggerate, there was plenty of praise for Persepolis when she beat lakwhatever at home by the same score-line, the very score line that was just erased today. The point is we should not allow nor be content with such teams thrashing an IPL team, and I say again it all begins and ends with the current state of non-accountability from any official in our country.
          He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt, for he has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. Albert Einstein

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, and the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph.

Comment

Why is it so bad to point out the issues with IPL. No investment, coaches refuse to get educated on modern football, players earn way more than what they display, team selections are based on tribal ties and bribes, federation is very poor at management and no youth programs. The talent is there and we have all seen them but everything else is lacking.
            The first step in solving any problem is admitting there is a problem. As a die hard PP fan ( an entire large extended Iranian family of PP fans) it is never a good day when we lose. To top that if we open our mouth and complain about the evident decline in our football we have to deal with pitch fork bearing "how dare you crew" as if we are the reason for the loss!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

....all I know is Branko has his work cut out for him. He is faced with a corrupt club that might not pay his salary and his dues, his players are mediocre at best, his club lacks basic facilities that regional Persian gulf Clubs possess and worst of all he is given a short time to do get results....

Comment

Originally posted by kami_kakashi View Post
                Why is it so bad to point out the issues with IPL. No investment, coaches refuse to get educated on modern football, players earn way more than what they display, team selections are based on tribal ties and bribes, federation is very poor at management and no youth programs. The talent is there and we have all seen them but everything else is lacking.
                The first step in solving any problem is admitting there is a problem. As a die hard PP fan ( an entire large extended Iranian family of PP fans) it is never a good day when we lose. To top that if we open our mouth and complain about the evident decline in our football we have to deal with pitch fork bearing "how dare you crew" as if we are the reason for the loss!!!
                Well put. Horrible conditions , corrupted and not professional. These players grew up in this environment and it becomes too late for them to learn anything else. That's why we win 3-0 but never consistent. Sepahan and Foolad are as close as we get to a pro team. I still dont know why we have such high expectations from our teams when we all know these facts. I mean we can be an Arab hater all we want, i dont like them neither but they're doing something right with their football and you can see how organized and tactical they play. We do have talent but that's just a fraction of the total package to make a player into a pro player. When most lack professional attitude and their diet sucks , they become hit or miss. One day they're good and produce results and the other they lose horribly. Again not consistent.

Comment

Thanks to Hamidreza Siasi who had the great idea to replace Ali Daei with that Botoxi guy and single handledly ruined the season, we are going through these tough times. It will take a time to get used with Branko's ideas and tactics. We need to get rid of some of our players. I still don't understand that Hadi Norouzi is playing on regular basis, he seemed to be Derakhshan's favourite player. By losing Hosseini and Mahini and getting rid of Meysam, our defensive line is messed up and we are constantly getting scored on.

All we currently need is to secure the 1st place. The fans can have a great impact on the game against Bunyodkor. If PP manages to top the group they are likely going to play against Al-Sadd.
                  In Branko we trust!

Comment

The most disgusting aspect of this week was that we were forced to see the verminous face of that Al William$ idiot again.

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                    Bayrami was robbed of a clean goal for tractor. He didnt even touch the keeper. Shit ref,
                    Indeed, that was BS! Not even Nasaf defenders raised their hands for a foul, while the GK only started to act hurt when he saw the ball went in. btw. the way Nasaf got the corner kick for the 2nd goal was a joke, extremely poor mistake by Pour Rahmatollah.
                    Formerly known as Persianking!
                    Follow me @
                    instagram/iranscout
                    instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

IPL is crap, we know this and it goes without needing to be said but as things stand, only South Korea (4) have more sides occupying the qualification spots than us (2). And one of those is some crap mid-table IPL side. The morale of this story is; the entire continent's level of club football riddeh.

Comment

THIS IRANIAN FOOTBALL CAN ONLY BE SUCCESSFUL IN BAD PITCHES AND HIGH GRASSES.....

you see when the standard of stadium, pitches and enviornment increases, they get outplayed....how man times al saad broke into the box with passes from center to the right flank, overtime open and free.......
                        World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                        sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                        If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                        -

Comment

WOW, what is this about??!??! what happened?!?!?! ALL needs to see this!!

https://www.facebook.com/RadioFaryad...33928/?theater

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                            WOW, what is this about??!??! what happened?!?!?! ALL needs to see this!!

https://www.facebook.com/RadioFaryad...33928/?theater
                            wtf.. I can't hear what he told Khanzadeh in the beginning though, did he just randomly start to curse him out?

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                              wtf.. I can't hear what he told Khanzadeh in the beginning though, did he just randomly start to curse him out?
                              Yeah i think the player was cursed, BUT his response shocked me like CRAZY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                                Yeah i think the player was cursed, BUT his response shocked me like CRAZY!!
                                Didn't really shock me though, nothing wrong with being upset, but he should've just ignored him, but that is not Iranian culture. In Iran, someone mentions your mother/sister, you better be ready to fight lol .
                                I feel bad for him though, poor guy shouldn't have to be a victim of such verbal abuse.

I wonder though, is there a background story to all of this?

Comment

Working...
                                X