AFC Champions League 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
    where do you think the players who make up our senior team come from? you think they just drop from sky and play for the national team and after the game go back? our NT is made up of IPL players. hell, some of the best IPL players have not had the chance to play for our NT, they haven't been even called up. we are not using our full potential.

I agree that we need a HUGE change in our clubs, that we need a good footballing program and that we need to be more constant. I never disagreed with that. All I'm saying is we are not second tire, I told you why Tractor and Foolad are out. we have lots of talent, we have amazing players and we are the best team in asia. period.
    Players come from IPL but they don't come ready. I have first hand seen TM train and majority of training is spent on football basics and fitness. You can ask TM players and they will tell you that even the post game massage they get from the trainers is 10 times better than what they get in their clubs.

If we are not second tier then we are first tier. What first tier team will lose to KSA at home? The same KSA that drew with Afghanistan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by kami_kakashi View Post
      How is saying we are second tier is bad I never said third or fourth tier
      Well, it just depends how you define the tiers.

If you define 1st tier as the top two countries making the semis for the past three ACL's, then you're right, we're not currently in the 1st tier.

If you define it as the 5 countries who made the knockout rounds in the past 10 years, then I think we are (although someone needs to check it ).

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
        lol at all you haters i hope tiraxtor wins the league so you can go and cry in a corner cause you didn't qualify for asian Champions league

and as i said before why the hell did khatibi get fired? I don't understand this! AND WHAT WAS TONI THINKING BENCHING edinho and ando?
        The board probably told him to prioritize the IPL before CHL.. So naturally he'll rest the best players.. I think it was a stupid decision but they where also unlucky to hit the bar and the post 3 times in the first half. But at least, we can be hopeful that an Azari team will become champion for the first time in IPL History.

Yashasin Tractor
        Team Melli - Traxtor - Barcelona

Comment

Players come from IPL but they don't come ready. I have first hand seen TM train and majority of training is spent on football basics and fitness. You can ask TM players and they will tell you that even the post game massage they get from the trainers is 10 times better than what they get in their clubs.

If we are not second tier then we are first tier. What first tier team will lose to KSA at home? The same KSA that drew with Afghanistan

that's it i'm done. Your mind is set and no amount of proof and reasoning will ever change that. The same afghanistan we defeated 6-0. Funny you don't mention that.

Our U-23 lost to saudi 2-1. I watched that game both of the saudi goals were scored because of the mistakes made by our defense and goalie. that game is hardly indicative of Iranian football. we haven't seen the afghanistan saudi match, but i have read the reports, saudi lost a lot of scoring opportunities. If saudi had played afghanistan 100 times only once they would draw them. that was afghanistan lucky day.

I can't believe you are making me defend Khakpour but it's sad that you don't understand football. That how every game can be different, that how much luck is involved in football. that if Sardar's ball that hit the post in the first half of the match against saudi, would have entered the goal, how different the outcome of that game would have been.
          Last edited by TheBoss; 04-21-2015, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
            I blame AFC as well. Their scheduling is terrible. Once you're done with round of 16 you have 3 month break in between. By then most of Iranian teams have changed 60% of their players (Our fault) and by the time they get to quarter final mirinan. That happened to Sepahan twice. They did excellent in group stage and round of 16 and lost 4-0 to Al Ahli of saudi arabia. It also happened once against Al Sadd of Qatar. Rahman Ahamdi forgot he had two cards due to long period of rest in between those games.
            Yeah, the ACL sucks in that aspect and they really need to change that. But on a bright note for this year, if PP manage to make the knock-out rounds, they'll definitely be in MUCH better shape next year. Maybe for once, something will work to our advantage!

I'm pretty sure Naft will be just as good next year too if Mansourian stays on as planned.

Comment

Bayrami was robbed of a clean goal for tractor. He didnt even touch the keeper. Shit ref,

Lak should really be kicked out of tractor. I take back what I said about khatibi. Two amateur and un-ignorable mistakes again from lak.
              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                Kami jaan, you can't just look a single ACL season and conclude that one country is better than other ones because of it. You have to look at at least 5-6 years of the ACL to get a good picture of how countries are performing.

Since 2010, Australian teams have had two round of 16 appearances, one quarter-final and final appearance. In the same period, IPL teams have had 7 round of 16, 3 QF, 1 semi-final and 1 final appearance. So, it's really not as one sided as you're making it to be and even if it is, it's definitely in our favor.

We went through a bit of a rough patch in the past few years, but Japanese teams have been struggling in the ACL for even longer. There really isn't the type of consistency in the ACL where you can say a few countries are blowing the other ones out of the water (as is the case in the UEFA CL).
                Australia only gets 2 acl spots, whilst Iran gets 4. We have also had not 1 but 2 final appearances from an Australian team (Adelaide United, WSW)

It's funny how you seemingly left out the information that didn't benefit your argument!

Comment

Foolad is a good team with high potential but unfortunately their main team (beginning of the season) was teared apart. They are still doing a decent job with limited players. This club is professional and organized and they managed to get good results without their key players.

If another club in IPL with similar problems = Relegation

Foolad will be back next season, Im not worried. But Traktor on on the other hand is not performing in ACL at all. They have a stadium with a very bad pitch, it almost looks unplayable. Both goalkeepers in Traktor are amateurs (yeki az yeki batar). They should release Lak and Ndoye and start looking for a new GK.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                    Australia only gets 2 acl spots, whilst Iran gets 4. We have also had not 1 but 2 final appearances from an Australian team (Adelaide United, WSW)

It's funny how you seemingly left out the information that didn't benefit your argument!

Well, how it works, isn't it that the better teams from a country perform, the more ACL spots they get?

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                      Well, how it works, isn't it that the better teams from a country perform, the more ACL spots they get?
                      No, it relies on many factors. The one that gets Iran high number is fan base (number of people who turn up to watch the game)

Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                        that's it i'm done. Your mind is set and no amount of proof and reasoning will ever change that. The same afghanistan we defeated 6-0. Funny you don't mention that.

Our U-23 lost to saudi 2-1. I watched that game both of the saudi goals were scored because of the mistakes made by our defense and goalie. that game is hardly indicative of Iranian football. we haven't seen the afghanistan saudi match, but i have read the reports, saudi lost a lot of scoring opportunities. If saudi had played afghanistan 100 times only once they would draw them. that was afghanistan lucky day.

I can't believe you are making me defend Khakpour but it's sad that you don't understand football. That how every game can be different, that how much luck is involved in football. that if Sardar's ball that hit the post in the first half of the match against saudi, would have entered the goal, how different the outcome of that game would have been.
                        All of a sudden I don't understand football because I believe other than our senior team our other footballing presence in Asia have been second tier. Instead of showing me why such a statement is incorrect your choice is to say I don't get football. If knowing football means ignoring facts then I don't want to know football to be honest!

Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post

In addition to that Iran's last runner up position was 5 years ago. He could have shown the decline by pointing out how our results are getting worse year on year but he chose otherwise.

Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Even the Uzbek Coach was saying how Teymorians Absence from the Tractor game gave them the win!! : Olivier was bested by his own stupid decision! thanks god he admitted it !

"Yesterday, the weather was much windier, the strong wind affected the game, but we were lucky the wind let up during the course of the match. I didn’t expect Andranik Teymourian to start the game on the bench and I believe his early absence helped us grab the win.”

Comment

We lost to a KSA that tied Afghanistan, but didn't we also destroy the same Afghanistan? Your argument is invalid...

Its like saying we beat Chile 2-0, the same Chile that beat spain, the same chile that lost to brazil in penalties and more recently 1-0, so are we better than spain and brazil?

You cant say because saudi tied afghanistan and we lost to saudi it is bad, the same saudi you are talking about has flopped on the too stage (full national team)
                              Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                              http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                              [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                              Villa + Messi =

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                                Yeah, the ACL sucks in that aspect and they really need to change that. But on a bright note for this year, if PP manage to make the knock-out rounds, they'll definitely be in MUCH better shape next year. Maybe for once, something will work to our advantage!

I'm pretty sure Naft will be just as good next year too if Mansourian stays on as planned.
                                Yeah it'll definetly be good for perspolis if they can make it to quarter finals. If Naft is able to keep all of their existing players for next year they can definetly go far as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X