Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter 2014-2015 Transfer deadline ends in 2 days: Post Any Iranian Transfers here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Haghighi is at EPL level.

Don't get me wrong, he is a very capable goalkeeper in terms of reflexes, physique, confidence, positioning, etc.

But, in England's league, another HUGE element of being a good goalkeeper is distribution.
    Haghighi has a good arm, and we saw that in the World Cup with some of his throws clearing midfield.
    However, in EPL, a league I follow very closely, goalkeepers are basically defenders during build-up play and defenders often pass it back to their goalkeeper throughout the match, who is then expected to distribute the ball by foot accurately up the field.

When Dejagah first joined Fulham, Mark Schwarzer, Fulham's GK at the time, was still in great shape despite his old age. He was an excellent shot-stopper and had great reflexes. But, whenever his defenders passed the ball back to him, he would just boot it up the field aimlessly, and was often criticized for this (and rightfully so).
    Last season at Liverpool, when Mignolet was in outstanding shape in terms of keeping the ball out of his net, he was also criticized for his poor distribution with the ball at his feet.
    Also, for example, at Everton's training sessions, coach Roberto Martinez actually has his goalkeepers practicing with the rest of the team, requiring their passing, ball control, etc to really be at the level of outfield players.

Unfortunately, I don't think Haghighi has the technical ability to be able to distribute well with the ball at his feet, and this will be a problem. Many times his goal-kicks have gone out of bounds and he just looks kind of clumsy when he has to kick/distribute the ball.

In a league like England's, this will not go unnoticed and he will have to really improve this element of his game if he wants to play in EPL.

Comment

I have honestly tried to pay a lot of attention to his ball distributing with his feet and have seen nothing wrong with it, he is alright, not the best and not bad at all.

Comment

The reason why I don't think this is BS. Despite Haghighi's supermodel looks and his excellent play, he's actually a pretty low key guy. We didn't hear much about his move to either Rubin or Portuguese club team. He doesn't seem to be a showoff type, and this has helped in his development.

Comment

It's so frustrating that Japanese and to a lesser extent Korean players move to the top leagues every year and our players are always ignored. Are Iranian players really worse than Japanese/Koreans?

Comment

even a chinese guy got to bundelisga! I have hopes for Sardar/jahanbakhs in the last minute!

Comment

Winter 2014-2015 Transfer deadline ends in 2 days: Post Any Iranian Transfers...

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
              even a chinese guy got to bundelisga! I have hopes for Sardar/jahanbakhs in the last minute!
              JB said he wanted to stay yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by persianfire View Post
                It's so frustrating that Japanese and to a lesser extent Korean players move to the top leagues every year and our players are always ignored. Are Iranian players really worse than Japanese/Koreans?
                Politics bruh.

Comment

Originally posted by ZandiJoon View Post
                  JB said he wanted to stay yesterday
                  AND THEN BOOOOM QATAR SC makes a 100 million dollar bid xD lol you never know man you never know

Comment

The whole world is transfering in Europe right now but no iranians. fkk them, happy not to follow any EPL, seria A, Liga, Budesliga, french league & champions league (except PSG games) anymore since last summer.

Comment

Not a single transfer hahaha nice birthday gift i got xD

Comment

Winter 2014-2015 Transfer deadline ends in 2 days: Post Any Iranian Transfers here

Not a single transfer hahaha nice birthday gift i got xD
                        Is the deadline over? No transfers happened?
                        And tavalodet mobarak dash!

Comment

Azmoun could sign for another Russian side on loan still, that window is open until Feb 27th.

Hadn't heard anything about Haghighi in English press. Varzesh are not very reliable though?

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                            ended 4 minutes ago. Sometimes some transfer aren't announced until a few hours after the dead line is closed. but i won't get my hopes up

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                              And tavalodet mobarak dash!
                              What did you expect for this european racists lol?

Comment

ended 4 minutes ago. Sometimes some transfer aren't announced until a few hours after the dead line is closed. but i won't get my hopes up
                                Me neither, I'm also pretty sure nothing will come out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X