Vahid Amiri appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    yea, he is getting up there in age and got a ton of mileage on him by now and still A lot is asked of him to cover in TM matches ... makes u wonder about his continued longevity..?

the bold especially is true, and even more impressive is the man's unshakable resolve and Supreme Confidence in his game approach and own abilities .... it dont matter if you assign him to Messi or Ronaldo, he'll go right at them smash mouth football style..!! that layee of the spanish player at WC18 is a prime example..!

he had a rough going in our last WCQ but he that didnt stop him from still hustling for 90 strong..! 💪
    He was excellent in round 2 of our WCQ and most of these games (except v UAE). He builds up alot of play and intercepts the ball in key spots.
    Not to mention, he can win most 1 on 1 physical battles.
    Guys like him are a must in any team.

Comment

this was best
      amiri game i seen in tm against asian team
      or persepolis.

Comment

His fitness honestly hasn’t slowed down since I’ve seen him play in team Melli. I’ve been critical of him before but always admired his stamina.
        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
          this was best
          amiri game i seen in tm against asian team
          or persepolis.
          indeed
          Best performance against any TM opponent ever from my recollections..!!
          he hardly set a foot wrong and besides his LB duties he almost totally picked up the slack left behind from Mehdi's absence down LW and made Ahmad Nour look much better in his playing position near him on LCM and picked up much of his defensive duties for him too..!!
          Fucking Hell with Roy Kent ...!I was cheering AMIRI...AMIRI.... He's here, he's there, he's every-fucking-where..!

Comment

He is also very cerebral. Not only has multiple degrees including a law degree, he studies English on his laptop (or tablet) in the airplane while many of our stars are playing games on theirs or playing gol ya pooch. This is a quality that is essential to becoming a great coach in the future. With his amazing conditioning, he keeps getting better. If he continue like this, not only he could help in us in WC 2022, I think he could also be crucial to our AC 2023 campaign.

Go Amiri!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              indeed
              Best performance against any TM opponent ever from my recollections..!!
              he hardly set a foot wrong and besides his LB duties he almost totally picked up the slack left behind from Mehdi's absence down LW and made Ahmad Nour look much better in his playing position near him on LCM and picked up much of his defensive duties for him too..!!
              Fucking Hell with Roy Kent ...!I was cheering AMIRI...AMIRI.... He's here, he's there, he's every-fucking-where..!
              He was our best player in all games in the WC, especially the first 2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                He was our best player in all games in the WC, especially the first 2 games.
                indeed him and mehdi imo..!!
                another proof that World Cup is the survival of FITTEST..!! You want to have an impact in those dogEatDog games you better be in your Utmost Personal Fitness Levels and go out and play your hearts out for the entirety of rather limited game times afforded to you..!!
                beast performance of Ando at WC06 is another shining example ... dude came outa nowhere to become our Best WC performer well ahead of many other much higher profile TM players at that time, AK8, Mahdavikia, Daie, Rezaie, etc..!!

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                  His fitness honestly hasn’t slowed down since I’ve seen him play in team Melli. I’ve been critical of him before but always admired his stamina.
                  true, hardly have i seen him in less than Peak level of personal fitness and i was even more @ awe and blown away by his insane level of resolute, confidence and just that Winner's Mentality, from the first time i saw him in action in TM till now, No matter who we have been facing @ whatever competitive setting..!!
                  ps
                  i too was critical of his rather visionless and not so clever General style of play back in his early years in TM..! He started out being a lot more of your typical Sarpaayeeni and khardoie type iranian domestic player... but over the years he really improved tremendously on that front...! still occasionally he resorts to die hard old playing habits of him but his often tremendous work-rate on the pitch masks and makes back up for much of his mistakes on that front..!
                  He is truly a much worthier Captain material than anyone else in current squad..!!
                  Last edited by BacheLot; 11-12-2021, 11:17 AM.

Comment

New PFDC rule: any trash talking about Vahid Amiri results in an automatic 2 week ban
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Amiri is a man while many of our players are just boys.
                      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

He is truly a Sarbaz e Vatan. You don't have to tell him what to do, he simply just knows his job, a workhorse and an intelligent educated person.
                        ما میمیریم میمیریم ایران رو پس میگیریم

Comment

Obviously would never happen but his playing style perfectly suits EPL. He is a better version of Mason Mount.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                            Obviously would never happen but his playing style perfectly suits EPL. He is a better version of Mason Mount.
                            They would have loved him in the epl. Tough workhorse who always “get stuck in” and has the occasional beautiful pass.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                              He is a better version of Mason Mount.

Comment

Indeed, Amiri Shireh, a well-deserved dedicated post.

So much of an unsung hero this boy, he is a tank, a gentleman that nothing on and off the pitch can seemingly unphase him, qualities that you need in a great captain!

He was definitely the MOTM and I do understand that it’s a teamwork but I feel that as soon as he was switched to an offensive position, to a large extent we owe the win to his hard but intelligent work.

Perhaps it wasn’t until sometime ago that in our minds Amiri wouldn’t have to automatically make the roster, however especially since Bahrain games started, he’s been a Must.
                                sigpic
                                Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Working...
                                X