Vahid Amiri appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't a big fan of his performance overall in the AC, but at the end of the day it was CQ's choice to put such a young guy with so little experience in such a high-pressure situation instead of someone like gucci. At the end of the day, AT LEAST his shot was very close (not wildly outside the framework) and not some ridiculous nonsense like golmo's AC04 chip shot. He worked hard and clearly he is devastated, as anyone in that position would be. So thanks Vahid for trying, and for accepting the opportunity and stepping up to the plate when you were asked to. You have a long career and will be a key player for Iran in the future. And with the f*ck-ups of Ben Williams, no one will remember your miss as much as Williams's card-fest and Pooladi's childishness.

I'm not mad at him for that penalty miss. It happens.

But I am extremely impressed with his game. Once again, he played very well, drawing several fouls with his speed and technique.

Look, when we had 10 men, CQ brought Amiri on, as the first substitute of the match, in the quarterfinals, when Amiri only has two (2) caps. Shows how much CQ trusts him. And if CQ trusts him, I trust him.

Comment

Vahid dooset darim

but man did he look nervous lol. I wonder why reza didnt take a penalty
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Penalty kicks are a big cluster fuck involving luck. They're called a lottery for a reason. I am depressed we fought so hard to get us to the lottery phase but I love TM's gheyrat and I love that they didn't give up. Amiri missed a penalty, it happens. We are just cursed when it comes to fair officiating/penalty kicks.

Comment

he was our padideh along with PAG. the rest of the team was fine its just the tactics that suck

Comment

A miss that is hard to forgive is ehsans lol
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

The penalty shootouts is a pure game of luck.

It takes GUTS to get up there a take that shot.

TM in my eyes were brave. It's hard to imagine how hard it's is to battle for 120 mins when your tired and out of breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                A miss that is hard to forgive is ehsans lol

Comment

This is a conspiracy against Iranian football. And don't tell me I'm Iranian, I'm Kuwaiti and I follow Iranian football. Crossing off Mohammad Nouri, Ghassem Hadadifar, Mohsen Mosalman, Payam Sadeghian, Iman MobAli, Gholam Reza Rezaie, Mohammad Reza Khalatbari, Mahdi Sharifi, Rahman Ahmadi, and calling the likes of Mehradad Pouladi, Masoud Shojaie, Javad Nekunam, and Ali Reza Haghighi is something beyond our understanding. This is a betrayal at it's best.

Comment

He played well. I don't think anyone is upset at him about the penalty. He hit it well, just a bit unlucky.
                    Look forward to seeing him in more TM games.

Comment

Maybe he should learn how to take a penalty before we start an appreciation thread

Comment

The greatest players in the world have misses players, let alone Hajsafi or Amiri. Its absoloutely no shame, it could also have been Nekounam or Ando missing their penaltys. Can you guys imagine how they feel now? Put yourself in their shoes. Hope they keep their heads high and i know that they will get a lot of deldari from our other boys and the coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by sorkh View Post
                          This is a conspiracy against Iranian football. And don't tell me I'm Iranian, I'm Kuwaiti and I follow Iranian football. Crossing off Mohammad Nouri, Ghassem Hadadifar, Mohsen Mosalman, Payam Sadeghian, Iman MobAli, Gholam Reza Rezaie, Mohammad Reza Khalatbari, Mahdi Sharifi, Rahman Ahmadi, and calling the likes of Mehradad Pouladi, Masoud Shojaie, Javad Nekunam, and Ali Reza Haghighi is something beyond our understanding. This is betrayal at it's best.
                          Crack is a helluva drug.

Comment

You and Keonkish are part of this conspiracy and betrayal. You are Iranians but you are worse than the dirty Arabs that you work with.

Comment

why didn't gucci take a penalty?

Comment

Working...
                              X