No announcement yet.

The Official Persian Football Go Random Thread v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still our best legionnaire defender by a long way.

No defender is anywhere near as close as his consistency over 7 seasons in Italy

(Yes I know his TM performances dipped)

"Rezaei: "Io, la Serie A, Perugia, Gaucci, Ahn e Ibra..." - La Gazzetta dello Sport"
    https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie...6021_amp.shtml

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Part 1 of a great documentary by Majid Vares. Made in 1998, filmed in 1997.

Comment

Eskandarian-Maradona.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
          Eskandarian-Maradona.

Great find. What game is this?

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post

Great find. What game is this?
            1984 New York Cosmos 5 Barcelona 3.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

In his final 7 years with TM, Azizi failed to score any goals.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                In his final 7 years with TM, Azizi failed to score any goals.
                He only played in 10 games in the six years after the 98 world cup though... And mainly friendlies

18.12.2004 Friendly H Panama 1 - 0
                08.09.2004 World Cup Qualifier / WCQ A Jordan 2 - 0
                04.02.2003 Others / Carlsberg Cup N Uruguay 1 - 1
                01.02.2003 Others / Carlsberg Cup N Denmark 1 - 0
                18.10.2000 Asian Cup / Group A N Iraq 1 - 0
                15.10.2000 Asian Cup / Group A N Thailand 1 - 1
                09.06.2000 Others / LG CUP H Macedonia 3 - 1
                07.06.2000 Others / LG CUP H Egypt 1 - 1
                16.01.2000 Friendly A USA 1 - 1
                09.01.2000 Friendly N Mexico 1 - 2
                13.10.1998 Friendly / Friendly A Kuwait 0 - 3​

He is a player with two golden years - 1996 and 1997 - i still consider him one of our most talented players of all time.

But I think his discovery of short chubby women in his trip for the games against Mexico and USA in 2000 really distracted him. I think if he could have been khasegaried with Snooki in 1999 to get this out of his system, we would have had 8-10 years of a superstar player

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  Still our best legionnaire defender by a long way.

No defender is anywhere near as close as his consistency over 7 seasons in Italy

(Yes I know his TM performances dipped)

"Rezaei: "Io, la Serie A, Perugia, Gaucci, Ahn e Ibra..." - La Gazzetta dello Sport"
                  https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie...6021_amp.shtml

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
                  100% agree. Our best defender ever.

Sure he made a couple mistakes in big games but many tend to only remember the mistakes and they forget the incredible moments and preferences he had otherwise on a consistent basis.

There's a reason why he was literally one of the top defenders in seria A , during a time when it was one of the top 2-3 strongest Leagues in the world... At least it was the strongest League defensively... HANDS DOWN.

even in those couple matches vs Ireland and Mexico where he caused a penalty and partially at fault for a goal, Iran was under severe pressure , on the backfoot, and mistakes are bound to happen. Let's not forget vs Mexico it was mirzapour who put him in a bad spot with that messed up goal kick...vs Ireland he caught that player in the box but he performed really well otherwise and even the best defenders cause penalties sometimes when the ball is constantly in their box, facing world class players... Just look at golmohammadi vs Portugal 2006, as just one example of many.

​​​​​​Not like it was some fluke that he was the only TM defender to be successful in a top European league. He's our GOAT defender.

Comment

If you want to see how an incompetent, entitled and stupid person shamelessly conducts themselves, watch how Afsharian (head of the referee comittee in Iran) behaves on Footballe Bartar.

Say what you will about Misaghi, but he did great on this interview:

Comment

Adel will have an interview with Dejagah soon. Should be released Thursday. Hopefully a good one.

Comment

Watching the dejageh video and so far it’s awesome. So many cool stories

Comment

First time hearing Adel speak English for more than a couple sentences. I always heard that he has a degree or something like that in English langauge

Comment

Mehdi Gaei*a**t with 2 goals today

Comment

Great first part.
                              Regarding joining TM:

In 2005 IFF (Dadkan) contacted him to join TM B, but they wanted him to try out. His dad said no.

In 2010 Ghotbi contacted him and his dad and he was going to join TM for Asian Cup 2011, but the management in Wolfsburg threatened him so he didnt' join.

CQ was the one who was able to convince him and his dad.

We should thank the Germans for pushing him to us.

I still remember what a breath of fresh air his debut was for our football. A hard running, fighting, technical beast with great vision.

Comment

Part 1 of interview here for those interested:

Comment

Working...
                                X