The Official Persian Football Go Random Thread v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    Identify the players in this photo. I'm pretty certain it is our 2-1win over Georgia in 2000 but I need to cross check the lineup to confirm.

NXAJg4x.jpg
    this was basically a B team.

standing from left:

Vaezi, Rahbarifard, Nekounam, Akbari, Seyed Abbasi, Samereh

crouching from left:
    Hamedani, Yazdani, Majidi, Amirabadi, Jamshidi

Was Pourheydari manager or had Talebi come in for his 2nd spell.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

this was basically a B team.

standing from left:

Vaezi, Rahbarifard, Nekounam, Akbari, Seyed Abbasi, Samereh

crouching from left:
      Hamedani, Yazdani, Majidi, Amirabadi, Jamshidi

Was Pourheydari manager or had Talebi come in for his 2nd spell.
      Thanks. Georgia game confirmed. Edit: Pourheydari left in February of 2000. This game was in August.
      Here's another unidentified one with a rare jersey. Any help with the year,opponent and players?

TqLavVd.jpg
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Thanks. Georgia game confirmed. Edit: Pourheydari left in February of 2000. This game was in August.
        Here's another unidentified one with a rare jersey. Any help with the year,opponent and players?

TqLavVd.jpg
        This has to be 2000 as Zarincheh didn’t play past that and Nekounam had just made it into TM. Also before mid 2001 as Azizi left TM due to a dispute with Blazevic.
        This must have been another unofficial match as I’ve never seen this kit and I don’t recall this starting lineup at all.

standing (L- R): Bakhtiarizadeh, Nekounam, Mousavi, Rahbarifard, Daei, Fanaei
        crouching (L-R): Nikbakht, Dinmohammadi, Zarincheh, Emmamifar, Azizi.

Comment

This has to be 2000 as Zarincheh didn’t play past that and Nekounam had just made it into TM. Also before mid 2001 as Azizi left TM due to a dispute with Blazevic.
          This must have been another unofficial match as I’ve never seen this kit and I don’t recall this starting lineup at all.

standing (L- R): Bakhtiarizadeh, Nekounam, Mousavi, Rahbarifard, Daei, Fanaei
          crouching (L-R): Nikbakht, Dinmohammadi, Zarincheh, Emmamifar, Azizi.

It's probably 1999 as Zarrincheh's last game was the friendly against the US in January of 2000. I originally thought maybe it's from the Ciao Cup in February of 1999 where we played Kuwait and Rapid Vienna but Gholampour was the keeper for both of those games. Just looking at the stadium I imagine this was a game played abroad. The only other unofficial games we played that barely matches Azizi, Zarrincheh and Nekounam's career were March 1998 games against Nantes and Montpellier although I doubt going into the World Cup we would have fielded such an experimental side. I must be missing some unofficial games during this stretch. Or maybe it's our military team or something of that nature.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Here is another. Based on the players I recognize, the style of jerseys and the numerous LG billboards I assume it's one of the two LG tournaments we played in 2003. Please identify the players.

iUOj23Q.jpg

Comment

Happy go be reading your posts again KC Jan! You have been missed!
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

It's probably 1999 as Zarrincheh's last game was the friendly against the US in January of 2000. I originally thought maybe it's from the Ciao Cup in February of 1999 where we played Kuwait and Rapid Vienna but Gholampour was the keeper for both of those games. Just looking at the stadium I imagine this was a game played abroad. The only other unofficial games we played that barely matches Azizi, Zarrincheh and Nekounam's career were March 1998 games against Nantes and Montpellier although I doubt going into the World Cup we would have fielded such an experimental side. I must be missing some unofficial games during this stretch. Or maybe it's our military team or something of that nature.
                It has to be very late 2000, because Azizi wasn't being called up to TM from late 98 to basically 2000 due to issues with IFF.
                I don't think it's the military team either as guys like Daei and Zarrincheh had already played in such teams much earlier in their careers.

Comment

Here is another. Based on the players I recognize, the style of jerseys and the numerous LG billboards I assume it's one of the two LG tournaments we played in 2003. Please identify the players.

iUOj23Q.jpg
                  This must be LG Cup in Tabriz in 2002/2003?

Standing from left: Nekounam, Kameli-Mofrad, Lotfi, Nikbakht, Mirzapour, Daei
                  Crouching from left: Navidkia, Mobali, Kazemian, Badavi, Nosrati.

This was also the bulk of the core of the team that won the Asian Games 2002 gold medal.

Comment

This must be LG Cup in Tabriz in 2002/2003?

Standing from left: Nekounam, Kameli-Mofrad, Lotfi, Nikbakht, Mirzapour, Daei
                    Crouching from left: Navidkia, Mobali, Kazemian, Badavi, Nosrati.

This was also the bulk of the core of the team that won the Asian Games 2002 gold medal.

Wow I was really struggling with this one. I didn't even recognize Nekounam even though he is more recent player. Plus I was sifting through Majidi's games as I thought number 20 was him. With your given lineup this is the 1-1 tie with Paraguay in the LG Cup in September of 2002.

Comment

It has to be very late 2000, because Azizi wasn't being called up to TM from late 98 to basically 2000 due to issues with IFF.
                      I don't think it's the military team either as guys like Daei and Zarrincheh had already played in such teams much earlier in their careers.

Late 2000 would seem too late for a Zarrincheh call up. There is no official game that has this lineup at that time either although perhaps I am missing some unofficial games that we played.

Comment

Let's try one more today. I can't quite place the first guy standing on the right, and 2nd and 3rd guy sitting from the right although I'm thinking they are Kameli Mofrad, Amir Abadi and Mobali (although maybe not even in that order). If these 3 players are correct then this must be our 4-1 win against Cameroon in the August 2003 LG Cup.

lpwF4VH.jpg

Comment

Let's try one more today. I can't quite place the first guy standing on the right, and 2nd and 3rd guy sitting from the right although I'm thinking they are Kameli Mofrad, Amir Abadi and Mobali (although maybe not even in that order). If these 3 players are correct then this must be our 4-1 win against Cameroon in the August 2003 LG Cup.

lpwF4VH.jpg
                          First guy standing on the right is Kameli Mofrad.

This was the only TM game I ever watched in the stadium.

Comment

Late 2000 would seem too late for a Zarrincheh call up. There is no official game that has this lineup at that time either although perhaps I am missing some unofficial games that we played.
                            You're right. Late 99 is I think what I meant. It would have been before the road trip to the states for the games versus Ecuador ,Mexico and the US.

Great thread, really enjoyed it so far. Thank you.

Comment

First guy standing on the right is Kameli Mofrad.

This was the only TM game I ever watched in the stadium.
                              Given that you say you watched this, so was it in fact the 4-1 win against Cameroon?

Comment

Given that you say you watched this, so was it in fact the 4-1 win against Cameroon?
                                I honestly can't remember the lineup, but I definitely remember Majidi was starting, which wasn't that common back then. Azadi stadium's pitch had also been completely replaced, and seats installed in the lower section so the photo does match up with that period.

Comment

Working...
                                X