The Official Persian Football Go Random Thread v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    Identify the players, the opponent and the result.

2001 TM 0 Sanat va Madan Bank 0

vDa2VGP.jpg
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Please get his son to provide a proper history of Persepolis from creation to whenever his family was last in Iran.
      I had seen him over the past few Sundays but he would come late and after the game was already in progress so I didn't get a chance to talk to him. I finally talked to him last night during Charshanbeh Soori. He didn't have much to say other than he was young and didn't have much memory about Persepolis (or Bowling Abdo) as they had left Iran right around the time of the revolution but you could detect the sadness in his voice talking about it. His words were something along the lines of we lost everything, they took it all from us.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I had seen him over the past few Sundays but he would come late and after the game was already in progress so I didn't get a chance to talk to him. I finally talked to him last night during Charshanbeh Soori. He didn't have much to say other than he was young and didn't have much memory about Persepolis (or Bowling Abdo) as they had left Iran right around the time of the revolution but you could detect the sadness in his voice talking about it. His words were something along the lines of we lost everything, they took it all from us.

Damet garm and damesh garm.

I hope one day he can come back and reclaim the club as it's rightfully his family's.

Comment

Identify the following players, and if possible the opponent and score. The first one think maybe a 2-1 win against Kuwait's U23 team in 1996. The uniforms are very unique so if anyone has seen that game they should recognize it. Also I only know of one other game that Abedzadeh wore this jersey and that was in 1996 Asian Cup qualifying versus Sri Lanka. I'm not sure if that is a picture of Khomeini and Khamenei behind the players but if it is then it must be a home game. The second one based on the style of the uniforms and the empty stadium is probably a friendly sometime between mid 1996 and early 1998. I don't know of any other game where our keeper wore this purple jersey.

pW6x7Mt.jpg
          rjXyPk7.jpg

Comment

Identify the following players, and if possible the opponent and score. The first one think maybe a 2-1 win against Kuwait's U23 team in 1996. The uniforms are very unique so if anyone has seen that game they should recognize it. Also I only know of one other game that Abedzadeh wore this jersey and that was in 1996 Asian Cup qualifying versus Sri Lanka. I'm not sure if that is a picture of Khomeini and Khamenei behind the players but if it is then it must be a home game. The second one based on the style of the uniforms and the empty stadium is probably a friendly sometime between mid 1996 and early 1998. I don't know of any other game where our keeper wore this purple jersey.

pW6x7Mt.jpg
            rjXyPk7.jpg
            none of these games these pictures are from counted as official FIFA matches did they?

because I can’t think of a single game Bezik and Fekri were in the starting line up together.

Comment

What was the name of the Iranian winger (I think LW) that everyone always talked about saying that he could've been really big and was a one in a lifetime talent but his career was cut short (I think due to a scandal?) His name I think started with an M?
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Madanchi?
                but dont remember any scandales
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                  Madanchi?
                  but dont remember any scandales
                  I was way off, , not left winger, last name did not start with an "M" I went on a search to find him after my comment, lol I was talking about Mojahed Khaziravi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojahed_Khaziravi

He came up a lot in some of hte "what ifs" threads, I never got a chance to see him play, I wonder what the older members saw from his play that made him so notable?
                  --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                  ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                  --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                  ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post

I was way off, , not left winger, last name did not start with an "M" I went on a search to find him after my comment, lol I was talking about Mojahed Khaziravi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojahed_Khaziravi

He came up a lot in some of hte "what ifs" threads, I never got a chance to see him play, I wonder what the older members saw from his play that made him so notable?
                    Lol

hmm interesting for sure
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

none of these games these pictures are from counted as official FIFA matches did they?

because I can’t think of a single game Bezik and Fekri were in the starting line up together.
                      They might not have although I suspect in the second picture it was as the players are holding flowers to give to their opponents. Regardless can you name all the players? That will help me narrow it down and possibly identify the game. They have got to be two of the not bold games listed.

image.png
                      image.png

Comment

They might not have although I suspect in the second picture it was as the players are holding flowers to give to their opponents. Regardless can you name all the players? That will help me narrow it down and possibly identify the game. They have got to be two of the not bold games listed.

​​
                        First Picture:

Standing from left:

Peyrovani, Mansourian, Bagheri, Shahroud, Daei, Abedzadeh
                        Sitting from left:

Tahami, Sadaavi, ?, Dinmohammadi, ?

Second Picture

Standign from left:
                        Mahdavikia?, Bezik, Minavand, ? Hasheminasab, ?, ?, Fekri, ?, Nakisa, Khakpour

I still don't think these were official matches (FIFA ranked) because Bezik never started a game for TM.

Comment

First Picture:

Standing from left:

Peyrovani, Mansourian, Bagheri, Shahroud, Daei, Abedzadeh
                          Sitting from left:

Tahami, Sadaavi, ?, Dinmohammadi, ?

Second Picture

Standign from left:
                          Mahdavikia?, Bezik, Minavand, ? Hasheminasab, ?, ?, Fekri, ?, Nakisa, Khakpour

I still don't think these were official matches (FIFA ranked) because Bezik never started a game for TM.
                          I barely recognized anyone in the second picture other than Khakpour and Nakisa but in the first picture your 2 missing players are Varmazyar and Hakinzadeh. I'll see if I can now match these lineups to any TM game.

Edit: I found the lineup for both games against Kuwait's U23. Both of them are off. The only other non official games we played during that time was the 3 game tour of France but looking at the jerseys during the first game against Guingamp, it looks like we had already changed the style of our jerseys from what is in these 2 pictures.

Comment

Comment

Identify the players in this photo. I'm pretty certain it is our 2-1win over Georgia in 2000 but I need to cross check the lineup to confirm.

NXAJg4x.jpg

Comment

I barely recognized anyone in the second picture other than Khakpour and Nakisa but in the first picture your 2 missing players are Varmazyar and Hakinzadeh. I'll see if I can now match these lineups to any TM game.

Edit: I found the lineup for both games against Kuwait's U23. Both of them are off. The only other non official games we played during that time was the 3 game tour of France but looking at the jerseys during the first game against Guingamp, it looks like we had already changed the style of our jerseys from what is in these 2 pictures.
                                I hadn’t even heard of Hakimzadeh.

The only other thing I can think of is that they took the picture before the start of the game and then someone got injured right between then and kick off and the lineup was changed.

how many players from the games against Kuwait u23 are missing in the first photo ?

have you ever tried reaching out to Mr Panahi (teammelli dotcom owner)? He might have an idea ?

Comment

Working...
                                X