The Official Persian Football Go Random Thread v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    Against which Danish club team did TM play in 1993 and what was the score?
    Sept. 21, 1993 TM 0 Nykobing 0.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

What a beautiful goal by Agha Karim. I had forgotten about this one. Go to 3:18.
      https://youtu.be/dFn8yn8-oO0?t=198

Comment

I always wondered why Rashidi was not taken to the World Cup in 1978 given that him and Hejazi were our main keepers during the 70s. I just read an interview with him where he tells how he pulled a Rahmati and quit the team during friendlies in France. Hejazi had played against France and Rashidi was slated to play against PSG but he objected to not getting the more important game and the weather being rainy. He doesn't mention whether he actually ended up playing vs PSG or not. Between France and PSG TM also played Club Brugge where Hejazi was in goal.

https://www.isna.ir/news/97100201110...B4%D8%AF%D9%85

اگر به جام جهانی می رفتم، بازی می کردم. قبل از جام جهانی به تورنمنتی در فرانسه رفتیم که آنجا مشکلی پیش آمد و تجزیه و تحلیل من این بود که در تیم نباشم.
        بازی نخست با فرانسه بود که من بازی نکردم. در بازی دوم با پاری سن ژرمن بازی داشتیم که باران شدیدی می بارید و من باید بازی می کردم. من گفتم نمی خواهم بازی کنم. چرا برای این بازی من را انتخاب می کنید اما برای بازی با فرانسه روی نیمکت بودم؟ حتی حشمت خان به من گفت بیا برویم جام جهانی برای خودت بگرد. به او گفتم اگر بخواهم به آرژانتین بروم، خودم بلیت می گیرم. ناراحت بودم و دلم نمی خواست در تیم باشم. مشکل من این بود که از تیم ملی رفتم. به رحمتی هم توصیه کردم اشتباه من را نکند.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

In the early 90s I went to Amjadieh for a match. It didn't involve Esteghlal or Persepolis and so the stadium was relatively empty (I wanna say it was between Keshavarz and Sanat and Madan Bank). So as the announcer is giving the lineup of one team after every name there is a lame "shireh" by the people in attendance until he got to the last name which had a similar reaction except one guy didn't stop his shireh and continued extending it as shireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh long after the name was announced and everyone else had gone quiet. He must have done that for a a full 30 seconds and had the whole half empty stadium cracking up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            What a beautiful goal by Agha Karim. I had forgotten about this one. Go to 3:18.
            https://youtu.be/dFn8yn8-oO0?t=198
            That 4-2 win vs Fajr Sepasi was probably our best game under Kranjcar (may he R.I.P.)
            It was a bad decision to sack him, when we were doing rather decent.

Comment

So young.

Comment

So young.

Wow Malavan needs to bring those kits back. Man I miss having them in PGPL I really hope they don’t become PAS 2.0
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                  Wow Malavan needs to bring those kits back. Man I miss having them in PGPL I really hope they don’t become PAS 2.0
                  How did you know it was Malavan?

Comment

Isn’t it obvious from the logo on the front of the jersey? I’m also a malavan fan in addition to Persepolis as you could probably guess from my icon and signature.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                      Isn’t it obvious from the logo on the front of the jersey? I’m also a malavan fan in addition to Persepolis as you could probably guess from my icon and signature.
                      Yes but while the graphics are Malavan related but it's not their logo which is why I asked.
                      Ghayeghran is probably around 19 in the picture.

Comment

It is Malavan.
                        What else can be around that time? There wasn't any Montakhab Gilan around.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

I finally cracked the code on this one. Any guesses before I reveal it?

Comment

Maybe KC-jan has already posted this in this fantastic thread. I as a Man United fan, didnt know this until today. apparently Iran U23 played Man U in 1977,
                            any pics or info, anyone in the forum that saw the game? wish we could set up such friendlies today for our U23..

https://www.teammelli.com/sample-pag...d-vs-iran-u23/

24th October 1977
                            Amjadiyah Stadium
                            Attendance: 15,000

IRAN U23 – MANCHESTER UNITED

0 – 2

Omid Iran: Nader Faryad-Shiran ; AliReza Ghashghaean, Mostafa Muslimi (30′ Ali Shojaei), Habib Khabiri , Reza Rajabi, Muslimm Khani, Abdolreza Barzagari, Kamel Anjini (29′ Ali Reza Khorsheedi), Hamid Alidoosti (75′ Hossein Faraki ), Hossein Fedakar, Behtash Fariba

Coach : Heshmat Mohajerani

Man Utd: Paddy Roche ; Alex Forsythe, Martin Buchan, Ashley Greaves, Jimmy Nichols, Stuart Pearson ( 46′ Tommy Clark), David McReary, Sammy McLeroy (62′ Tommy Jackson ), Chris McGrath, Gordon Hill ((80′ Ian Ashworth), Steve Coppel.

Coach : Dave Sexton
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                                Maybe KC-jan has already posted this in this fantastic thread. I as a Man United fan, didnt know this until today. apparently Iran U23 played Man U in 1977,
                                any pics or info, anyone in the forum that saw the game? wish we could set up such friendlies today for our U23..

https://www.teammelli.com/sample-pag...d-vs-iran-u23/

24th October 1977
                                Amjadiyah Stadium
                                Attendance: 15,000

IRAN U23 – MANCHESTER UNITED

0 – 2

Omid Iran: Nader Faryad-Shiran ; AliReza Ghashghaean, Mostafa Muslimi (30′ Ali Shojaei), Habib Khabiri , Reza Rajabi, Muslimm Khani, Abdolreza Barzagari, Kamel Anjini (29′ Ali Reza Khorsheedi), Hamid Alidoosti (75′ Hossein Faraki ), Hossein Fedakar, Behtash Fariba

Coach : Heshmat Mohajerani

Man Utd: Paddy Roche ; Alex Forsythe, Martin Buchan, Ashley Greaves, Jimmy Nichols, Stuart Pearson ( 46′ Tommy Clark), David McReary, Sammy McLeroy (62′ Tommy Jackson ), Chris McGrath, Gordon Hill ((80′ Ian Ashworth), Steve Coppel.

Coach : Dave Sexton
                                LOL yes right before your post.

Comment

Working...
                                X