The Official Persian Football Go Random Thread v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    Missing from your lineup is Sayyami (standing) and Ardestani and Taghavi.
    Any guesses about when and against whom?
    Should be around 1364-65?

Which one is Taghavi! The one sitting next to Ghalenoei?

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have seen Joghtapour train with Nassaji and Mazandaran and had a long chat with him many times.

The guy is a monster, also a very decent person.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        Should be around 1364-65?
        Which one is Taghavi! The one sitting next to Ghalenoei?
        Yes because Ardestani is definitely the rishoo one.

The match is from February of 1986 in the Daheyeh Fajr tournament against Ghana, a 3-0 win. We had two teams entered and this was the weaker of the two.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Yes because Ardestani is definitely the rishoo one.

The match is from February of 1986 in the Daheyeh Fajr tournament against Ghana, a 3-0 win. We had two teams entered and this was the weaker of the two.
          Doesn't look like Taghavi to me.

Yeah, later most of them(Pious, Fononi, Ansarifard, Mohammadkhani,Namjoo), became key players in 1988 Asian Cup in Doha.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
            Doesn't look like Taghavi to me.

Yeah, later most of them(Pious, Fononi, Ansarifard, Mohammadkhani,Namjoo), became key players in 1988 Asian Cup in Doha.
            I wasn't sure about Taghavi either but the lineup and match report says it's him

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Boroomand 0.7692
              Fariba 0.7500
              Daei 0.7315
              Masoud-Ansari 0.6667
              Azmoun 0.6538
              Shirzadegan 0.6429
              Bagheri 0.5747
              Alidoosti 0.5556
              Behzadi 0.5429
              Barzegari 0.5333
              Pious 0.5294
              Mohammadkhani 0.5185
              Firoozi 0.5000
              Nouraei 0.5000
              Mazloomi 0.4750
              Taremi 0.4681
              Kalani 0.4583
              Bavi 0.4348
              Faraki 0.4348
              Fathabadi 0.4167
              Ghoochannejad 0.3864
              Marfavi 0.3548
              Jabbari 0.3514
              Ansarifard 0.3125
              Hashemian 0.3000
              Modirroosta 0.3000
              Karimi 0.2992
              Koozehkanani 0.2857
              Khorshidi 0.2778
              Roshan 0.2708
              Borhani 0.2703
              Enayati 0.2667
              Eftekhari 0.2500
              Azizi 0.2340
              Jahani 0.2333
              G. Rezaei 0.2200
              Ghelichkhani 0.2121
              Mousavi 0.2000
              Taheri 0.2000
              Changiz 0.1875
              Khatibi 0.1852
              Yekkeh 0.1667
              Iranpak 0.1579
              Parvin 0.1528
              K. Rezaei 0.1429
              Farzami 0.1250
              Adelkhani 0.1176
              Sadeghi 0.1053
              Kazemian 0.0909
              Sharafi 0.0909
              Shahmohammadi 0.0833
              Jedikar 0.0690

Comment

Thanks to KC's post here, I did some research about Masih Masihnia and learned that he was our first legionnaire in Italy.
                He played for Perugia in 79/80 (4 games total according to himself, not clear in what stage) and retired the season after to continue his studies and professional life.

More reading for those interested:

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/166812...B3%DB%8C%D9%84

https://www.transfermarkt.us/masih-m...spieler/764794

Comment

I have said this before and say it again. PFDC is a perfect place for all Iranian football fans and footballers in particular to learn and strengthen their English skills and therefore should stay well clear of politics completely so that it is not banned/filtered. It is a known fact that you learn a language better if you study it in the subject you are interested in. Our great football talents could strengthen their English and have an easier transition if they ever get a contract outside of Iran. Those who want to overthrew the government/system blah blah should go to other places and leave this place purely for football and benefit of Iranian football. Please keep this site clean of politics. Sport is by default politics free anyway. Thanks
                  هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                  نگاه میکنید.
                  sigpic
                  I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                    I have said this before and say it again. PFDC is a perfect place for all Iranian football fans and footballers in particular to learn and strengthen their English skills and therefore should stay well clear of politics completely so that it is not banned/filtered. It is a known fact that you learn a language better if you study it in the subject you are interested in. Our great football talents could strengthen their English and have an easier transition if they ever get a contract outside of Iran. Those who want to overthrew the government/system blah blah should go to other places and leave this place purely for football and benefit of Iranian football. Please keep this site clean of politics. Sport is by default politics free anyway. Thanks
                    What did your post have to do with random football?

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                      What the website should do is up to the guy who runs it not some random dinosaurs who ban content they don't like in Iran.

Comment

Against which Danish club team did TM play in 1993 and what was the score?

Comment

July 13, 2018

Arash Naomouz, retired professional soccer player and co-owner of ‘401 Table and Tap in Bellaire, says he is still in love with the beautiful game. Born in Tehran, Iran, Arash remembers playing soccer in the streets as a child and using rocks to mark the goals. Arash played for Iranian football clubs Poora, Pas, Bahman and eventually became a member of the Iranian national team. In 1993 Iran was on the verge of playing in the 1994 World Cup (hosted by the United States). Unfortunately, Saudi Arabia, a team Iran usually handled easily, pulled off a 4-3 upset, earning the Asia Zone’s top spot to qualify for the 1994 World Cup.

“It was so disappointing because we always beat Saudi Arabia,” shared Arash.

Moving to Houston in 1994 to play for the Houston Hotshots, the defender eventually joined Major League Soccer’s Los Angeles Galaxy. He was in line to play for Iran in the 1998 World Cup in France but suffered a career-ending right knee injury in 1997. Despite the setbacks, Noamouz remains in love with the World Cup.

“It’s the event that unites all the cultures around the world. It’s something that I love a lot,” he said. When asked about how many of those frequent overdramatic injuries on the soccer field are real, he grinned and said that most of the time, players really do have cramps from all the running that are very painful, but not always. Arash and his wife, Kristi Coffey, have been opening the restaurant early to allow fans to watch the games and plan on being open on Sunday for the World Cup Final.

Comment

Spot Ali Daei in the picture.

Comment

Spot Ali Daei in the picture.

Standing 3rd from left.

Is that Afshin Peyrovani in the middle (sitting)?
                              IF so, this must be Bank Tejarat's team.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                Standing 3rd from left.
                                Is that Afshin Peyrovani in the middle (sitting)?
                                IF so, this must be Bank Tejarat's team.
                                No it's Esteghlal of Ardebil.
                                I should have worded the post differently and simply asked if anyone recognizes anyone in the pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X