• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    Identify the players in this picture.
    Standing from left:
    Arab???, Kashani, Hejazi, ???, Behzadi, Ghelichkhani
    Sitting from left:
    Jabbari, Parvin, Iranpaak, Ashtiyani, know who he is but can't remember the name (Former Pas player I think and also TM 1978 assistant coach)<
    Last edited by Nokhodi; 06-19-2020, 09:05 AM.

Comment

In our away game against UAE, was the takedown on Rezaei at the end of the game a penalty?

Was there no replay of the incident?
      If so, that leads me to think Emirati tv did not want to show it was a penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        Was there no replay of the incident?
        If so, that leads me to think Emirati tv did not want to show it was a penalty.
        They do that regardless of whether its a penalty or not.

I think Rezaei was looking for the penalty and it wasn't given as a result but I've seen way more obvious penalties/calls not made in our favor vs Arab teams so who knows

Comment

Standing from left:
          Arab???, Kashani, Hejazi, ???, Behzadi, Ghelichkhani
          Sitting from left:
          Jabbari, Parvin, Iranpaak, Ashtiyani, know who he is but can't remember the name (Former Pas player I think and also TM 1978 assistant coach)<
          Due to the blue jerseys I assumed it was in the 1971 Kourosh Cup but I'm not sure. You are missing Haghverdian in the top row, and Ashtiani and Halvaei in the bottom row. Also as crazy as it sounds I'm not sure that's Hejazi and think it could be Mavaddat. I wanna say it's from the semifinal against Austria.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Due to the blue jerseys I assumed it was in the 1971 Kourosh Cup but I'm not sure. You are missing Haghverdian in the top row, and Ashtiani and Halvaei in the bottom row. Also as crazy as it sounds I'm not sure that's Hejazi and think it could be Mavaddat. I wanna say it's from the semifinal against Austria.
            I didn't miss Ashtiyani, I just spelled it differently.

Also the player you think is Halvaei, is that not Asghar Sharafi (I finally remembered his name)?

Good point about Mavadatt. It's very possible. Similar hairstyle.

Comment

I didn't miss Ashtiyani, I just spelled it differently.
              Also the player you think is Halvaei, is that not Asghar Sharafi (I finally remembered his name)?
              Good point about Mavadatt. It's very possible. Similar hairstyle.
              You are right, it's Sharafi. Any guesses on what game it is? I don't think we ever wore blue other than in the 1971 Cyrus Cup. I have the team photos for the group games so that's why I think it's either the semifinal or the final. Whichever one it is, this is probably the pic of the other game:

I think the one I just posted in this post is the final against Argeș Pitești and the previous one the semifinal against Austria but I have no lineup to compare it to.
              Hairstyle aside, it seems like the backup keeper wore orange while the main keeper was wearing yellow.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Identify the players in this picture.

Arab, Kashani, Hejazi, Haghverdian, Behzadi, Ghelichkhani

Jabbari, Parvin, Iranpak, Ashtiani, Sharafi

Comment

Can someone identify what game this is from? It looks like it's in Amjadieh and considering the absence of Ghelichkhani and the short length of Hejazi's hair it must be sometime around 1977. The other giveaway was that it was posted in Donyaye Varzesh prior to our game with Kuwait that took place on 10/28/77 and thus it has to be from shortly before then. We played Romania in August but that game was in Azadi. We played Hungary in Amjadieh in March although for that game Maveddat was the keeper plus Ghelichkhani started the game. We played some non official games the Soviet Union's youth team (twice) and Hungary's Olympic team but I have no lineup to compare it to and if I am to believe what I read they were in Azadi although I could see it being a typo and such non important matches being played in Amjadieh. So does anyone know?
                  Finally got an answer. It's from our 9/28/77 game against Galatasaray in Amjadieh. We won 3-1 with goals by Ghasempour, Adelkhani and substitute Mazloomi (who is not in the picture).

Comment

Should Kaebi's takedown against Singapore have been a penalty kick?

Comment

Why Shariati, why....

Comment

Why Shariati, why....

pulled a gary lineker lol

Comment

South Korea's goal against Iran in the 2011 Asian Championship. Mashalla.

Comment

South Korea's goal against Iran in the 2011 Asian Championship. Mashalla.

What the ..?
                            I'm pretty sure that's an Iranian fan's job.

Comment

Comment

I immediately need the results of Persepolis against Darayi and Shahin in the 1370 Tehran League. Without them someone might die.
                                Persepolis beat Shahin 1-0 in 1370.

I attended one of Persepolis’s last games, against Shahin, and in spite of attacking from the get-go, they were simply unable to break down their opponent. With time whittling away and the game still tied, I slowly made my exit down the stadium side to avoid traffic. I was halfway down when I heard a loud roar from the stadium, prompting me to run back up. I fully expected a goal although it turned out it was simply another near miss. As I headed down again, once more I heard a roar, although not as loud as the previous one. I debated going back up and finally convinced myself that not doing so might deprive me from knowing the actual result of the game in spite of my presence. When I finally made it back up, I spotted the Persepolis players embracing themselves and celebrating the late goal they had just scored.

Comment

Working...
                                X