The Official Persian Football Go Random Thread v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    Parviz Ghelichkhani is a 3 time Asian Championship gold medalist.
    I just looked further into this. He is not just the only Iranian to win three Asian Championships but the only Asian player to win three Asian Championships.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

A little off topic but came back from a Sunday league game with Iranians last night where the game fell apart after the players argued with the referee.

This problem is rampant

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
        A little off topic but came back from a Sunday league game with Iranians last night where the game fell apart after the players argued with the referee.

This problem is rampant
        Yap. I've played on teams where teammates have kicked the ball away into the street after we got a bad call, cursed the ref and then left the game in their car.
        Makes us look great

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          Yap. I've played on teams where teammates have kicked the ball away into the street after we got a bad call, cursed the ref and then left the game in their car.
          Makes us look great
          10,000 years of civilization.

Can't avoid complaining to the referee though.

An IPL rule of a yellow card for aggression with the ref automatically needs to be done.

Comment

Kaveh Rad is playing for Sporting Kansas City II. His twin brother Jayhoon played for Swope Park Rangers.
            Amir Bashti is with Atlanta United II.
            Arshia Aghababazadeh is with Michigan Stars FC.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Kaveh Rad is playing for Sporting Kansas City II. His twin brother Jayhoon played for Swope Park Rangers.
              Amir Bashti is with Atlanta United II.
              Arshia Aghababazadeh is with Michigan Stars FC.
              nice...!! didnt know
              gave up my SKC season ticks to my nephew and havent been to any of their games in a year now.... seen the swope park rangers play on few occasions pretty decent young squad..!

what sorta last name is that..? so Rad..!!

i gather their mom then is irooni ??

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                nice...!! didnt know
                gave up my SKC season ticks to my nephew and havent been to any of their games in a year now.... seen the swope park rangers play on few occasions pretty decent young squad..!
                Rad is a Persian name. I actually have an Iranian friend whose first name is Rad. Here's a soccer memory I have with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  Makes us look great
                  i remember a Noruz tournament in Irvine 10+ years ago when a player pulled a knife. i don’t remember if it was a ref or opposing player that upset him but he ran off the field to his duffel bag and pulled out a knife. his teammates restrained him, calmed him down and sent him home. thankfully no one was hurt and police were not involved. but it was the last of those tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                    nice...!! didnt know

The pronunciation of is Raad. I believe Adam Hemati who played for Perspolis last season is the grandson of famous Iranian Actor Saeid Rad.
                    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Comment

Being a fan of Brazil, in the 1986 World Cup their goalkeeper Carlos was one of my heroes. I just realized 10 years prior he also kept goal for Brazil against Iran in a 2-2 tie.

https://www.teammelli.com/matchdata/...ls.php?id=1990

The first match of Team Melli under the Iranian coach Heshmant Mohajerani who was the understudy of the Irish Frank O'Farrel in Team Melli for many years. The match was in preparation for Iran’s participation the 1976 Munich Olympic games football tournament and what better opponent than Brazil. Although this was supposed to be a full international, the Brazilians sent their Olympic squad instead. Brazil also qualified for the Munich Olympics football.

The Brazilians quickly got a grip on the game as their youngsters put a good show for the Iranian fans as if to promote the quality of their world renowned Brazilian football. Nice passes, dribbling and trickery was the hallmark of this Brazilian team to the delight of the local crowds in Shiraz.

It did not take the Brazilians long to score to take the lead. 15 minutes passed when ERIVELTO hit the ball from 25 meters out to score for Brazil. The guests continued showing their quality while Iranian players were caught out and had a dreadful start to the game. The midfield marshaled by Ali Parvin was overwhelmed by the Brazilians as Hassan Nazari playing as a defensive midfielder for the first time, was caught out of position several times. Alireza Azizi of the left flank did not tick either.
                        As skilled as the Brazilians were , this particular team showed the customary weakness of its football, the defense. From the first few offensive moves by Iran, the Brazilian hesitant defense was apparent and it was there for the taking.

Despite the modest showing by the defenders and midfield players, Iran’s offensive line consisting of Rowshan , Nooraei and Khorsheedi were giving the Brazilians a run for their money.
                        In particular , Hassan Rowshan on the right flank was giving the Brazilian defenders a horrid time. His individual skills and dribbling lead to several scoring oppertunities for Team Melli. In the 25th minute , he dribbled passed his markers and came close to the goal. His powerful shot was parried by the Brazilian Keeper for Azizi to score the rebound. It was 1-1 and all square.

Two minutes later, the unstoppable Rowshan repeated the same move and this time the ball dropped in for Nasser Nooraei , the debutant Homa Club forward, to slot past a defender and send the ball into the goal. Iran, which was outplayed in the first 20 minutes of the match, was unexpectedly leading 2-1 to leave the Brazilians astounded.
                        The guests vigorously looked for the equalizer and just before half time whistle, they achieved it. Hossein Rafghfar, deputizing for Nasser Hejazi in goal, did well to deflect a shot from the Brazilian forward, however the ball reached ALBERTO, who cleverly curled the rebound past the hapless keeper to score the equalizer.

The entertaining first half finished 2-2.

Team Melli started the 2nd half much better than the first. Their confidence was high as they challenged the Brazilians in every department. The Iranian defense was much tighter to the extent that Raghfar was having a quiet time in goal. The midfield was reshuffled with Parviz Ghleechkhani playing in the center flanked by Nayeb-Agha and Zolfagharnasab. This formation was good enough to prevent the Brazilians to control the field by hassling them for every ball while employing some clever passing of their own to support the forwards. Why Brazil was on the offensive, the Iranian defense started deep in the field hence not allowing the Brazilian the freedom they enjoyed in the first half.

Iran’s forward were still creating good chances, one that fell to Khorsheedi and the second to Nooraei could have changed the score line. Garnik Shahbandari’s , a substitute player for Khorsheedi , continued the fine display on the left flank, with a clever shot that was cleared right on the goal line by the Brazilian defender.

It was a satisfactory result for Iran. The new coach began in a positive note as his players, despite the initial poor showing, played a beautifully balanced game against a skillful Brazilian side.

Man of the Match: Hassan Rowshan

Azizi's goal. Carlos is on the ground.

Lineups:
                        Iran: Hossein RAGHFAR, Hassan NAZARI, Suhamudeen MEERFAKHRAEI (Bijan ZOLFAGHARNASAB 46), Andranik ESKANDARIAN, Hassan NAYEBAGHA, Parviz GHLEECHKHANI, Ali PARVIN, Alireza AZIZI, Alireza KHORSHIDI (Garnik SHAHBANADRI 70), Nasser NOORAEI, Hassan ROWSHAN.

Brazil: Carlos Roberto Rocha Gallo, Leovegildo Lins da Gama Júnior, Roberto "TECÃO" Franqueira, Edinho Nazareth Filho, Francisco "CHICO FRAGA" da Silva, JOÃO ALFREDO (Julinho), Alberto Ribeiro Marques, Rosemiro Correia de Souza, Fernando Luís Brederodes Pires, Erivelto Martins, Geraldo Francisco dos Santos ZIZINHO (Eudes).

The Brazil players who would later go on to become famous were Carlos, Junior and Edinho, all 3 of which played in the 1986 World Cup.

Comment

This looks like it might be from early 1990 when we lost to Poland 2-0.

Comment

Identify the players in this picture.

Comment

In 1993 TM beat Bayern Munich 1-0. Daei scored the goal.

Comment

Identify the players in this picture.

Standing from left Kargajam, Iranpak, Ashtiani,Jabbari, Hejazi, Mavedat

Sitting from left Kalani, Sharafi, Kashani, Ghelichkhani, Ghorab, Arab

Comment

Working...
                                X