No announcement yet.

The Official Persian Football Go Random Thread v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking about this pictures, haven't seen a LB as solid as Manafi in Iranian football(until his terrible injury), and that include Moharrami who IMO was probably Iran's best ever LB in level of consistency and for longer period Too bad a terrible car accident put an end to an amazing start of career for Manafi at the age of 23 only! He was a full package LB!

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      Talking about this pictures, haven't seen a LB as solid as Manafi in Iranian football(until his terrible injury), and that include Moharrami who IMO was probably Iran's best ever LB in level of consistency and for longer period Too bad a terrible car accident put an end to an amazing start of career for Manafi at the age of 23 only! He was a full package LB!
      Moharrami has been our best ever left back in every possible way.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Kock on wood Karim Baghri still looks the same (Actually he looks even better) and amazingly still in such great shape, as opposed to the likes of Daei. I might add Khodadad and Afshin Peyrovani to the list as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
            Here's a harder one. Same question, players and game:

Tell us the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              Tell us the answer.
              To be honest I was hoping someone would tell me the answer because I don't know either! From the uniforms and lineup it's a game prior to the 1994 Asian Games but as those preparatory games were against club teams I have found no record of the lineups of pictures of the game or even list of opponents to compare.

Comment

It is from before the Asian games 1994 for sure, Aalami didn't make the squad for that tournament.

Comment

Who is Aalami, this is the first time I've heard of him

Comment

Who is Aalami, this is the first time I've heard of him
                    Iman Aalami, used to play as striker for Esteghlal, and did ok there, and if i am not wrong was part of the golden U-23 team of 1992 with Hasan Habibi as headcoach and Peyrovani, Manafi, Azizi, Majedi, Golmohamadi, Bagheri and many others which failed to make it to Olympics(again!!).

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      Iman Aalami, used to play as striker for Esteghlal, and did ok there, and if i am not wrong was part of the golden U-23 team of 1992 with Hasan Habibi as headcoach and Peyrovani, Manafi, Azizi, Majedi, Golmohamadi, Bagheri and many others which failed to make it to Olympics(again!!).
                      Thank you.

Was Reza Shahroodi part of that Olympic team too?

Comment

Thank you.
                        Was Reza Shahroodi part of that Olympic team too?
                        Don't think so, Manafi was LB in that tournament,

Edited: my bad Shahroudi was added to the list during the tournament later on.

Comment

In fact base on this Habib crossed off Daei from the tournament. I am not sure about this though.
                          وتبالی*ها جوان شدند
                          از سال 1992 آسیایی*ها برای اولین*بار به تبعیت از قانون تازه فوتبال المپیک مسابقات مقدماتی را با حضور بازیکنان زیر 21 سال برگزار کردند، این بازیکنان در حین برگزاری المپیک 23 ساله می شدند. ایران در دوره اول از این شکل برگزاری در گروهی قرار گرفت که تیم*های قطر، امارات، یمن و پاکستان در آن حضور داشتند. حسن حبیبی سرمربی ما بود، 3 بازی اولمان بازی*های ضعیف*مان بود و در 5 بازی بعدی همه حریفان را بردیم اما تسلیم ناکامی در 3 بازی اول و تبانی سیاه عربی بین قطر و امارات شدیم و از صعود به المپیک بازماندیم. در این دوره مجالی بسیار مساعد برای شناخت ستاره*ای به اسم خداداد عزیزی فراهم آمد که مرد اول ایران بود اما بهزاد داداش*زاده، میرشاد ماجدی و رضا رضایی*منش که این سومین کاپیتان تیم ملی هم بود، درخشان*ترین افراد ایران بودند و رفته رفته با ادامه بازی*ها حسین خطیبی و جواد منافی هم به جمع مردان درخشانمان اضافه شدند. در این تیم رضا شاهرودی، گل محمدی، پیروانی، دلیخون، قویدل، قازاریان، امیرفرهاد یعقوبی، ملاح*زاده، عرض*پیما و ... حضور داشتند و علی دایی در اولین غربال حسن حبیبی از فهرست مردان المپیکی حذف شد.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/128547...3%D8%AA-%D8%9F

Comment

As you notice both Manafi and Shahroudi are in line-up so i assume Shahroudi was playing as LW.

Comment

So from this pic:
                              L to R standing: Rezaeimanesh, Delikhoun, Yahya,Yaghoubi?, Ghavidel?, Shahroudi
                              L to R sitting: Ghazarian, Hossein Khatibi, Azizi, Manafi, Majedi

Comment

Shahroudi was part of the U23 team in 1991.

Comment

Working...
                                X