Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    Spot Ali Daei in the picture.

This picture being very old none of the sitting guys are Daei as they seem old enough to be his dad. Ali Daei is tall and in the standing ones the only young and tall one is the one standing next to the keeper.
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.
    sigpic
    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Ghelichkhani's return to Iran in 1982.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Identify the players, the opponent and the result.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Here is the schedule for Tehran's 1370 League Championship.

The games didn't actually happen in this order. The last game of the season was Esteghlal-Persepolis even though it was slotted for the 12th week. I saw Shahin play both Esteghlal and Persepolis although the Persepolis game happened before the Esteghlal game (which was the last game I saw in person in Iran until 2018) in spite of it being scheduled after Shahin-Esteghlal. I saw 9 Tehran league matches that season that I can remember although some were double headers and I got lucky to catch the appetizer game before the main course (both Poora games). The games I saw were:

Vahdat-Poora
          Keshavarz-Pas
          Persepolis-Keshavarz
          Esteghlal-Pas
          Pas-Poora
          Persepolis-Bank Tejarat
          Keshavarz-Shahin
          Esteghlal-Shahin
          Persepolis-Shahin

In addition I attended the following non-Tehran league matches:

AFC Cup Winners Cup: Persepolis 1 Al Hilal 0
          AFC Cup Winners Cup: Persepolis 1 Al Moharragh 0
          Tehran Hazfi Cup: Keshavarz 2 Bank Sanat va Madan 1
          Tehran Hazfi Cup: Pas 4 Keshavarz 2
          Friendly: Esteghlal 0 Switzerland's Grasshopper 1
          Olympic qualifier: Iran 2 UAE 2

Comment

Name the opponent and the year that Naser Hejazi scored two goals for Esteghlal in a game.

Comment

I now have just under 60% of the group pics of all TM games ever played. I have a batch of around 30 that I am still working on in order to identify the year, opponent and result. One of the most recent ones I stumbled upon was the pic from our lineup in 1947 in our 1-1 tie against an Istanbul selection where our keeper was Polish.

Comment

goalie - Fanaie
                3 - Nikbakht
                9 - Samereh
                19 - Rezaie
                5 - Bakhtiarizadeh
                4 - Hasheminasab
                10 - Din Mohammadi
                7 - Kavianpour
                8 - Karimi
                6 - Bagheri

should be around 2001-2002
                Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                Villa + Messi =

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                  Identify the players, the opponent and the result.

Standing from left: Fanaei, Samereh, Rezaei, Bakhtiarizadeh, Hasheminasab
                  Sitting from left: Dinmohammadi, Khaziravi, Kavianpour, Karimi, Bagheri

Sometime in early 2001? I really don't know what game it was. Was it even an official game?

Comment

Judging by the style of the jerseys and the lineup it's 2001. Now that all the players in the lineup are identified I can cross reference it to my list of games which should tell me what game it is unless it was an unofficial match against a club, youth or B team.

Edit: I checked all of Fanaei's games (5). None of the lineups match. It must be an unofficial game. I'll check my list when I get home.

Comment

We only played one unofficial game during that period that I know of which was against a Serie C selection but I already have the picture from that game and it's not this one.

Comment

The only other thing I can think of is maybe a player got injured between the photo and start of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          The only other thing I can think of is maybe a player got injured between the photo and start of the game?
                          The uniforms are bizarre too. The only time I remember us wearing that combination was in 1998 against Inter Milan.
                          The earliest I have us not wearing this style jersey is April of 2000 against Maldives while the first time I have that we stopped wearing it was August of 2001 against Qatar so it must be from a game within that window.

Comment

Guys has anyone been following Tarafdari website's "team of the century selection" programmes? Highly recommended.
                            They are asking all Iranian coaches, captains, club chairs, veterans, refs and players with over 50 caps to choose their best 11 greatest Iranian players in history, best Iranian and foreign manager who has coached in Iran, greatest club or TM year, best referee, top 3 footballers, and top 3 athletes in all sports. Very informative specially those episodes that features someone who has seen all TM generations, like Panjali, Derakhshan and Zolfagharnasab. Notice the incredible praise that Ghelichkhani gets as the greatest of all time.
                            Also some hilarious episodes with Kaabi and Alavi putting their own name and their foolad buddies in the greatest 11.

https://www.tarafdari.com/static/page/taxonomy/266580

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                              Guys has anyone been following Tarafdari website's "team of the century selection" programmes? Highly recommended.
                              They are asking all Iranian coaches, captains, club chairs, veterans, refs and players with over 50 caps to choose their best 11 greatest Iranian players in history, best Iranian and foreign manager who has coached in Iran, greatest club or TM year, best referee, top 3 footballers, and top 3 athletes in all sports. Very informative specially those episodes that features someone who has seen all TM generations, like Panjali, Derakhshan and Zolfagharnasab. Notice the incredible praise that Ghelichkhani gets as the greatest of all time.
                              Also some hilarious episodes with Kaabi and Alavi putting their own name and their foolad buddies in the greatest 11.

Lol. Kaabi at least has some claim; Alavi dige chikar kard?

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                                Can't argue with that.
                                Edit: I read through some of the selections. I see that Ghelichkhani is picked for various positions on the field by different people which is a testament to how aside from goalkeeper he could play any position.

Comment

Working...
                                X